SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
Tactical Junglist
Tactical Junglist
REAVER
REAVER

What was your golden age of gaming? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your golden age of gaming?

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:41 pm
MACK IS GOD wrote:
Tactical Junglist wrote:IN all honesty, I agree with you. PS1 is when gaming really hit its stride and carried through the 360. I loved that console.

I'd go so far as to say pre-97 with the PS1. You had some great games come out, like Air Combat (would become Ace Combat series) that began telling really immersive, true to life stories, brought sick graphics (for the time) and helped usher in a new period for gaming. PS2 era was by far my favorite. Even outside of SOCOM, you had some stellar games that were well thought out, and GASP! finished!

I just love the nostalgia trip into 80's/early 90's gaming. I have a raspberry pi with every NES/SNES/Genesis/TGX16 game ever made. I love how challenging a lot of those games still are.

Then there is Street Fighter 2. I swear I could have been a pro at that game had I thought about it and entered tourney's. I used to hod down a arcade for hours. I was a beast with Ken and had the Dhalsim corner trap down on lock. I played SF 4 (i think) at Gameworks a few months ago and still held it down.

Yea I said '97 because I think it took a couple years for developers to really figure out how to best use the PS1's capabilities and smooth out the gameplay.

I was also going to mention the Ace Combat series. Absolutely fantastic franchise and I would like to say the control scheme was pretty much perfect and the feedback from each plane was incredible. You could "feel" the difference between each plane. Damn shame they havent made a new one in 2 console generations.

Can you imagine multiplayer online Ace Combat? That shit would be fuckin awesome.

HAWX would have been a great one too. That was an awesome flying game, with again, a great real to life story, great graphics, and different flight mechanics for each game. Plus you could voice command that game I think. Fox one would fire a missile or something. It's been a long time since I played that game.

I miss Ace Combat. Such cool stories...
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum