SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Cutting the cord to cable TV

+4
MACK IS GOD
UnSeenDeath88
Buchanans
dizee
8 posters
Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Cutting the cord to cable TV Empty Cutting the cord to cable TV

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:27 pm
Ok, I am seriously considering cutting off my cable and going HD Antennae. There are so many ways to watch TV now that paying 200 a month for cable and internet is crazy..

Anyone cut the cord with cable and what set up or equipment are you using.. Tivo, Sling etc..

I do have a kick ass antennae in my attic just in case my cable goes out and it did work great during the last hurricane. So, that's my start....
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Cutting the cord to cable TV Empty Re: Cutting the cord to cable TV

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:38 pm
Amazon Prime at 12 dollars a month will cover 90% of your channels and shows you watch as well as giving you free shipping.

There is NO reason at this point to pay that amount for cable. 

Anything else that isnt covered by Prime you can torrent.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:40 pm
MACK IS GOD wrote:Amazon Prime at 12 dollars a month will cover 90% of your channels and shows you watch as well as giving you free shipping.

Didn't think about Amazon prime.. Good shit, going to look into it.
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:40 pm
I subscribe to DirecTV Now streaming service for $35 a month. I do this only for sports really and Fox news. I dont like watching my sport teams on shitty boot leg qualty streams. I am grandfathered in to their 3rd tier package and it came with a free Apple TV which I sold. It was a hell of a launch deal last winter.

Outside of the first few months being rocky, it has been smooth sailing since. Works the same as cable/satellite, you just stream it over the internet. 720P/60fps streams. Works with various devices, I mainly use amazon fire tv devices.

Not all local channels are on it in my area yet so I got a simple 15 dollar OTA antenna for my local channels. The value for the money is crazy, like 75+ channels for $35 a month.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:41 pm
PAUL-AWOL- wrote:
MACK IS GOD wrote:Amazon Prime at 12 dollars a month will cover 90% of your channels and shows you watch as well as giving you free shipping.

Didn't think about Amazon prime.. Good shit, going to look into it.

I got it simply because I ordered a ot of shit and wanted to save on shipping.

But they have HBO, Showtime, and a million other networks plus original series that are free to Prime members.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:42 pm
dizee wrote:I subscribe to DirecTV Now streaming service for $35 a month. I do this only for sports really and Fox news. I dont like watching my sport teams on shitty boot leg qualty streams. I am grandfathered in to their 3rd tier package and it came with a free Apple TV which I sold. It was a hell of a launch deal last winter.

Outside of the first few months being rocky, it has been smooth sailing since. Works the same as cable/satellite, you just stream it over the internet. 720P/60fps streams. Works with various devices, I mainly use amazon fire tv devices.

Not all local channels are on it in my area yet so I got a simple 15 dollar OTA antenna for my local channels. The value for the money is crazy, like 75+ channels for $35 a month.

Fuckin shill.......
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:44 pm
Had no idea Amazon prime had all of that. My daughter uses Sling TV but still pays too much for it. I don't think Sling is the way to go..

My Son said something about the Playstation having some kind of TV network package?
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:44 pm
I can get you the black box.

As long as you have a wireless connection, you get every channel on the planet.

Allegedly.....
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum