SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Nocom 4 - ChainFire's compiled opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: Nocom 4 - ChainFire's compiled opinions

Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:36 am
While my opinions of this game have not changed at all, i do find myself having fun when i play it. It's intense, objective-based, and challenging. But one thing I find as a re-occurring problem is the same one that I had when playing MAG with randoms. And it's that people aren't pulling their own weight. I can't tell you how many times a guy has stolen our data or defused a bomb in our base because no one is paying attention to the objective....just trying to kill people (and failing).

It's no longer about teamwork, its about the objective, which no one else is doing, and it drives me crazy because i can personally kill 3 people at our objective before someone finally kills me (there's always one or two more than I can handle). If literally ANYONE was helping me, we coulda stopped them completely.

Whenever my team loses, I'm always one of the two or three guys (if not the top guy) on our team with an awesome K/D ratio. It sucks to lose all the time, and it sucks even more when there's nothing you could do about it.

And now that i think about it, know what it is? Its the CoD element in the game. People with no mics running around shooting a bunch at stuff, not getting any kills, and not watching the objectives.

It literally goes against EVERYTHING that SOCOM stands for. This, ultimately, is the fault in the game. Its a US Navy SEALs game, for crying out loud.
Its not even about the gameplay anymore, or the mechanics, or the community -- its about our heroes over seas and across the world. This game does not represent the US Navy SEALs in any way. Its a disgrace to its own name. Special Operations Command, my ass.
major_woody_
major_woody_
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Nocom 4 - ChainFire's compiled opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: Nocom 4 - ChainFire's compiled opinions

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:46 am
A well put together list. Kudos!
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:39 am
After playing 2 weeks I am already bored of it.
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:27 am
PAUL-AWOL- wrote:After playing 2 weeks I am already bored of it.

Tends to happen when you can only play 2 crappy maps with restricted game modes. I really hope the other maps are better.
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:02 pm
I really am starting to hate the respawn side of this game. You really see the COD leak through in the sense its spawn, run out there take as many as you can before you die, dead.

Like you said Chain. I hate how barely anyone pays attention to the damn objectives. People leaving the bomb defuser alone or spawning and running away from the last point we have to defend. Its freaking annoying.

However when you have a team or a few people that know what they are doing and use the mic, the game is fun. Im torn.
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 pm
When i get back on, I'm going start playing the Classic mode heavily. i mostly played respawn to Mod-up some weapons as quick as I could, learn the maps, and learn the objectives. It's the same thing you would tell any noob in any socom game, right? Play respawn first.

I've done that and now its time to REALLY evaluate the Classic mode. Well, after I get this shitty project done...so later this week I'll be getting into it.

RaginPhoenix wrote:
Like you said Chain. I hate how barely anyone pays attention to the damn objectives. People leaving the bomb defuser alone or spawning and running away from the last point we have to defend. Its freaking annoying.

And yea, that drives me crazy. It happens on a regular basis, so my W/L ratio is trash even though my K/D ratio is awesome.
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:03 pm
So yea, first night of all-Classic Nocom 4 and the verdict is:

WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH ALL THE CAMPING

That said, I have had very little fun so far. I played with both my clans tonight and we won some and lost some. Most games I was top2 or 3 on my team, win or lose. The broken mics make things VERY difficult, so we pretty much didn't talk while we played, only occasionally while we were dead and waiting. I came across A LOT of people laying down in corners, bushes, and foliage with SMGs and ARs.

--In a game where the maps are small and there is no respawn, people should not be able to throw grenades across the map.
--On Assault and Battery, Suppression, Spec Ops side, I got sniped two rounds in a row after only taking 3 steps forward ( I was the right-side spawn). This should not be possible.
--Unless PMN mines are on a flat lightly-colored surface (like concrete) they are damn near invisible.

My advice to any of you: don't play Classic. As much as you want to try to get as little of a Socom feel out of this game as possible, its not going to happen. It's not even REMINISCENT of Socom. The games are boring, frustrating, and all-together irritating. If you want to have any fun in this game, you have to play it like a CoD game. Whether you like it or not, thats what this game is and its not going to get any better.
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:16 am
Chain I respectfully disagree. I played a ton of classic tonight and ended up playing with a clan called LnL. Honestly it reminded me of old time Socom. Both us and the opposition played for keeps to the point where I think only one round out of the 7 matches we played ended due to time.

Breaking into squads, strong mic activity, voting campers. It was old time Socom. Both teams were intelligent and you could tell they knew what they were doing.

Assault and Battery is usually a pretty protected spawn map. What do you mean you were sniped as soon as you spawned? Was there a lag? A slight delay? Or you spawned like normal and went down quick? Its really no different than spawning in dg and rushing to middle building and getting popped.

Classic mode was alive and well today. Really refreshed my Socom spirit. Lemme know next time your on and we will try and grab a game together.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum