We are [SF] SOCOM FANS

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads.   Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:53 pm

@dizee wrote:
Well Plierr or anyone else who likes Tawok is more than welcome to come here, nobody is going to give them a hard time. I think most of us think hes a good kid who loves socom who just happens to like Tawoks content. Thats great, I could care less if he likes Tawok. I played with him and Karim last night and it was alot of fun, they blew the fuck out of the other team.

Plierr was booted from our Discord once by Evo and I lobbied for Evo to let him back in.  I told him who cares if hes friends with someone we hate. Same thing goes for Analog who is a good friend of mine. He loves Tawok and all those guys, I dont hold that against him. Hes a standup guy with his own opinions and thats fine.

I understand the whole we dont want people to get caught in the crossfire viewpoint, but people are in the crossfire regardless of it being discussed here or not. People can pretend there arnt sides, there clearly is. And I can only speak from my side in that I know our side wont be giving anyone a hard time on these forums for liking someones content that we dont like. I liked most of Bigfrys content when hes not making begging/whining videos and I never had anyone come at me for liking it.

If its simply a case of you not wanting to make those topics anymore (and that appears to be the case), then I am ok with this. But if topics moving forward made by people like us are going to be censored or deleted, its gonna get sour here.

Yeah like I said it's just my own thing. This is not like a Swill situation where now all of a sudden I'm going to jump into threads wagging my fingers at you guys any time you bring up subjects related to issues with people in the community lol. Doesn't mean my opinions have changed or that I suddenly now disagree with gripes people have here.

See one thing to dizee is I know what you say in regards to people like Plier is true as far as you don't mind who is friends with who. But I mean my thinking is if he or people like him come to this forum and 90% of the discussion on the forum is about the issue with the guys like Tawok where does he fit in here? I mean like if those are what all the active topics are about is he going to want to even participate and post? Now this is the part where it comes back to me. There were three threads or so I posted that created the biggest whirlwinds with lots of views and replies. My threads were a big part if not the biggest part of why the forum has been stuck 90% of the time focused on that issue. So if I remove myself from it that might not end all talk on the subject but maybe cut it down to where there might be room for other topics of discussion to pop up that others here might be interested in posting in to.
Back to top Go down
Swill
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads.   Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:03 am

To be perfectly clear, I don't feel a single iota of pressure in any way shape or form. I couldn't care less what people on either side think of myself, my actions, or the things I say. It's pretty clear at this point that my aim is to try and mend this whole situation by trying my best to bring the two sides together in some form in order to help achieve something that's more important than us all as individuals. Anyone who doesn't like it can tell me to shut the fuck up, ignore me, whatever they want to do. I don't have an issue with it either way.

Lastly, me personally, I don't want to see threads deleted or people's comments being removed. I may not agree with certain threads or comments, but once they're up, I'd rather them stay up then be taken down. If a person has a genuine interest in trying to solve the drama and see the situation become more positive, I simply prefer that people think about what they post before they post it. If it doesn't help things in a positive way, consider what you're posting. However, in the end, do what you want. I have absolutely no right to dictate what people can post or not post, nor would I ever have any interest in having that kind of power.
Back to top Go down
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads.   Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:09 am

@1UP wrote:
@TOMBSTONE4U wrote:
@1UP wrote:

Then that should be listed on this site and not twitter.

The thing is I'm finding that every time I make one of those threads it just ends up being a rehash of the other threads like it. So it kind of becomes like instead of just pointing out issues I'm becoming like the catalyst for just the same trash talk that it devolves into as the thread goes on. I mean like I said you guys can make threads and talk about what you want to and if Paul has no issue with it I sure won't either. I'm just deciding for myself not to be an instigator and egg the shit on which is basically what I am doing if I keep making threads like that. It's not just about Swill and Drum either it's having guys like Plier come over and be a member and then have to just kind of sit there watching people talk shit about guys he gets together to play Socom with. If I'm supposed to be a mod here, sure I might be a very lax one but the least I can do is make sure I myself am not the one posting content to make things awkward for the guys outside the drama who don't want to get mixed up in it or have to listen to it. Like i said I'm not trying to control what you guys do but I'd like to do a better job at least controlling what I do.

You referenced a CoC on twitter but it wasn't on this site is what I am saying.

Oh I know and I'm not even sure if that's active or if that's just part of what he is making for his new site design since it was attached to his "check out the new forum" tweet, maybe having like a more professional rule guideline or something. But I'm just saying like even if this is not something we are currently strictly enforcing I want to at least do a better job of policing myself if I'm supposed to have the title of mod. Like I said I'm not one whose looking to intervene in what you guys discuss but that doesn't mean I should be walking over to the fire and throwing a bunch of giant logs on it either if that makes sense lol.
Back to top Go down
Swill
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads.   Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:13 am

@TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

I'm not one whose looking to intervene in what you guys discuss but that doesn't mean I should be walking over to the fire and throwing a bunch of giant logs on it either if that makes sense lol.

I can respect this stance.
Back to top Go down
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads.   Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:38 am

@Swill wrote:
To be perfectly clear, I don't feel a single iota of pressure in any way shape or form. I couldn't care less what people on either side think of myself, my actions, or the things I say. It's pretty clear at this point that my aim is to try and mend this whole situation by trying my best to bring the two sides together in some form in order to help achieve something that's more important than us all as individuals. Anyone who doesn't like it can tell me to shut the fuck up, ignore me, whatever they want to do. I don't have an issue with it either way.

Lastly, me personally, I don't want to see threads deleted or people's comments being removed. I may not agree with certain threads or comments, but once they're up, I'd rather them stay up then be taken down. If a person has a genuine interest in trying to solve the drama and see the situation become more positive, I simply prefer that people think about what they post before they post it. If it doesn't help things in a positive way, consider what you're posting. However, in the end, do what you want. I have absolutely no right to dictate what people can post or not post, nor would I ever have any interest in having that kind of power.

Swill just shut the fuck up already will ya. I don't care what you want deleted or not deleted. That's why I said it's a personal decision I made. No matter what people say or do you're not going to be happy and your going to come back on with your holier then thou finger wagging pompous ass bullshit but hey, go ahead and just make the case for these guys why taking any steps like I am right now is in fact probably useless, your making a great case for these guys who think regression is the better path lol. I'll still stick to what I said here for guys like Drum who I doubt have Napoleon complex or would be afraid it might make him look weak if he simply admits he doesn't like the situation or being caught in the middle of friends who aren't getting along. Most humans don't like being in that spot.
Back to top Go down
Swill
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads.   Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:53 am

@TOMBSTONE4U wrote:
@Swill wrote:

Swill just shut the fuck up already will ya. I don't care what you want deleted or not deleted. That's why I said it's a personal decision I made. No matter what people say or do you're not going to be happy and your going to come back on with your holier then thou finger wagging pompous ass bullshit but hey, go ahead and just make the case for these guys why taking any steps like I am right now is in fact probably useless, your making a great case for these guys who think regression is the better path lol. I'll still stick to what I said here for guys like Drum who I doubt have Napoleon complex or would be afraid it might make him look weak if he simply admits he doesn't like the situation or being caught in the middle of friends who aren't getting along. Most humans don't like being in that spot.

Yeah, after all these years, I have a pretty clear track record of speaking my mind and being completely upfront with how I feel about things. Any idea that I'm hiding my true feelings because "admitting I don't like the situation or being caught in the middle of friends who aren't getting along makes me look weak" is just non-sense. Yes, I have friends on both sides. Do I feel any kind of pressure or awkwardness because of that? Not at all. Why should I? Why would I feel awkward about that in any way?

As for "holier than thou finger waving pompous ass bullshit", all I did was simply provide my opinion on the matter, which is no different than what 1UP, Dizee, or CaZx has done in this thread. If people don't like my opinion, such as yourself, then so be it lol. Again, I couldn't care less. But that's not going to stop me from expressing it.

Anyways, carry on.
Back to top Go down
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads.   Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:40 am

Terrible decision. I would suggest in the future if you feel in a similar way, simply lock the thread. Deleting posts that people spent their time and energy making on a whim is something that can easily be seen as a breach of trust and could result in people not feeling that its worth their time to make an effort to post if they feel someone can just haphazardly delete a thread when the mood strikes them.

I dont personally appreciate it as I feel a lot of what I posted addressed things attributed to me on Twitter that are still available for consumption, while my on record response to them is now gone. So if anything, you made the situation worse. So now not only do I feel attacked, I have to consider that people within my own circle will neuter what I say in return without my consent.

I will now say with no equivocation, dont EVER delete any post I make without the consent of PAUL ever again (since its his website) or consulting me first. You dont get to decide that shit on a whim.

Furthermore, I was actually at a point where I felt like I had gotten my shit off, and was beginning to see my temper subside. Now that much of my vitriol and venting has been erased, my temper has returned.

I want to make it VERY clear to anyone posting here, while I was given MOD powers, I never asked for them, but I will NEVER delete your content without consensus.
Back to top Go down
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads.   Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:42 am

@MACK IS GOD wrote:
Terrible decision. I would suggest in the future if you feel in a similar way, simply lock the thread. Deleting posts that people spent their time and energy making on a whim is something that can easily be seen as a breach of trust and could result in people not feeling that its worth their time to make an effort to post if they feel someone can just haphazardly delete a thread when the mood strikes them.

I dont personally appreciate it as I feel a lot of what I posted addressed things attributed to me on Twitter that are still available for consumption, while my on record response to them is now gone. So if anything, you made the situation worse. So now not only do I feel attacked, I have to consider that people within my own circle will neuter what I say in return without my consent.

I will now say with no equivocation, dont EVER delete any post I make without the consent of PAUL (since its his website) or consulting me first. You dont get to decide that shit.

Furthermore, I was actually at a point where I felt like I had gotten my shit off, and was beginning to see my temper subside. Now that much of my vitriol and venting has been erased, my temper has returned.

I want to make it VERY clear to anyone posting here, while I was given MOD powers, I never asked for them, but I will NEVER delete your content without consensus.

That's fine I'll be telling Paul today to remove me as a mod. Your way is better where you just edit people's posts and put words in their mouth so he can stick with letting you take care of shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads.   

Back to top Go down

Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SOCOM DISCUSSIONS :: SOCOM U.S. NAVY SEALS-
Jump to: