SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

TRS Forums "read only mode"

+23
KMART
tbird
PAUL-AWOL-
UnSeenDeath88
ChemoFreak7
Peiper
MACK IS GOD
S_L_I_C_K
Oni64
MR.BLUE
Kill_Frosty
SocomDitch
JRiv_Eagle
Bacterin
xCaZx
TOMBSTONE4U
PRE_-CISION-_
Organ-Donor
Tactical Junglist
Buchanans
1UP
eVo7
Admin
27 posters
Go down
Tactical Junglist
Tactical Junglist
REAVER
REAVER

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 33 Empty Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:39 am
S_L_I_C_K wrote:
Tactical Junglist wrote:Since people are throwing away e-money right now, here's my two cents, LOL.

If you guys don't want to be friends, that is fine with me.  I would never want to force you guys to be friends, nor would I speak for you in that regard. We're all our own persons. I just want the mudslinging to stop, FROM ALL SIDES. it's getting us nowhere. That's been my stance this entire time. Be mad at each other, get it off your chests, say shitty things to each other, validate your stances, and then eventually move on.

As I said, I have tried to ignore this situation hoping it would die down, and I can no longer do that. I've got much appreciation and respect for a lot of people in this community for any number of reasons. The only people involved that I have ever taken issue with are Suade for obvious reasons, and McButtz for his stolen valor bullshit.

That doesn't mean I want all of you guys koombayahing it up around a campfire, because I don't ever expect that to happen, and that's fine. Getting shit on the way all involved have is something you just can't instantly forgive, because it's gone far past SOCOM shit talking. We all know this. What I do want is for all of you to just move on. Stop talking to each other, about each other, and just have fun playing SOCOM again. Have fun talking about shit here. Food, beer, games, sports, SOCOM, whatever. I want to be able to promote the Fun Nights games, Tawok's games, and whoever else's games on the forums like we were doing at TRS, whether they get streamed or not, and reboot that grassroots movement that started up earlier in the year.

It's time to put this shit to bed fellas. EVERYONE. That doesn't mean admitting defeat. It just means admitting this has become nothing but a war of attrition.

Another thing: we all know why TRS went read only. It was because of the drama. That drama was a byproduct of the reasons Luke and Animal provided. No SOCOM to talk about for a while now fueled the fire for the drama. No bones about it. There shouldn't be a need for Luke and Animal to openly say, yeah, we closed down discussions because of the drama. It's common sense. The majority of posts lately were about drama of some sort. I'm not saying I didn't do my part to contribute, but it is what it is. If preserving SOCOM history is truly Luke's intention, which I believe it is, then all of that nonsense would do nothing but make that difficult. I'm not a fan of how they went about doing it, but I have no beef with them. There's nothing we can do about it now, so there's no reason to keep being pissed about it.

Again, just my 2 cents. Each person has their own opinion about things, and I respect that...

there has been drama on trs since day one.  so that excuse does not fly with me.  the reason they closed it down is because luke and a few others changed their stances.  luke is cool with redline, luke is cool with sofs, luke does not want people speaking the truth about them anymore.  apparently luke likes taking it in the ass by people like redline.  who knew?

Can't argue that Slick. There has been drama on every SOCOM forum since day 1 and I remember that well. But there has also been SOCOM to talk about as well.

I'm just saying from where I see things more or less whatever the reason TRS-wise, there's nothing we can do about it now. I think it's a combination of historical preservation, no SOCOM to talk about, and drama. There are definitely more reasons than specifically verbatim what Luke and Animal mentioned, but in the end, the deed has been done. My only gripe was how it was done, but even that is a meh issue with me now.
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:46 am
Tactical Junglist wrote:
S_L_I_C_K wrote:
Tactical Junglist wrote:Since people are throwing away e-money right now, here's my two cents, LOL.

If you guys don't want to be friends, that is fine with me.  I would never want to force you guys to be friends, nor would I speak for you in that regard. We're all our own persons. I just want the mudslinging to stop, FROM ALL SIDES. it's getting us nowhere. That's been my stance this entire time. Be mad at each other, get it off your chests, say shitty things to each other, validate your stances, and then eventually move on.

As I said, I have tried to ignore this situation hoping it would die down, and I can no longer do that. I've got much appreciation and respect for a lot of people in this community for any number of reasons. The only people involved that I have ever taken issue with are Suade for obvious reasons, and McButtz for his stolen valor bullshit.

That doesn't mean I want all of you guys koombayahing it up around a campfire, because I don't ever expect that to happen, and that's fine. Getting shit on the way all involved have is something you just can't instantly forgive, because it's gone far past SOCOM shit talking. We all know this. What I do want is for all of you to just move on. Stop talking to each other, about each other, and just have fun playing SOCOM again. Have fun talking about shit here. Food, beer, games, sports, SOCOM, whatever. I want to be able to promote the Fun Nights games, Tawok's games, and whoever else's games on the forums like we were doing at TRS, whether they get streamed or not, and reboot that grassroots movement that started up earlier in the year.

It's time to put this shit to bed fellas. EVERYONE. That doesn't mean admitting defeat. It just means admitting this has become nothing but a war of attrition.

Another thing: we all know why TRS went read only. It was because of the drama. That drama was a byproduct of the reasons Luke and Animal provided. No SOCOM to talk about for a while now fueled the fire for the drama. No bones about it. There shouldn't be a need for Luke and Animal to openly say, yeah, we closed down discussions because of the drama. It's common sense. The majority of posts lately were about drama of some sort. I'm not saying I didn't do my part to contribute, but it is what it is. If preserving SOCOM history is truly Luke's intention, which I believe it is, then all of that nonsense would do nothing but make that difficult. I'm not a fan of how they went about doing it, but I have no beef with them. There's nothing we can do about it now, so there's no reason to keep being pissed about it.

Again, just my 2 cents. Each person has their own opinion about things, and I respect that...

there has been drama on trs since day one.  so that excuse does not fly with me.  the reason they closed it down is because luke and a few others changed their stances.  luke is cool with redline, luke is cool with sofs, luke does not want people speaking the truth about them anymore.  apparently luke likes taking it in the ass by people like redline.  who knew?

Can't argue that Slick. There has been drama on every SOCOM forum since day 1 and I remember that well. But there has also been SOCOM to talk about as well.

I'm just saying from where I see things more or less whatever the reason TRS-wise, there's nothing we can do about it now. I think it's a combination of historical preservation, no SOCOM to talk about, and drama. There are definitely more reasons than specifically verbatim what Luke and Animal mentioned, but in the end, the deed has been done. My only gripe was how it was done, but even that is a meh issue with me now.
oh dont get me wrong, i dont care if trs is gone or not, in fact i said they should just delete whatever is left and forget it ever happened just like socom.com. makes no difference to me. the only thing that pisses me off is the whole "fuck you guys that stuck around and supported my site for years" attitude spineless ass luke took.
Tactical Junglist
Tactical Junglist
REAVER
REAVER

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:04 pm
1UP wrote:
Swill wrote:
dizee wrote:

No, you bring him Tawok up here because you want to take a spin on the ice for being the peacemaker for "patching" things up. All you have done, is gotten a bunch of people who hate each other to sit down for a dinner where they talk about the weather for 60 minutes. They all still hate each other and as soon as temps get right again, another shit tornado meltdown will occur.  I have told you since August that I am not interested in doing that sort of thing. I have no interest in being involved in that environment.

Hexum's video is relevant to this thread, as evident by people who have seen it and posted here, people who are now in Tawok's discord and patching things up as you said. This isnt a tinfoil conspiracy, this is something that 100% proves what TRS was saying is phony. You havent seen it and you never will because he refuses to put it back up and theres a reason for that.

Yada yada yada. My point still stands. You're an immature child who wants to hold grudges for an eternity because you don't have the balls or the sensibility to act like an adult, grow the fuck up, and move on from the past. You can try to speak for the people who joined Tawok's channel, but the evidence is in action. They joined. They're at least mildly interested in seeing things improve. Myself, 1UP, Evo, Paul, Jungle, we've been having cordial, normal conversations with Tawok and Co. all day in the Discord over there, so you can say what you want to keep deluding yourself.

As for the rest, again, posting about Hexum's video doesn't add anything worthwhile or significant. We all already know why TRS was shut down. Seeing or not seeing Hexum's video doesn't change anything. You wanted to post about it so you can continue to act like a brat, throw shade at people, and continue the drama you so desperately need to continue. Again, you're part of the problem and you no longer have any room to claim you're a victim, because if you wanted to be part of the solution and help things move forward in a positive way, you could. Yet, you refuse to.

Please do not speak for me. I have yet to have a meaningful conversation with Tawok and as of this morning he killed any attempt of that happening.

It's rather funny how you get on him for speaking for people but here you are doing the same fucking thing and you have no idea what my thoughts are on the situation.

@1UP, Tawok let me know that the reason you got bumped from Discord is because he made some changes to his channel. You need a phone verified account now.

And I quote from him:

"I had a troll use the idiscord command on my stream last night to jump in here and post some foul shit. According to the Discord Admins, using the phone verification requirement is the best way to nip that in the bud.

I can post a moderation log screenshot later to substantiate my claim."
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:49 pm
For someone who claims they are above the drama or things that could be perceived as much, you sure do seem to engage in it a lot swill. Why not just ignore it?
Swill
Swill
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:26 pm
dizee wrote:For someone who claims they are above the drama or things that could be perceived as much, you sure do seem to engage in it a lot swill. Why not just ignore it?

Trying to talk sense into people by having conversations with them isn't the same as calling people SJW's, faggots, and pussies and continuously digging up old shit from the past in order to keep the drama fueled up.

You can deflect all you want, but the points I made in regards to Hexum's video still stands and you haven't refuted them. You took a phrase that he said and completely misinterpreted it to fit the biased narrative you want to hear in your own head, classic conspiracy theory tin foil ridiculousness.

At the end of the day, the fact is that there are people on both sides actively working to end the drama and move things forward in a positive direction. You're one of the very few minority left who want to dig the trench and keep fighting the pointless fight, and pretty soon you'll be left all by yourself or with the last few clowns who aren't mature enough to grow the fuck and move on. Enjoy it.
Buchanans
Buchanans
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:35 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
My half cent....
The drama needs to be more interesting and ridiculous if it's going to continue. I think it has gotten stale and boring at this point and would rather conversations be about something else less bland. Somebody will do something dumb in the future worth ridiculing.
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:41 pm
Swill wrote:
dizee wrote:For someone who claims they are above the drama or things that could be perceived as much, you sure do seem to engage in it a lot swill. Why not just ignore it?

Trying to talk sense into people by having conversations with them isn't the same as calling people SJW's, faggots, and pussies and continuously digging up old shit from the past in order to keep the drama fueled up.

You can deflect all you want, but the points I made in regards to Hexum's video still stands and you haven't refuted them. You took a phrase that he said and completely misinterpreted it to fit the biased narrative you want to hear in your own head, classic conspiracy theory tin foil ridiculousness.

At the end of the day, the fact is that there are people on both sides actively working to end the drama and move things forward in a positive direction. You're one of the very few minority left who want to dig the trench and keep fighting the pointless fight, and pretty soon you'll be left all by yourself or with the last few clowns who aren't mature enough to grow the fuck and move on. Enjoy it.

Why would I bother trying to refute them with you? You love having debates with people, we all know this. We already talked on Discord about it and that was that. You have made up your mind on the matter, as have I and thats that. The discussion is over, you feel differently than I do. All refuting on these forums will do is create more "drama" that you dont want on public forums. Again, you love to say your above the drama, by saying things like "well you havent refuted it, why not?" just begs for more "drama" to occur.

That is great that there are people on both sides willing to move past any prior issues. I hope it works out, but again, just because I dont want to go in Tawok's discord and pretend like everything is just dandy doesnt mean I am against moving past issues. Tawok reached out to me on Twitter, I politely declined and wished him luck. Again, I have no problem playing with him on Xlink, I just dont wanna be in a discord or on the same team as him. The whole "outcast" scenario that you keep blabbering on about is irrelevant to me. I am perfectly happy and content with the position I am taking. If it works out like I know it will, Im good. If it blows up in my face, Im good. I am fine with it either way so I will enjoy it, thanks.
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:42 pm
Buchanans wrote:My half cent....
The drama needs to be more interesting and ridiculous if it's going to continue. I think it has gotten stale and boring at this point and would rather conversations be about something else less bland. Somebody will do something dumb in the future worth ridiculing.

Agree with this 100%.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum