SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Anyone fans of the Walking Dead

+5
MACK IS GOD
xCaZx
SocomDitch
S_L_I_C_K
Admin
9 posters
Go down
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Anyone fans of the Walking Dead - Page 4 Empty Re: Anyone fans of the Walking Dead

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:01 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
UnSeenDeath88 wrote:Yep, still watching it the obvious waste of ammo and infinite magazine capacity hacks though really breaks the immersion for me, or the fact that last night in the new episode rick was shooting a fucking 9 or 45 pistol like it was his fucking magnum revolver, while Daryl was shooting his Judge or whatever that his like it was a fucking low caliber pistol.  They really need to get somebody on that knows something about guns, these things are just getting more and more obvious as the series continues.

The writing is absolutely retarded. 

Take the scene after Rick and Darryl's ridiculous hallway gun fight. They are standing outside getting ready to leave. Then out of nowhere, some random Savior that is left over takes a pot shot at Rick from behind a tree.

Why?

What was the point of that?

He hadnt been noticed by either of them, has a chance to line up a shot, completely misses, then stays hidden behind the tree until Rick talks him out. If he hadnt been noticed and they were leaving anyway, and he was just going to give up and put his gun down if they noticed him, why the fuck would anyone in their right mind take that shot and expose themselves?

Its lazy, careless writing and should be completely unacceptable for any show that takes itself as seriously as this trainwreck does. Whoever wrote that at no point thought about the logical motivation of the character.

If I had to guess, I would say the writing staff of that show is dominated by women. There seems to be a complete and total disconnect with reality as far as what life would actually be like in that scenario and no basis in reality for any of the relationships or motivations of the characters. They meander through pointless and absurd "conflict" as this diverse, utopian group of gay men, lesbians, and "gurl power" female heroines Maggie and Carol who are ridiculously OP and have such plot armor that its impossible to even try to have any real fear of anything happening to them.

Every scenario plays out as if its written by a teenage girl.
UnSeenDeath88
UnSeenDeath88
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Anyone fans of the Walking Dead - Page 4 Empty Re: Anyone fans of the Walking Dead

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:49 pm
MACK IS GOD wrote:
UnSeenDeath88 wrote:Yep, still watching it the obvious waste of ammo and infinite magazine capacity hacks though really breaks the immersion for me, or the fact that last night in the new episode rick was shooting a fucking 9 or 45 pistol like it was his fucking magnum revolver, while Daryl was shooting his Judge or whatever that his like it was a fucking low caliber pistol.  They really need to get somebody on that knows something about guns, these things are just getting more and more obvious as the series continues.

Take the scene after Rick and Darryl's ridiculous hallway gun fight. They are standing outside getting ready to leave. Then out of nowhere, some random Savior that is left over takes a pot shot at Rick from behind a tree.

Why?

He hadnt been noticed by either of them, has a chance to line up a shot, completely misses, then stays hidden behind the tree until Rick talks him out. If he hadnt been noticed and they were leaving anyway, and he was just going to give up and put his gun down if they noticed him, why the fuck would anyone in their right mind take that shot and expose themselves?

Its lazy, careless writing and should be completely unacceptable for any show that takes itself as seriously as this trainwreck does. Whoever wrote that at no point thought about the logical motivation of the character.

If I had to guess, I would say the writing staff of that show is dominated by women. There seems to be a complete and total disconnect with reality as far as what life would actually be like in that scenario and no basis in reality for any of the relationships or motivations of the characters. They meander through pointless and absurd "conflict" as this diverse, utopian group of gay men, lesbians, and "gurl power" female heroines Maggie and Carol who are ridiculously OP and have such plot armor that its impossible to even try to have any real fear of anything happening to them.

As far as the Kingdom and other "eccentric" characters go that stuff works in comics but doesn't in my opinion transfer over well to TV.  And as far as I've noticed their only been 2 gay couples and now the one chick is single been like that for awhile now, and the dude is single.  I'm seriously about ready to start watching GOT but the amount of binge watching I'd have to do at this point is crazy. 

This production has made so much money it's insane how bad the writing has gotten, they literally just have to follow the comics, maybe change a few things up here and there to make it better for tv and live action.  I know there is at least one woman on the production team because she would go onto the talking dead occasionally.  I haven't watched that in a couple seasons now, so idk what they say is happening there.  I hope I can stay engaged long enough to see what the hell the Fear TWD and TWD crossover is going to be, if everybody's guess is right that Fear is going to be the whisperers.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:35 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
UnSeenDeath88 wrote:
MACK IS GOD wrote:

Why?

As far as the Kingdom and other "eccentric" characters go that stuff works in comics but doesn't in my opinion transfer over well to TV.  And as far as I've noticed their only been 2 gay couples and now the one chick is single been like that for awhile now, and the dude is single.  I'm seriously about ready to start watching GOT but the amount of binge watching I'd have to do at this point is crazy. 

This production has made so much money it's insane how bad the writing has gotten, they literally just have to follow the comics, maybe change a few things up here and there to make it better for tv and live action.  I know there is at least one woman on the production team because she would go onto the talking dead occasionally.  I haven't watched that in a couple seasons now, so idk what they say is happening there.  I hope I can stay engaged long enough to see what the hell the Fear TWD and TWD crossover is going to be, if everybody's guess is right that Fear is going to be the whisperers.

There isnt ONE traditional relationship depicted in the show. Glenn and Maggie, Abraham and whatever that black chicks name was, the blonde teenage girl and her "friend" who she escaped the hospital with and was then shot in the head, and the biggest of all, Rick, who is a literal Cuck who is raising his wifes kid from some other dude who fucked her, and is now banging literally the ugliest woman Ive ever seen.

The only 2 traditional relationships presented were Carol and her first husband, and the white lady Rick was sweet on at the little walled off utopia they found in the season where Carl lost his eye at the end. In each case the white husbands were portrayed as abusive sociopaths and both were murdered in cold blood for it.

It would be easier to overlook the blatant pandering if the show had any quality, but because its such shit, the agenda is even more in your face because the show itself is so bad on its own merit.

Its social programming. Pure and simple. It like learning how to read. Once you learn how to read, its impossible to look at words and not read them. Its the same thing when you finally see through the agenda being pushed into almost every form of media you consume, you realize how prevalent and unrelenting it is.
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:52 am
the main reason this show is so bad now is because it got mainstream appeal. its pretty similar to gaming.

all games do the same bullshit and have little risks in them because they cost so much to make and they want to pander to the casuals because thats where the big bucks are. well this show takes very little risks (in that they barely ever kill a person of importance on the show, MAYBE one big character a season) because they want to pander to the casuals. sadly a large majority of the people who watch this show now are women because its become a glorified soap opera. thats why you see so much screen time for darryl now. hes not a comic character at all and he could/should be killed off by now, but AMC knows if they kill him off, women across the US will boycott the show.

I understand Rick and Carl having plot armor because of the comics and such, that makes sense (although I hate carl's actor and i would have killed him off seasons ago personally). they are the main guys of the show and thats fine. what doesnt make sense is how everyone else always has fucking plot armor. every main char fucking does and its beyond old. their writers are so fucking bad that they feel the need to turn everyone into a superhero instead of having proper story arcs and introducing new people once others are killed off. and its made worse by the filler episode bullshit where they just throw a bunch of bullshit at the audience for 4 or 5 weeks straight.
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:17 am
Another lackluster episode full of plot armor

***SPOILERS***

Spoiler:

Overall not a god awful episode but pretty much more of the same.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:10 am
I haven't watched it yet.. I recorded it and will today since I am off,, and I didn't read any comments..LOL
xCaZx
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:23 pm
I am beyond disappointed in this season. Their going full try hard with the action and that simply isn't what the show is good at. The acting during the action scenes is cheesy as hell.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:20 pm
Ok. This show has reached levels of absolute absurdity that I didnt think were possible.

I'll start from the beginning of the episode.

>More of the ridiculous LARPing of Kang Zeke and his cringe fest speeches.
>10 minutes of him sliding around on his ass away from zombies until hes saved with a quick cut from off camera by someone.
>He couldnt even stand up before, but now is walking pretty much fine with the guy who saved him.
>That guy is killed by a quick cut from off camera by Jim Carrey
>20 minutes of Jim Carrey and Kang Zeke walking
>Jim Carrey is about to kill Kang Zeke when he is saved by a quick cut from off camera by a Somoan
>Apparently because Kang Zeke has a bad leg, he cant get over an 8 foot fence, even though there is a giant man who could literally throw him over it standing there.
>Instead he decides, despite having a gun that he could try and shoot the lock with, to chop at the lock on the fence with his wood handled axe
>Saved from quick cut (noticing a pattern here) off camera from the zombies when they all start getting shot

Carol:

>Gets trapped behind a truck by 5 heavily armed, combat aged, large men
>Carol is a 120 lb middle aged woman
>She puts her hands in the air and is approached by one of them
>120 lb woman disarms large male in one movement of slapping at his rifle and then proceeds to overpower him and put a knife to his throat

Rick and Daryl:

>Rick and Daryl are chasing the bad guys down the road
>Bad guys pop the back of the truck open
>Reveal .50 caliber machine gun that you can literally shoot planes out of the air with
>Daryl dumps his bike at 50ish MPH and no helmet without a scratch
>Rick is 20 feet behind bad guy shooting machine gun at him
>bullets bounce off jeep
>Daryl has somehow gotten back on his bike and caught up to Rick
>Shoots bad guy with one hand from motorcycle going 50ish MPH
>Rick jumps from jeep into Hummer going 50ish MPH
>Rick drives off side of a bridge with no seatbelt
>crawls back up hill without any injury

Cut back to Carol, Kang Zeke, and Troy Palomalu:

>Zombies closing in on them
>King Zeke cant walk up 2ft incline in riverbed
>Pet tiger shows up out of nowhere
>Kills a couple zombies
>Now Kang Zeke can climb 2ft for some reason when he couldnt before
>500 lb tiger that literally kills bears in the wild and is the most efficient and brutal killing machine on the planet and could disembowel a man in seconds is overwhelmed by 8 zombies whos only weapons are blunt human teeth

Yea. This show has reached levels of retardation that has never been seen before on television. I didnt even bring up the horrible gun mechanics and special effects because thats a weekly thing and doesnt need to be pointed out.

The entire episode advanced the plot about 30 minutes in the shows universe.

Its hard for me to even put into words how laughably bad this show is. The fact that it has this "cult" following of "superfans" is proof to me that most of the population could and should be sterilized.

Did I miss anything @Dizee?

Last edited by MACK IS GOD on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum