View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: A great post I agree with   Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:56 am

The excuses aren't adding up

8-21-2010 06:02 AM

They can program things like guns that fire with recoil and a certain fire rate but coding a simple opening and closing of a door is "too hard" or "complicated" to do. They can make cover and objects that that are destructible but coding in a jump to climb which is a very basic platforming feature seen in many games? How about the simple act of a soldier leaning his body left or right ?

If coding some of these very simplistic things is complicated then I would assume when you pop in the game you would be seeing a blank black screen because theres no way they could code anything in this game if opening and closing a door is beyond their reach.

I hear all these commercials about how the PS 3 is so advanced and "it only does everything" and yet according to Zipper its just far to difficult to code in some very basic parts of Socom gameplay. We have supposedly this advanced physics system but the act of having an opening and closing door is just way out of this systems league?

Personally I think its just more of the stripped and watered down Socom we got from CON due to a lazy developer that just wants to get a very basic game on the shelves that has no attention to detail. I'm not buying any of this "It can't be done on the PS 3" nonsense. I think Seth is just doing his usual tech talk stuff and thinks we are dumb enough to buy the idea that coding in a door that opens and closes in a video game takes a tremendous amount of expertise. Sort of like how he told us the old classic view was impossible in CON because of the 16:9 ratio (though he came clean in this podcast and admitted it was about the character looking to small on the screen and they wanted us to have a bigger character to look at,which is stupid and more obstructive to our view then the smaller centered character despite his claim that OTS is a less obstructed view).

Seth simply don't want to make a great Socom with tons of detail like the past and so he's going his usual route of blowing smoke up our butt to get us to buy this lazy effort anyways. We shouldn't be rewarding them for not giving a crap about us. We should all quit this series and make them rely completely on this broader market they desperately been seeking at our huge expense. If we don't buy it and the casual market ignores it as well,then and only then will Zipper and Sony learn the error of their ways. Reward them and buy this game and we will be replaying this same change for the broader market theme for the next iteration.
Back to top Go down
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/
GJD21
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:45 pm

I'm not usually the type of guy who is too lazy to read a few paragraphs, but all of Tombstone's posts make me sound like that lol.
Back to top Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:52 pm

@GJD21 wrote:
I'm not usually the type of guy who is too lazy to read a few paragraphs, but all of Tombstone's posts make me sound like that lol.
Yeah, he means well, but does get long winded.
Back to top Go down
GaRcHoW
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:00 pm

Yea he does post a ton!!!, but he know's more about Socom and what it is than most of the so called heavy hitters on the forums.
Back to top Go down
WarMachine_v1
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:58 pm

My gripe with this is that... yes they removed some features but perhaps for the better... we just don't know. They have said they removed these features because they found better ways to accomplish what they did. We will see... they can't go into detail what they have added yet but they can say what they don't have. Is it aggravating, absolutely but I still reserve judgement.
Back to top Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:48 am

I don't know, I can't see how getting rid of long time core values can be a better thing. If it was never broke why try and fix it.

Back to top Go down
WarMachine_v1
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:16 am

[BER]PAUL-AWOL- wrote:
I don't know, I can't see how getting rid of long time core values can be a better thing. If it was never broke why try and fix it.

I agree but I am just going to wait till I see the game.
Back to top Go down
GaRcHoW
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:23 pm

See I think we have seen these features before. What TPV game have you played that isn't OTS? We've tried OTS in other games. Its not like its an all new never been done before feature.

The cover system that's in every game nowadays to and it seems to always suck. I hate pressing a button to take cover. Cover systems get me killed more than they help.

Its not like Zipper is doing anything new to the industry in S4. Its feature we've all tried before and it's features I hate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:36 pm

Opening and closing doors along with shooting out lights and it affecting the lighting in a room accurately should be done on ps2 with no prob.maybe these lazy ass devs should be making the game for ps2 since our expensive ps3s suck so bad
Back to top Go down
whycreations
JESTER
JESTER

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:55 pm

hell .. a lot of game you can just walk up to a ladder and face it and the character will automatically climb ....

I never thought about most of what was posted here but it does make me think back now on those lil things ..

Back to top Go down
http://www.theeventshorizon.com/Community/index.php

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:35 am

All those small basic things we took for granted.i like having to hit a button to get on a ladder.makes it so you don't accidentally get on when not intending to
Back to top Go down
Admin
OPS COM
OPS COM

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:51 am

Zipper has removed so much of the core gameplay I don't see how anything we do will make me feel like I am playing Socom. I am really trying to bite my tongue and wait for Multi Player, but you can't assume Socom 4 will play like Socom's back in the day.
Back to top Go down
http://socomfans.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:52 am

I get frustrated thinking about it but I still have a small hope (like a kids who knows santa isn't real but wants to think he is anyway) that mp will be a completely different game with many different modes to please everyone.coop missions.coop campaign. Gay hr respawn andnon respawn. Non hr respawn and non respawn.old school maps.new maps.dlc coming out with old maps that have been graphically updated.ahhhh.one can always have dreams I guess
Back to top Go down
LORD-DANK-
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:47 pm

i dont remember zipper sayingg they couldnt make doors open and close and they didnt say it was too hard eather. this is just a classic TOMB posting where he used selective hearing in this perticular podcast.

what i got from it was yes they can make doors open and close but there was a difficulty aspect brought into play because of the week focal points it applyed into the game. ie. glitches that could be tied into the door. no this isnt excact words from seth but its what i added up.

i think a huge problom with the community these days is noody does any checking of facts they see it typed up and tend to beleive it.

go listen to the podcast it was the latest seth luisi one and see what you get from what he says....im sure it wont be what TOMB got
Back to top Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:48 pm

Speaking of Tomb, I haven't seen him on the forums in awhile ? I agree Tomb does get one tracked minded sometimes, but he does try and stick to his guns, I give him that.

Back to top Go down
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:06 am

He hasn't posted in a while, but I have seen him logged in quite often. Maybe he got tired of me.
Back to top Go down
Admin
OPS COM
OPS COM

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:19 am

qp-NaMeLeSS-qp wrote:
He hasn't posted in a while, but I have seen him logged in quite often. Maybe he got tired of me.
LOL, Yeah maybe he is taking a break from everyone, and you did give him a run for his money, he probably has no hair left on his head. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://socomfans.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:49 am

Could someone please copy and paste my above post in a new thread on socom.com?i am on a3 month ban
Back to top Go down
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:21 am

It's up and available for everyone to enjoy. Wink

http://forums.socom.com/t5/SOCOM-4/A-small-hope/td-p/885046

Signing out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:23 am

Thanks bro.that's awesome.good playing socom with you tonight
Back to top Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:54 pm

I don't think I will be logging in tonight, the wife rented Robin Hood and the Prince of Persia, so I may be eating Pop-Corn and drinking a coke tonight. LOL. Have fun and Iwill be there in Spirit because I do want to play some Socom. BUT!!! LOL. queen Has me in check tonight.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:03 pm

A night with the woman supersedes video games every time.
Dang my phone won't let me put a winking smiley in.
Back to top Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:09 pm

I have a question for ya DITCH, since you use your phone often to post, does the new banner have a different effect on the way the forum looks now on your phone. I have an HTC from Verizon and it changed a little bit, but not enough to were it doesn't line up ?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:13 pm

No.it looks fine.i see the bridge at the top and right.on the olaf one I saw the tank just fine
Back to top Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:19 pm

Perfect, that means it is lining up. Ok Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A great post I agree with   

Back to top Go down

A great post I agree with
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SOCOM DISCUSSIONS :: SOCOM U.S. NAVY SEALS-
Jump to: