TRS Forums "read only mode"

Page 6 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next

Go down

Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Post by S_L_I_C_K on Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:50 pm

@dizee wrote:
LUKENBACHER wrote:
Some points to consider, although I know they won't make sense to everyone....


Read only and shutting the place down are two completely different things. One wipes out our SOCOM history, prevents any dev or publisher from finding articles and forum discussions, and it would mean that probably the 3rd most active SOCOM-related website in history would no longer exist. Read only preserves all of that and keeps us poised for a new SOCOM when it happens. 

If we would have extended a one week notice, that week would have been spent brainstorming ways to replace the staff, convince us to overturn the decision, or just outright protests and hissy fits. There might have been a few goodbye posts eventually, but read only is also not a "goodbye". It's a vacation that this community could use, including our staff.

The last couple of years have not been very productive all the way around with the exception of patch efforts and eSEALs. Both of which can still continue to provide updates and new content at TRS. Everything else has been drama that has slowly been leading to bigger divides within our community and a loss of longtime members. The more comfortable 10-20 of you got and the lower your standards became, the more people started to leave. There are tons of places to have your own grown man playground.

What do we have to look forward to right now and to discuss? Watching what happens with H-Hour? Waiting to see if Redline can hold it together? I have a good idea of what the next 6 months of posting would look like at TRS. 

For me personally, the last two years has been painful to watch. We used to be missionaries for SOCOM. Creating content for interest and engagement, making sure SOCOM's name stayed relevant in the industry, and reminding Sony that they can't forget about us. Our staff would do something and the community would rally in an epic way behind it. But as the TRS staff produced less content, the community declined as well. Do you know how long I have waited for more groups like us to form? Every time someone stepped up with a new stream, a new YT channel, and a CM Night or posted a SOCOM article, I would think that the fire was catching on. But before long, it would go to shit, create a bunch of drama, and just not be received well. 
A large chunk of longtime posters have gone from a missionary mindset to a fortress mindset. 

Don't go out there and preach. Stay here and defend. Defend against any potential bs projects wanting our money and support. Defend against any dumb streamers who don't do things as well as some predecessors so attack everything about them. Defend against differing opinions because god forbid a Confrontation fan is heard by Sony over an S2 fan. So there's two CM night groups now? Let's just compete with one another and tear each other down and play it off as each other's fault. The community went from being excited about finding a new fan or a new reason to be involved with something, to providing tight security so any fan with a different viewpoint or from a different camp can't get in the club. If if they do get in somehow, make them so miserable that they will soon leave or give up.

Bottom line, years of this completely drained my passion. I feel like we went from trying to spread fires around the world, to TRS being the only campfire... and a lot of people started pissing on the flames out of boredom. I understand we had some shitty stuff happen to our community, but I also think we never recovered from it. Not in numbers per say, but in spirit for really growing our community.

Sorry the TRS staff finally halted it. You can hate us all you want, but I think over time a read only measure will be much more favorable than shutting the place down. And for every person out there upset that we didn't devote 30 hours a week again to revamping TRS, mad that we got tired of babysitting grown men who could no longer get along with each other, or felt the need to shit on and defend anything and everything that tried to make a move out there, you might want to consider doing some things on your own now. I've been waiting years for you to do it. To HELP US grow the scene after the Zipper shut down, instead of expecting 6+ year long volunteers to bleed just a little longer for your amusement. You guys didn't really want to do shit for SOCOM the last 18 months. Why are you upset now? I am also not surprised to see some of the same members try to now shit all over the staff. Conspiracy theories in less than 24 hours and I don't have one message from anyone asking a question to find out more info except two people. (Smokey and Mr. Blue) Interesting.

I really hope this frustrates some of you to the point where another forum is created. To the point where another staff is created to continue the type of efforts wepoured out our hearts for all these years. It's pretty depressing to spend so much time and energy to generate momentum, for some of the community to stop taking it seriously or to simply take it for granted. To no longer care about our reputation as a community or to value how important every active fan is regardless of the viewpoints. 

The best part of the SOCOM and TRS community left a long time ago for all sorts of reasons, and even a top-notch advertising idea from a professional won't save them. Only a new SOCOM will, and even then, part of our community has moved on for good. Some might try to argue that the current staff is out of touch with their community. I challenge that notion by pointing out that we lead the charge when our numbers were still strong and in the thick of dealing with studios, publishers, and media. We were quite in touch back then. But as that deteriorated to one or two very small hive minds, we've all of sudden lost touch? I think it might be the other way around....

Be productive during this little vacation and build something to be proud of.
You say the sites staff was being stressed. Maybe it was, I dont know all the details. But lets be perfectly honest, the only staff member making a VISIBLE presence on a day to day basis was Animal. I dont think I ever interacted with any of the other admins or staff outside of you once or twice in my entire time spent on TRS. Dont you think that is a problem?  Also, dont you think a response like this would be better on the website itself?
it would but he would have to type it all up, send it to animal and wait a few months for animal to post it...
avatar
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Join date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:59 pm

Just because your level of involvement at TRS only crossed paths with Animal doesn't mean "work" wasn't being completed, planned, or talked about behind the scenes by the rest of the staff. So my answer to your first question would be no. Animal was chosen to be the front of the house and he did just that. I couldn't be involved publicly up until recently due to working for a gaming studio. The rest of the staff can speak for themselves if they want.

To your second question, again no. Just because the staff has chosen to take a break from posting at TRS, doesn't mean we want the community to stop talking about SOCOM. So why not grease some tracks here? 

If my previous post was a bit too long, let me try a shorter version. Our community is a little sick right now and needs to get better. Our staff believes only a new SOCOM can really do the trick. So instead of incasing the community's sickness in the form of forum posts and letting a once highly regarded tool degrade into the current mindset, it's vacation time. If you guys want to reboot somewhere else, I personally encourage it.

There might be people out there envious of TRS, but as far as I know, the TRS staff isn't envious of anyone else. I sincerely hope people step up. And when TRS comes back, I am confident the content and campaigns we create will be well beyond website loyalty or a preferred forum. That stuff really doesn't matter to me. The most important thing is that SOCOM lives on, and that's why TRS's history is still viewable, intact, unpurged, and unedited.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Post by MACK IS GOD on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:08 pm

LUKENBACHER wrote: and that's why TRS's history is still viewable, intact, unpurged, and unedited.

Or held hostage. Depending on your point of view. Members posts can no longer be deleted by them so if anyone wanted to remove any of their content, they cant. Not saying I have any desire to remove any of my posts, Im sure many would actually welcome that, but if somebody feels they were told FUCK YOU by the way the site was shut down and wanted to remove some or all of their content, they arent able to do it.
avatar
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Join date : 2017-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Post by 1UP on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:23 pm

LUKENBACHER wrote:Just because your level of involvement at TRS only crossed paths with Animal doesn't mean "work" wasn't being completed, planned, or talked about behind the scenes by the rest of the staff. So my answer to your first question would be no. Animal was chosen to be the front of the house and he did just that. I couldn't be involved publicly up until recently due to working for a gaming studio. The rest of the staff can speak for themselves if they want.

To your second question, again no. Just because the staff has chosen to take a break from posting at TRS, doesn't mean we want the community to stop talking about SOCOM. So why not grease some tracks here? 

If my previous post was a bit too long, let me try a shorter version. Our community is a little sick right now and needs to get better. Our staff believes only a new SOCOM can really do the trick. So instead of incasing the community's sickness in the form of forum posts and letting a once highly regarded tool degrade into the current mindset, it's vacation time. If you guys want to reboot somewhere else, I personally encourage it.

There might be people out there envious of TRS, but as far as I know, the TRS staff isn't envious of anyone else. I sincerely hope people step up. And when TRS comes back, I am confident the content and campaigns we create will be well beyond website loyalty or a preferred forum. That stuff really doesn't matter to me. The most important thing is that SOCOM lives on, and that's why TRS's history is still viewable, intact, unpurged, and unedited.

Little ironic that you couldn't do this on your site rather go to another. That would have taken a little courtesy to the members who were there to do that though right? Instead you go to a site that isn't very well known to "lay it all out". Pretty sad to be honest.
I don't think anyone is envious of a website that has a track record of not being able to manage itself that well.


You can say shit was going on "behind the scenes" till you are blue in the face but nothing was said and nothing was shown at all. With that said, none of what you are saying about that holds any relevance.
If another socom game were to come out, what really makes you think anyone would come back after pulling this shit?


Last edited by 1UP on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
1UP
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Join date : 2017-10-25

https://1upsdevelopment.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Post by dizee on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:25 pm

LUKENBACHER wrote:Just because your level of involvement at TRS only crossed paths with Animal doesn't mean "work" wasn't being completed, planned, or talked about behind the scenes by the rest of the staff. So my answer to your first question would be no. Animal was chosen to be the front of the house and he did just that. I couldn't be involved publicly up until recently due to working for a gaming studio. The rest of the staff can speak for themselves if they want.

To your second question, again no. Just because the staff has chosen to take a break from posting at TRS, doesn't mean we want the community to stop talking about SOCOM. So why not grease some tracks here? 

If my previous post was a bit too long, let me try a shorter version. Our community is a little sick right now and needs to get better. Our staff believes only a new SOCOM can really do the trick. So instead of incasing the community's sickness in the form of forum posts and letting a once highly regarded tool degrade into the current mindset, it's vacation time. If you guys want to reboot somewhere else, I personally encourage it.

There might be people out there envious of TRS, but as far as I know, the TRS staff isn't envious of anyone else. I sincerely hope people step up. And when TRS comes back, I am confident the content and campaigns we create will be well beyond website loyalty or a preferred forum. That stuff really doesn't matter to me. The most important thing is that SOCOM lives on, and that's why TRS's history is still viewable, intact, unpurged, and unedited.
Doesnt really matter what is going on behind the scenes, the visible perception by almost everyone on the website that I have spoken to and thus reality of the situation is that Animal was the only one making a day to day presence on the site. This is the way I and many others perceived it. 

  Its not even about jumping on xlink and playing or making socom content, I literally saw none of you ever post ANYTHING in 2 plus years I posted. You telling me that the green names on the site would be working behind the scenes but couldnt be bothered to post in a single thread in the 2 plus years I was there? I find that incredibly hard to believe. I couldnt tell you a single thing about any of those people and yet you want us to PM them or you to find out more about why they closed shop? Sure the hardcore TRSer's will, because they have history there. But for people like me, yeah thats not going to happen because I dont know anything about 95% of the staff because they never engaged with the community. Like I said, ownership of the website became out of touch with the core userbase which is very ironic since its the same method that actually killed the franchise with S4.
avatar
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Join date : 2017-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Post by S_L_I_C_K on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:29 pm

@1UP wrote:
LUKENBACHER wrote:Just because your level of involvement at TRS only crossed paths with Animal doesn't mean "work" wasn't being completed, planned, or talked about behind the scenes by the rest of the staff. So my answer to your first question would be no. Animal was chosen to be the front of the house and he did just that. I couldn't be involved publicly up until recently due to working for a gaming studio. The rest of the staff can speak for themselves if they want.

To your second question, again no. Just because the staff has chosen to take a break from posting at TRS, doesn't mean we want the community to stop talking about SOCOM. So why not grease some tracks here? 

If my previous post was a bit too long, let me try a shorter version. Our community is a little sick right now and needs to get better. Our staff believes only a new SOCOM can really do the trick. So instead of incasing the community's sickness in the form of forum posts and letting a once highly regarded tool degrade into the current mindset, it's vacation time. If you guys want to reboot somewhere else, I personally encourage it.

There might be people out there envious of TRS, but as far as I know, the TRS staff isn't envious of anyone else. I sincerely hope people step up. And when TRS comes back, I am confident the content and campaigns we create will be well beyond website loyalty or a preferred forum. That stuff really doesn't matter to me. The most important thing is that SOCOM lives on, and that's why TRS's history is still viewable, intact, unpurged, and unedited.

Little ironic that you couldn't do this on your site rather go to another. That would have taken a little courtesy to the members who were there to do that though right? Instead you go to a site that isn't very well known to "lay it all out". Pretty sad to be honest.
I don't think anyone is envious of a website that has a track record of not being able to manage itself that well.


You can say shit was going on "behind the scenes" till you are blue in the face but nothing was said and nothing was shown at all. With that said, none of what you are saying about that holds any relevance.
If another socom game were to come out, what really makes you think anyone would come back after pulling this shit?
nobody will return, everyone will have found a new home and deleted trs from their favorites list, it will be forgotten rather quickly.   you cant spend years building something like that and then just put it on pause and expect people to return.
avatar
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Join date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:36 pm

@xCaZx wrote:Why would anyone message you luke? You have been a ghost for several years now. Literally, non-existent..but we're supposed to message you for answers?

It seems you came back for one reason only and that was to shut the place down. 

You also seem to be woefully out of touch with whats happening with various Socom related projects and the communities stance to most of them. You seem to think people just became defensive overnight and have no valid reason for being skeptical about every tom, dick and harry who shows up asking for donations for their project. 

Clearly you guys have zero respect for the people who still frequented TRS.

For being a ghost for that short two years, I sure continued to receive messages and PMs that I continued to answer. You are right in the general viewpoint was that I was gone, but the longtime core still reached out all the time.

You can believe that's why I came back all you want. And if it makes you feel better to think that, I can handle it. If you go back though, you will see I spent a lot of time trying to get some core members to drop some grudges and get along better. If my only goal in coming back was to shut it down, I assure you things would have panned out a bit differently. 

Can you please provide examples of me being out of touch? I am beginning to think that just because I disagree with some of your mentalities that I am being labeled out of touch. What if I absolutely understand them and do not approve of it? 

eSEALs? You mean the movement that was questioned why it even need to exist when it was first announced? Didn't someone yesterday blast the TRS staff for even doing a partnership with them in the first place because no one wanted it? ("We could have had a army of no name streamers offering streams 8 hours a day instead!" - which meant a TRS staff member would need to change out channels every 1-2 hours, everyday all day.) 

The patches for XLINK that maybe 30 people use at the moment that hardly anyone was promoting? And lately I've seen some XLINK peeps tell people not to even worry about the patch for CM nights at times? And the threads with some traffic are long-winded tech support questions? TRS was heavily promoting both projects and met all kinds of resistance and a lack of enthusiasm from the community. But some of you act like it was this glorious thing that the community was rallying behind and we just killed it. Do we even need to bring up SOCOM: INS or H-Hour? We all know how those discussions go. Not exactly a SOCOM fan show piece of posts that we would love Sony to see.

For every argument you can make that claims the TRS staff have zero respect, the same could said about some of our core regarding the reputation of the website and it's decline. I think it's everyone's fault. The staff became less involved, the community dwindled down in numbers, and the community stopped caring about what they wrote and how it would be viewed by outsiders. 

But if you still feel adamant in your viewpoints, feel free to build another TRS and do it the right way. I'll support it if it is something I would be proud to point devs or journalists to as a resource.

Until then, the TRS staff are taking an official break. We are very appreciative of the community for this awesome journey we have had together and it doesn't have to pause on a sour note. But I can understand why people are upset. There was still some good there and a lot of lurkers that have been effected. But when it comes to the bigger picture, it would be nice to preserve TRS while it still has a chance to be taken seriously later by the industry as a whole.

Good luck guys.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Post by 1UP on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:45 pm

LUKENBACHER wrote:
@xCaZx wrote:Why would anyone message you luke? You have been a ghost for several years now. Literally, non-existent..but we're supposed to message you for answers?

It seems you came back for one reason only and that was to shut the place down. 

You also seem to be woefully out of touch with whats happening with various Socom related projects and the communities stance to most of them. You seem to think people just became defensive overnight and have no valid reason for being skeptical about every tom, dick and harry who shows up asking for donations for their project. 

Clearly you guys have zero respect for the people who still frequented TRS.


The patches for XLINK that maybe 30 people use at the moment that hardly anyone was promoting? And lately I've seen some XLINK peeps tell people not to even worry about the patch for CM nights at times? And the threads with some traffic are long-winded tech support questions? TRS was heavily promoting both projects and met all kinds of resistance and a lack of enthusiasm from the community. But some of you act like it was this glorious thing that the community was rallying behind and we just killed it. Do we even need to bring up SOCOM: INS or H-Hour? We all know how those discussions go. Not exactly a SOCOM fan show piece of posts that we would love Sony to see.

That would be the whole, you are out of touch with what is going on thing that people are bringing up.
Anything that can extend the game is a good thing. This includes the guides that were posted and the "Tech support threads"  because by god people need help to play a game that the site is about right?   Resistance is going to happen no matter what. However as features are added and the benefits to whatever that project were become apparent you will see higher adoption. The amount of people on harry's patch is far more than the 30 you are claiming.

If you are waiting for Sony to make a new socom then you are delusional. They could really give zero fucks about the franchise and TRS. The real use for that forum was for people to get information on how to play what we currently have and get support on the things that are available. You killed that. You can claim xyz but at the end of the day you killed it.


You can say the staff are taking a break, but that's all you guys were doing to begin with.


Last edited by 1UP on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
1UP
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Join date : 2017-10-25

https://1upsdevelopment.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum