TRS Forums "read only mode"

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
xCaZx
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

PostSubject: Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"   Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:28 am

In all seriousness, them making it read only, with little explanation and no for-warning is a slap in the face to the people who still used the site. 

The way I see it is its there site to close down if they choose, but the people making the decision should face the audience and give some sort of explanation. Instead of sending animal out there with some weak ass post basically amounting to "sorry guys, TRS is closed". 

This entire situation reeks of some crybabies bitching and moaning behind the scenes to the admin until the admin said "fuck it, were just shutting it down".
Back to top Go down
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

PostSubject: Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"   Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:34 am

@xCaZx wrote:
In all seriousness, them making it read only, with little explanation and no for-warning is a slap in the face to the people who still used the site. 

The way I see it is its there site to close down if they choose, but the people making the decision should face the audience and give some sort of explanation. Instead of sending animal out there with some weak ass post basically amounting to "sorry guys, TRS is closed". 

This entire situation reeks of some crybabies bitching and moaning behind the scenes to the admin until the admin said "fuck it, were just shutting it down".
The people who get screwed over the most by this stupid decision by TRS are the people like Harry and 1UP, who use the website as a hub to release their SOCOM content. The whole "message animal if you want a post updated" is a really inconvenient way for them to get a patch updated etc. They arnt gonna bother doing that when they see how long it will take to have a post edited. They are just simply gonna post somewhere else, discord or another website altogether. 

You are probably onto something and I honestly wouldnt be surprised but I am not gonna speculate. The fact is in the last week more drama occurred but almost all of it was kept off the website and like I said, it wouldnt have even warranted a forum closing up because its the same old same old that we all have seen before.
Back to top Go down
xCaZx
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

PostSubject: Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"   Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:43 am

@dizee wrote:
@xCaZx wrote:

The people who get screwed over the most by this stupid decision by TRS are the people like Harry and 1UP, who use the website as a hub to release their SOCOM content. The whole "message animal if you want a post updated" is a really inconvenient way for them to get a patch updated etc. They arnt gonna bother doing that when they see how long it will take to have a post edited. They are just simply gonna post somewhere else, discord or another website altogether. 

You are probably onto something and I honestly wouldnt be surprised but I am not gonna speculate. The fact is in the last week more drama occurred but almost all of it was kept off the website and like I said, it wouldnt have even warranted a forum closing up because its the same old same old that we all have seen before.

TRS was supposed to be the HUB for all things Socom. They literally just slammed the door on all the stuff those guys were doing on X Link, Socom on PC, and all the work they were doing on trying to get the servers up and running again. 

I agree, those guys have no reason to bother with "updating" anything. ...and what? the rest of us are supposed to go check TRS to see if someone has jumped through the hoops of updating something? and even if they did we can provide zero feedback...lol screw that.
Back to top Go down
Buchanans
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

PostSubject: Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"   Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:24 am

I changed my avatar back over there to a "read only" variety. 

I encourage others to express themselves in a similar manner. Particularly the three of you that are on the main page in the recent post sidebar.
Back to top Go down
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

PostSubject: Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"   Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:47 am

Classless move. For weak reasons. I have no issue hanging here. Same guys different site. No drama and flip flopping.
Back to top Go down
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

PostSubject: Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"   Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:52 am

@Buchanans wrote:

I encourage others to express themselves in a similar manner. Particularly the three of you that are on the main page in the recent post sidebar.
i tried but it wont let me. I dont have permission for that...  i guess they noticed you doing it and put a stop to it already.
Back to top Go down
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

PostSubject: Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"   Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:48 am

@S_L_I_C_K wrote:
@Buchanans wrote:

i tried but it wont let me. I dont have permission for that...  i guess they noticed you doing it and put a stop to it already.

That right there shows that shutting them down was punitive on their part. Why on Earth would they freeze that feature otherwise?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"   Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:24 pm

Since it's relevant I'll just post what I responded to Buchanans with when he PMed me last night:

"I'm sorry you don't agree with our decision on the timing of the change but we felt it was the best option when we considered the personality types of our more eccentric members and what they might do if given advance warning of a forum lock up. Now add all the people who don't even normally post but for some reason have a reason to dump on this place like SOF fanboys or just some lurking troll like this community has always had.

Think of how much chaos one person could cause if they had 9 or 10 hours while I was at work to do whatever they wanted. Then multiply that when everyone sees what's going on and they all jump on the bandwagon. You know we have more than enough of those type of people in our community to do some major damage.

So again I'm sorry it was so sudden but the staff all agreed that ripping the band-aid off quickly was the most favorable course of action."

The talk about changing avatars is evidence of this possibility, now multiply that for the more vitriolic community members. We also didn't want any thread owners deleting or changing threads last minute out of spite and depriving everyone of the information contained within like the patch or emulator threads.

Last edited by Animal-_- on Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"   

Back to top Go down

TRS Forums "read only mode"
Page 2 of 37Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SOCOM DISCUSSIONS :: SOCOM U.S. NAVY SEALS-
Jump to: