SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
Anonymous

POST ALL SOCOM 4 BETA RESULTS HERE. KEEP IT GOING - Page 3 Empty Re: POST ALL SOCOM 4 BETA RESULTS HERE. KEEP IT GOING

Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:42 am
The new and unimproved dumbed down next gen version or socom. Now with less features and options kids!! Dive to prone and climbing over objects are really the only things I like about it,
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

POST ALL SOCOM 4 BETA RESULTS HERE. KEEP IT GOING - Page 3 Empty Re: POST ALL SOCOM 4 BETA RESULTS HERE. KEEP IT GOING

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:02 am
I'll start naming good things later, but i need to get the bad out of me first. I went in knowing well-enough that this was nothing like any Socom game ever made, and that it was not socom.....but its far worse than I could have expected. It truly is a "kids" socom. I can't believe that Zipper has been backing this game the whole time we were trashing it before any of us had played it....and now that I have finally gotten my hadns on it, I'm stunned.

-The mics are awful. There are weird lag inconsistencies and its hard to tell when people can or can't hear hear you. D-pad UP to talk is ridiculous and horribly uncomfortable.
-I know Ditch keeps saying its like MAG, but its like a child's version of MAG. The character models do look cartoony, though the explosions looks pretty cool.
-Still working on getting the sniping down. I've had many shots miss even though neither me or the target are moving. I actually do better when firing at moving targets, trying to to determine how far to 'lead' the target.
-Shotguns are interesting. They only seem to fire 5-6 projectiles, like it's loaded with SLug ammo or something, but very lethal at close range.
-The post-game screen goes away way too quickly, expecially will all the things they want to show you (Medals, Experience Meter, Weapon stats(not sure what they mean yet, i think its the expereince for each weapon), Scoreboard.
-OH, and who doesn't love that after EVERY GAME you get the "Hey, you played our shitty game, make sure to buy it on April 19th" screen. VERY annoying, and pointless. Would make more sense to show when you start/quit the game, not every game you play.

Of all the weapons so far, I actually take preference with the MGs, specifically the M60 (can't remember the other one).
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:27 am
Hey guys I got two questions about things that stand out to me.

Can you cook grenades?
Are the diamonds above the enemy always? Is it a proximity thing? Is it only there if they shoot?

Thanks guys
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:50 am
I played till 3am and went to work at 7 am.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:56 am
whycreations wrote:Though I see you all mainly posting bad ...
I am flip opposite ....

I am really liking this game ... no the GFX
are not the best I have ever seen in my life but they are a lot better ..
I am not going to judge a game on the GFX .. It is about the content
and the ability of the content that brings in the Community Value to the
game ! This game will do that ....

I dont know what to tell you all that are trash talking the game ...
you must have been a lot more hard core Socomer then me or just Stuck
in the 90'S and want to bring the "Hair Band's Back"

I will call this SOCOM for sure ... The next Generation of socom !!!
Love it so far !!!!

I am Glad there are some guys on the forums that like the game, that's great. I really do want to hear the positives from people. This is one game either you are going to love it or hate it.

How I am dealing with it in my own way is I am not looking at it anymore as SOCOM. I tell people to go in with an open mind and don't expect the game to be what we all played.

Well I hope all the guys who don't care for it keep an open mind with you as you should those who don't like what they see, to each his own and I respect all comments.

Cya on the Beta Why Smile
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:08 am
I think the Red diamonds only appear when the enemy is shooting nearby.
The Blue Diamonds are always visible.

-No, you can't cook nades, not that I've found.
-No way to change fire mode, not that I've found.
-Voting takes up a large part of your view, especially when scoped in and stays for waaaay too long.
-Changing "equipment" in gameplay is intuitive, but not easy on the fly.
-When using "cover" with O, your aim and turn speed are drastically reduced.
-Your character "breaks" out of cover too easily when you're using cover, and sticks too much when you want to move.
-You have to be all the way at the very edge of an object when using cover to peek out from the sides, very bad when you're trying to shoot 45 degrees to the left or right of "dead-ahead".
-Grenades sail way high of your reticle, making it near impossible to throw in windows, doors, or any possible underhand-toss situation.
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:13 am
Thanks to the Socom.com blog post.....there are Victory Dances!!!
Press O over a dead body!!!

Now this is exciting news Very Happy
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:41 am
What this game really needs is the ability to set a couple default load-outs. With as many factors as there are to be tossed around (primary/secondary/Gear1/Gear2/Skin) i feel it really needs the option to set maybe up to 3 Custom load-outs for each side (SpecOPs and Insurgents).

So far, the game is clearly based on respawn. Even in Classic, the maps are not designed for "classic" socom-play and there is waaaay too much camping in Classic.

And respawn has the opposite problem, waaay too much spawn-camping. Fortunately, you can choose between 3 spawn points, which helps eliminate these problems, but it can get frustrating pretty fast if your team isn't pulling their weight.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum