SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

A great post I agree with

+4
WarMachine_v1
GaRcHoW
GJD21
PAUL-AWOL-
8 posters
Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

A great post I agree with Empty A great post I agree with

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:56 am
The excuses aren't adding up

8-21-2010 06:02 AM

They can program things like guns that fire with recoil and a certain fire rate but coding a simple opening and closing of a door is "too hard" or "complicated" to do. They can make cover and objects that that are destructible but coding in a jump to climb which is a very basic platforming feature seen in many games? How about the simple act of a soldier leaning his body left or right ?

If coding some of these very simplistic things is complicated then I would assume when you pop in the game you would be seeing a blank black screen because theres no way they could code anything in this game if opening and closing a door is beyond their reach.

I hear all these commercials about how the PS 3 is so advanced and "it only does everything" and yet according to Zipper its just far to difficult to code in some very basic parts of Socom gameplay. We have supposedly this advanced physics system but the act of having an opening and closing door is just way out of this systems league?

Personally I think its just more of the stripped and watered down Socom we got from CON due to a lazy developer that just wants to get a very basic game on the shelves that has no attention to detail. I'm not buying any of this "It can't be done on the PS 3" nonsense. I think Seth is just doing his usual tech talk stuff and thinks we are dumb enough to buy the idea that coding in a door that opens and closes in a video game takes a tremendous amount of expertise. Sort of like how he told us the old classic view was impossible in CON because of the 16:9 ratio (though he came clean in this podcast and admitted it was about the character looking to small on the screen and they wanted us to have a bigger character to look at,which is stupid and more obstructive to our view then the smaller centered character despite his claim that OTS is a less obstructed view).

Seth simply don't want to make a great Socom with tons of detail like the past and so he's going his usual route of blowing smoke up our butt to get us to buy this lazy effort anyways. We shouldn't be rewarding them for not giving a crap about us. We should all quit this series and make them rely completely on this broader market they desperately been seeking at our huge expense. If we don't buy it and the casual market ignores it as well,then and only then will Zipper and Sony learn the error of their ways. Reward them and buy this game and we will be replaying this same change for the broader market theme for the next iteration.
GJD21
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

A great post I agree with Empty Re: A great post I agree with

Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:45 pm
I'm not usually the type of guy who is too lazy to read a few paragraphs, but all of Tombstone's posts make me sound like that lol.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:52 pm
GJD21 wrote:I'm not usually the type of guy who is too lazy to read a few paragraphs, but all of Tombstone's posts make me sound like that lol.
Yeah, he means well, but does get long winded.
GaRcHoW
GaRcHoW
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:00 pm
Yea he does post a ton!!!, but he know's more about Socom and what it is than most of the so called heavy hitters on the forums.
WarMachine_v1
WarMachine_v1
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:58 pm
My gripe with this is that... yes they removed some features but perhaps for the better... we just don't know. They have said they removed these features because they found better ways to accomplish what they did. We will see... they can't go into detail what they have added yet but they can say what they don't have. Is it aggravating, absolutely but I still reserve judgement.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:48 am
I don't know, I can't see how getting rid of long time core values can be a better thing. If it was never broke why try and fix it.
WarMachine_v1
WarMachine_v1
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:16 am
[BER]PAUL-AWOL- wrote:I don't know, I can't see how getting rid of long time core values can be a better thing. If it was never broke why try and fix it.

I agree but I am just going to wait till I see the game.
GaRcHoW
GaRcHoW
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:23 pm
See I think we have seen these features before. What TPV game have you played that isn't OTS? We've tried OTS in other games. Its not like its an all new never been done before feature.

The cover system that's in every game nowadays to and it seems to always suck. I hate pressing a button to take cover. Cover systems get me killed more than they help.

Its not like Zipper is doing anything new to the industry in S4. Its feature we've all tried before and it's features I hate.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum