Share | 

Primaries and Secondaries

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Primaries and Secondaries   Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:40 pm

I have seen many threads that suggest shotguns be locked as the only secondary. This is my favorite solution, although I would prefer a system such as this:

When equipping a SMG, AR, LMG or SR. You will only be aloud to equip smaller, pump-action shotguns.

Shotguns such as the USAS-12 and the AA-12 and other large or high rate of fire shotguns will be reserved as primaries.

When equipping the primary shotgun, weaker SMG's will be accessible as secondaries.

Since the Super M-90 is being included as a pre-order, perhaps it could be the only exception to the secondary rule.

Signing out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primaries and Secondaries   Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:59 pm

If they refuse to add pistols. Or are too incompetent. I think the closest they can do is : in classic mode-lock in submachine guns as your secondary and lock them on single shot.
Back to top Go down
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Primaries and Secondaries   Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:10 pm

DITCH wrote:
If they refuse to add pistols. Or are too incompetent. I think the closest they can do is : in classic mode-lock in submachine guns as your secondary and lock them on single shot.

I can't agree with this. SMG are a vital component of warfare and should never be locked away like that. A lot of people use SMGs only and that would be wrong to take that away from someone because it makes you happy.

Signing out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Primaries and Secondaries   Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:13 pm

I did not say take them away. You could.have a submachinegun as a primary on full auto.but your secondary in place of the pustol would be a sub locked on singleshot. Because this is the most similar to a pustol in range accuracy and damage
Back to top Go down
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Primaries and Secondaries   Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:17 pm

DITCH wrote:
I did not say take them away. You could.have a submachinegun as a primary on full auto.but your secondary in place of the pustol would be a sub locked on singleshot. Because this is the most similar to a pustol in range accuracy and damage

I see, I guess that could work. I don't care either way, as long as it's changed. I just posted my preferred form.

Signing out.
Back to top Go down
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

PostSubject: Re: Primaries and Secondaries   Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:40 am

Subs with single shot always reminds me of good old paintball in the frostfire box room. BTW I like Nameless system. It doesn't involve much work compared to adding pistols and IMHO i actually like that system over pistols.
Back to top Go down
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

PostSubject: Re: Primaries and Secondaries   Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:30 am

2 things....

First:

Quote :
Shotguns such as the USAS-12 and the AA-12 and other large or high rate of fire shotguns SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM GAME.

Secondly:
If you forced me to use my MP5/HK5 with only single-shot, I'd be really REALLY pissed off. That would be the kind of thing that would put me over the edge as far as this franchise and company are concerned.

I'm already fuming about my loss of a trusty side-arm. The Mark .23 and 226 are close, trusted friends of mine in socom. Hell, I use pistols all the time in CoD and other games. There are no special forces out there that don't have a reliable side-arm and tactical knife on them at all times. It essential.

Back to top Go down
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Primaries and Secondaries   Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:42 am

@ChainFire420 wrote:
2 things....

First:

Quote :
Shotguns such as the USAS-12 and the AA-12 and other large or high rate of fire shotguns SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM GAME.

Secondly:
If you forced me to use my MP5/HK5 with only single-shot, I'd be really REALLY pissed off. That would be the kind of thing that would put me over the edge as far as this franchise and company are concerned.

I'm already fuming about my loss of a trusty side-arm. The Mark .23 and 226 are close, trusted friends of mine in socom. Hell, I use pistols all the time in CoD and other games. There are no special forces out there that don't have a reliable side-arm and tactical knife on them at all times. It essential.

Sometimes they have shotguns on their sides as a side-arm Smile. Auto shotguns (the USAS) are already confirmed and they aren't going anywhere, as much as I hate them.

I just hope they weren't dumb enough to only give one team an auto again.

Signing out.
Back to top Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Primaries and Secondaries   Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:25 pm

I can deal with only being able to use a Shotty as a secondary. That would even up the playing field.

Back to top Go down
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/
JoeyRocker
REAVER
REAVER

PostSubject: Re: Primaries and Secondaries   Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:53 pm

@NAME-LESS wrote:
DITCH wrote:

I can't agree with this. SMG are a vital component of warfare and should never be locked away like that. A lot of people use SMGs only and that would be wrong to take that away from someone because it makes you happy.

I think pistols could be held in teh same ragard. I think they are vital components of warfare & should never be locked away.

At this point, it appears that we all should just get used to dual primarys. Hope for pistols in Socom 5 or (crosses fingers) S2HD

Back to top Go down
http://www.graveyardShiftInc.com
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Primaries and Secondaries   Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:07 pm

@JoeyRocker wrote:
@NAME-LESS wrote:
DITCH wrote:

I think pistols could be held in teh same ragard. I think they are vital components of warfare & should never be locked away.

At this point, it appears that we all should just get used to dual primarys. Hope for pistols in Socom 5 or (crosses fingers) S2HD

The difference between pistols and SMGs is that, pistols aren't being locked away because they aren't in the game.

Never give up.

Signing out.
Back to top Go down
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

PostSubject: Re: Primaries and Secondaries   Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:35 pm

@NAME-LESS wrote:

Sometimes they have shotguns on their sides as a side-arm Smile. Auto shotguns (the USAS) are already confirmed and they aren't going anywhere, as much as I hate them.

Yea, but my point is that even when they have shottys as a secondary, they still and will ALWAYS have a pistol with them.

And hopefully Zipper is smart enough to not give only one team some kind of auto-shotty. But at the same time, this is the company that gave Terrorists Model 18s and .50 Desert Eagles when the SEALs only had 9mms, 226s, and Mark .23s...so yea, don't be surprised. And at the same SAME time, let's hope the MGs aren't monstrous run n' gun destroyers like they did in MAG, just about voiding all other weapons. Typing this, I realize Zipper has a history of horribly unbalancing the weapons on teams...in every game they've ever made.

So, i guess the real question is, what have they over-powered this time that will piss off the community (those that are left, that is).

**Side note: Also, is this still a US Navy SEALs game? Are our protagonists an actual SEAL team still? or have they deviated from that as well?

Back to top Go down
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

PostSubject: Re: Primaries and Secondaries   Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:41 pm

Holy fuck, i was looking into that Navy SEAL thing at the bottom of my last post....there's a quiz on the Socom.com website. If you're on the Socom 4 part of the site and click "Game Info" on the top left, you get a bit of info on the game and theres a Poll and a quiz question at the bottom.

Fuck me, there's only one Navy SEAL in the squad...Dion Wells. For gods sake, the OpsCom isn't a Navy SEAL!!!

So, there really is nothing "SOCOM US NAVY SEALs" in this game....

EDIT: The Poll question and Quiz question change when refreshing the page...
EDIT2: As it turns out, ERIC SCHWEITZER is also a US Navy SEAL. So in a 5-man squad, there are only 2 SEALs in the US NAvy SEALs game...

Back to top Go down
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Primaries and Secondaries   Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:45 pm

@ChainFire420 wrote:
@NAME-LESS wrote:

Yea, but my point is that even when they have shottys as a secondary, they still and will ALWAYS have a pistol with them.

And hopefully Zipper is smart enough to not give only one team some kind of auto-shotty. But at the same time, this is the company that gave Terrorists Model 18s and .50 Desert Eagles when the SEALs only had 9mms, 226s, and Mark .23s...so yea, don't be surprised. And at the same SAME time, let's hope the MGs aren't monstrous run n' gun destroyers like they did in MAG, just about voiding all other weapons. Typing this, I realize Zipper has a history of horribly unbalancing the weapons on teams...in every game they've ever made.

So, i guess the real question is, what have they over-powered this time that will piss off the community (those that are left, that is).

**Side note: Also, is this still a US Navy SEALs game? Are our protagonists an actual SEAL team still? or have they deviated from that as well?

They also gave the terrorists the 552SD when the only people equipped with a 552SD offline were the Spetnaz, they were on the SEAL time.

Machine Guns should be EXTREMELY lethal when stationary. When moving they should be very hard to use, but still good in a CQC battle, just not in sustained fire.

Half your team in S4 will be SEALs (excluding OPSCOM, why a NATO officer is commanding Navy SEALs and Korean 707's I have no idea) and half will be Korean, not to different then when you had Spetnaz, SAS or Polish guys on your team.

It is still Navy SEALs, but only in America. Everywhere else it is Special Forces. If you watch the french video you will clearly see the beret on Wells head and the boonie hat Shweiltzer's(?) head. As well as a FAMAS on one of their backs.

As much as I would like to have pistols, I would much rather have shotguns on everybody's backs than assault rifles.

Signing out.
Back to top Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Primaries and Secondaries   Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:30 pm

I have seen this said on the forums and I also think 90 percent of everyone will be packing a sniper rifle as primary along with an assault rifle as second. Why wouldn't you do this, just camp the 1st minute of the round and pop off rushers, then switch to your Assault rifle and run and gun. Just saying, I want Phenom on my side with a sniper rifle, because I know what you can do with one.

Back to top Go down
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

PostSubject: Re: Primaries and Secondaries   Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:18 pm

@PAUL-AWOL- wrote:
I have seen this said on the forums and I also think 90 percent of everyone will be packing a sniper rifle as primary along with an assault rifle as second. Why wouldn't you do this, just camp the 1st minute of the round and pop off rushers, then switch to your Assault rifle and run and gun. Just saying, I want Phenom on my side with a sniper rifle, because I know what you can do with one.

Wow, yea, thats totally true. Its a terrifying concept.

Back to top Go down
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Primaries and Secondaries   Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:08 pm

@ChainFire420 wrote:
@PAUL-AWOL- wrote:

I would benefit from everyone sniping, pop off all those wannabe's right at the start of the round. Smile

Signing out.
Back to top Go down
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

PostSubject: Re: Primaries and Secondaries   Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:35 am

@NAME-LESS wrote:
@ChainFire420 wrote:
@PAUL-AWOL- wrote:

I would benefit from everyone sniping, pop off all those wannabe's right at the start of the round. Smile

Smile oh yea, gonna love the rush for everyone to get to the sniping spots once people start to know the map. The beginning of the rounds are gonna be amazingly fun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Primaries and Secondaries   

Back to top Go down

Primaries and Secondaries
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SOCOM DISCUSSIONS :: SOCOM U.S. NAVY SEALS-
Jump to: