SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

I PLAYED SOCOM 4 AT ZIPPER. HERE IS MY OPINION

+8
1gneous
whycreations
Admin
ChainFire420
NAME-LESS
bender-flexo
RaginPhoenix
PAUL-AWOL-
12 posters
Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

I PLAYED SOCOM 4 AT ZIPPER. HERE IS MY OPINION Empty I PLAYED SOCOM 4 AT ZIPPER. HERE IS MY OPINION

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:03 am
To start off with Zipper was 1st class all the way and they treated all of us more than just fans of a video game.

Pistols are gone from Socom ???? I don't agree with this at all, your secondary weapon can be what ever is available for you to choose. You can't have two shot guns but you can have a Sniper rifle with a Shotty and etc. I will miss pistols only, that is Socom and another feature is lost.

There is a mode called Classic mode, there is no D-Pad lean, Snap to cover or health regen in this mode. Classic Mode was only made available to us as Supression only. PTT was in this mode.

The game over all looked and felt like MAG with a SOCOM name. The camera view was very close and needed to be zoomed out, it was very hard to L1 zoom and not have over half your head in the screen.

Demo mode was was not presented and I don't now the future of Demo mode. Zipper did not say it wasn't in Socom 4, but don't be suprised if it isn't. We all raised hell about this and told Seth many many times how important Demo is to Socom.

Classic lobbies are gone, there is a COD style Lobby system now but you still have sides you can choose, such as spec ops or insurgence, but that is the extent of it. The mode we played you can't access your weapons thru the lobby, but they stated it will be there, I hope so.

If it wasn't for the Classic Mode I would have probably walked around and visited everyone else.

For those who wanted Ranked Respawn, you got it. Open mics. The Ranked Respawn side of Socom was almost an exact mirror image of Mag 3rd person style.

PMN mines are back but you have to rank up to get them as you do with attachments "front grip, suppressors and etc", the rank structure in Socom 4 is similar to Mags.

Reloading was not fast at all, there was some sort of small wheel that when reloading popped up on the screen and you had to wait for it to complete a circle or your re-load failed. I can't remember if you have to hold down the square button the whole time or not, but it wasn't something I cared for.

Grenade Arc needs to be in this game, I killed myself so many times it started to piss me off. Grenades are thrown according to your crosshair location using the R2 button. What is cool you can pick up nades off of dead bodies is back.

We did not get to play or see the whole game IMO. The Clan side of the game was not made available to us, but they stated there will be a way to create a Clan, how ? we do not know.

I do want to put this out there for everyone. I don't want to sway anyone from Socom at all, this is just what I viewed and are my opinions of Socom 4 having played it.

Many of my comments are facts but some are my opinions, and in fairness to you and Zipper please do me a favor and play the BETA and judge it for yourself before writing off ZIPPER.
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

I PLAYED SOCOM 4 AT ZIPPER. HERE IS MY OPINION Empty Re: I PLAYED SOCOM 4 AT ZIPPER. HERE IS MY OPINION

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:35 am
I gotta say I am pleased. They gave us two games essentially. One for the hardcores to an extent and one for the mainstream. The grenade arc is a small thing that I am sure they will fix with pressure from the community. Same with the pistols ability. I'm disappointed about the rooms though. Thanks for the info man!
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

I PLAYED SOCOM 4 AT ZIPPER. HERE IS MY OPINION Empty Re: I PLAYED SOCOM 4 AT ZIPPER. HERE IS MY OPINION

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:56 am
Your Welcome, I am about to get on a plane, talk with everyone tomorrow. long flights.
bender-flexo
bender-flexo
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:53 pm
REMAKE SOCOM 2 IN HD!!!!
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:06 pm
Alright..........I'll TRY the beta, but it'll definitely be the free way. The game modes is what I'm most pissed about. I don't know how long I can play suppression for without getting bored.
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:24 pm
Okay, so i read that there were no Taunts.....but i have to know.....can you dance on dead bodies??
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59 pm
Yes.
Anonymous

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:39 am
no pistols
no d pad lean
no classic game modes
camera too fucking close
no lobbies
'no ucrr
damn mother fucking enemy names popping up the last 2 minutes ( can they dumb down the game and make it any more fucking easier? health regen respawn as main mode revive teamates holy fucking damn bullshit!!)
2 primaries
only 1 game mode for classic
classic mode my mother fucking ass!!
I am so pissed off and sad about this news
cod controls and airstrikes and gun unlocks... FUCK!!
I KNOW you did your best and told them what you really thought Paul, good job
do you think they could all tell how sad you were about the game being all fucked up??
I have been in a bad mood since then
my wife was asking how can they call it classic mode when it isnt
she asked did they have the cod employees make this one?
they talk about classic socom as if they never heard of it before
arent these the guys who made socom 1 and 2???!!!
FUCKING BULLSHIT I AM SO PISSED
I would be super happy if classic mode was
same controlls as every damn fucking socom previous to con-
no sprint button
no dumbass up on dpad to talk ( are you kidding me)
camera view back the fuck off
give me my pistol
dpad lean
no mother fucking names or gay pussy ass halo names the last 2 minutes ( what a joke) whos dumbass idea was that?
only 1 primary
nade knockdowns shotty knockdowns.
demo mode!!
theres socom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum