Share | 

Teamwork and SOCOM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Teamwork and SOCOM   Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Do you remember back in the day, when you pressed select and it didn't tell you who on your team was dead. I really liked that. I think it would be pretty cool if it came back, but was accompanied by not telling you when your teammates die, or even when your team gets a kill. That would put an emphasis on communication.

This isn't really related to the topic, but would't be nice if when you get shot in the stomach your character would then grab his stomach, instead of being a super soldier who continues to fire accurately and moving at top speed. Kind of like the way it started out.

Signing out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork and SOCOM   Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:50 pm

yes, in socom 1 you would drop, then get up hunched over for a min
Back to top Go down
Admin
OPS COM
OPS COM

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork and SOCOM   Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:09 pm

I don't know, I like my video games to be a bit Arcadey like Socom 2 was. It had a feel that I loved the best of all video games I have ever played. Just enough realism to keep you playing, but more on the Arcadey side when it came to game play.
Back to top Go down
http://socomfans.forumotion.net
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork and SOCOM   Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:18 pm

I agree man the feel of Socom 2 just felt right. Graphics didnt matter, the game was sound. But then again if you go back to not knowing who is dead or alive its hard to communicate that with the size of the maps these days. It prevents 2 against 1 camping show downs and I feel it actually enhances tactics by a team allowing them to assess the situation and change their strategy on the fly.
Back to top Go down
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork and SOCOM   Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:19 am

I hear you. I like it either way, although I think it would be a nice UCRR option. More for a 4v4 situation where their isn't to many people to count.

Signing out.
Back to top Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork and SOCOM   Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:57 am

@RaginPhoenix wrote:
I agree man the feel of Socom 2 just felt right. Graphics didnt matter, the game was sound. But then again if you go back to not knowing who is dead or alive its hard to communicate that with the size of the maps these days. It prevents 2 against 1 camping show downs and I feel it actually enhances tactics by a team allowing them to assess the situation and change their strategy on the fly.
I'm all about Map siz myself and I will be reporting back to everyone on how big Socom 4 Maps are.

Back to top Go down
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/
whycreations
JESTER
JESTER

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork and SOCOM   Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:15 am

I like some big maps .. but I do tend to like some of the smaller maps like Frost Fire and Fault ....

Back to top Go down
http://www.theeventshorizon.com/Community/index.php
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork and SOCOM   Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:45 am

Big maps are decent but I believe what made socom successfull was the intense small scrums that happened on the smaller maps. Take fish hook for example, the battles of 2-3 at various entry points are what made that map so special. It really required strategy beyond just running as far as you can and sneaking in. One of the problems I had with Mag is that its hard to be tactical when its just a mosh pit of soldiers everywhere firing. Socom was successfull because it needed teamwork and communication. With 32 vs 32 it will be interesting to see how they emphasize teamwork and I hope the maps arent ridiculous as some were on Socom 3
Back to top Go down
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork and SOCOM   Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:33 pm

@RaginPhoenix wrote:
Big maps are decent but I believe what made socom successfull was the intense small scrums that happened on the smaller maps. Take fish hook for example, the battles of 2-3 at various entry points are what made that map so special. It really required strategy beyond just running as far as you can and sneaking in. One of the problems I had with Mag is that its hard to be tactical when its just a mosh pit of soldiers everywhere firing. Socom was successfull because it needed teamwork and communication. With 32 vs 32 it will be interesting to see how they emphasize teamwork and I hope the maps arent ridiculous as some were on Socom 3

I believe you mean 16 vs 16. I believe they said around the size of Foxhunt and Blackwoods for the bigger maps, which sounds pretty good to me.

Signing out.
Back to top Go down
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork and SOCOM   Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:35 pm

Yea my bad I meant 32 players lol. Foxhunt being the biggest maps sounds like theyre finally going back to the basics that made them so successful. I entirely approve. Can't wait to hear from Beer on what the actual maps and stuff are like.
Back to top Go down
KRIS2001
JESTER
JESTER

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork and SOCOM   Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:19 pm

This not a bad idea but not a good idea either Because sometimes when I play my clan not on so I run in QM's and you know half of those people dont have mics to communicate so it would suck really bad if I did not know.
Back to top Go down
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork and SOCOM   Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:39 pm

It's more of a UCRR idea now, so you wouldn't have to worry about it in a quick match situation.

Signing out.
Back to top Go down
KRIS2001
JESTER
JESTER

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork and SOCOM   Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:17 pm

[BER]NAME-LESS wrote:
It's more of a UCRR idea now, so you wouldn't have to worry about it in a quick match situation.

This sounds like a really good idea UCCR cause then I can just play maps and modes I like instead of every map. There is some maps I enjoy but hardly see in the rotation in QM's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork and SOCOM   

Back to top Go down

Teamwork and SOCOM
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SOCOM DISCUSSIONS :: SOCOM U.S. NAVY SEALS-
Jump to: