SOCOM LIVES HERE
 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 After Playing for a week

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrUsTrAtEd-
JESTER
JESTER
avatar

Posts : 146
Join date : 2010-04-25
Age : 37
Location : Nevada USA

PostSubject: After Playing for a week   Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:37 pm

1. Zipper should have made a new engine instead of using the MAG engine

2. When I play socom 4....magcom 4....i feel like a watching a B movie....like a playing a B rated game

3. The guns are innacurate.....sniper rifles at long range should kill and they dont.....an f90 has better accuracy and range

4. The graphics and game play are worse than PS2 with 480p....and IM playing with HDMI now

5. Mark my words.... "There will be a HUGE lag issue with this game!""

6. When playing the game I want to break my ps3 for the simple fact that snap to cover is for pussies

7. How can I line up head shots when there are these annoying circles...yes i have modded up a gun and it still sucks trying to hip fire

8. So playing classic suppression and the last guy is camping in the top of the spawn that is not accessable to the other team.....how r you supposed to make a comeback from behind when the homo wont leave the spawn?

9. Plain and simple.....I do not like this game

Zipper should have listened to the fans.....make it like socom 2.
I want my character to move like socom 1,2,3 and combined assult.....I want to be able to hear a difference in guns being fired...they all sound the same. I want to be able to make my OWN character.....we are in 2011 not 1994. I want to see where my nades are going...not a big guess if they are going to leave my hands or not.

Zipper when you decided to use the mag engine is when u lost me...I bought mag and traded it in 2 days later for its lack of fun....now u have made 3rd person mag game with different game modes.

I WILL NOT BUY THIS GAME....I WILL NOT BUY THIS GAME....I DONT CARE....I WANTED A SOCOM GAME....U HAVE COMPLETELY RUINED THE SOCOM FRANCHISE WITH THIS GAME...

I FEEL VIOLATED WITH THE LATEST SOCOM GAME.

NOW FOR THE GOOD IN THE GAME

1. I like the clan feature


Yup thats it for the likes of the game sorry


Back to top Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
avatar

Posts : 1619
Join date : 2010-05-23
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: After Playing for a week   Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:45 pm

WOOOSAAAAA, did you check your blood pressure. Razz

I take your not buying the game. LMAO.


Back to top Go down
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER


Posts : 127
Join date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: After Playing for a week   Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:57 pm

@PAUL-AWOL- wrote:
WOOOSAAAAA, did you check your blood pressure. Razz

I take your not buying the game. LMAO.

Really? I had him more pegged as "On the fence" Razz

It'll be sad to see you go frustrated. Hopefully you make your way back here eventually. Just outta curiosity, what games are you planning on playing? Homefront was kinda a bust. SP lasted like 4 hours and MP really doesn't hold that much of a allure.
Back to top Go down
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
avatar

Posts : 580
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Cornwall, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: After Playing for a week   Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:08 pm

@FrUsTrAtEd- wrote:
1. Zipper should have made a new engine instead of using the MAG engine

2. When I play socom 4....magcom 4....i feel like a watching a B movie....like a playing a B rated game

3. The guns are innacurate.....sniper rifles at long range should kill and they dont.....an f90 has better accuracy and range

4. The graphics and game play are worse than PS2 with 480p....and IM playing with HDMI now

This is madness, but I guess people find certain things more appealing than others, a matter of taste.

5. Mark my words.... "There will be a HUGE lag issue with this game!""

6. When playing the game I want to break my ps3 for the simple fact that snap to cover is for pussies

7. How can I line up head shots when there are these annoying circles...yes i have modded up a gun and it still sucks trying to hip fire

The only time I didn't care if the dot was there is when I had a fully modded FDO-11. The gun is so accurate that the circle disappears and the crosshairs basically touch. Dot FTW!

8. So playing classic suppression and the last guy is camping in the top of the spawn that is not accessable to the other team.....how r you supposed to make a comeback from behind when the homo wont leave the spawn?

There isn't protected spawns in classic mode.

9. Plain and simple.....I do not like this game

Zipper should have listened to the fans.....make it like socom 2.
I want my character to move like socom 1,2,3 and combined assult.....I want to be able to hear a difference in guns being fired...they all sound the same. I want to be able to make my OWN character.....we are in 2011 not 1994. I want to see where my nades are going...not a big guess if they are going to leave my hands or not.

Zipper when you decided to use the mag engine is when u lost me...I bought mag and traded it in 2 days later for its lack of fun....now u have made 3rd person mag game with different game modes.

I WILL NOT BUY THIS GAME....I WILL NOT BUY THIS GAME....I DONT CARE....I WANTED A SOCOM GAME....U HAVE COMPLETELY RUINED THE SOCOM FRANCHISE WITH THIS GAME...

I FEEL VIOLATED WITH THE LATEST SOCOM GAME.

NOW FOR THE GOOD IN THE GAME

1. I like the clan feature


Yup thats it for the likes of the game sorry

I have a couple things of my own to add to this, as I've began to get really frustrated with this game since PS+ got it.

Cover System - It needs to be removed from classic ASAP. It's a game breaker and people are hardcore camping because of it.

Map Design - This is something they can't fix, but I feel the need to express my pains. Littering a map with objects is not the right way to deal with open spaces. There is supposed to be certain spots of maps that you are vulnerable in, it gives a map character. These maps are incredibly symmetrical. Both sides of the map are same. Once again, balance is not meant to be created by symmetry, but proper imbalance creates the best balance.

The maps are clearly made with the cover system in mind. All walls have three different possible heights, and they are cut way to even. Crouching behind a wall leaves your head exposed because the wall heights are designed for the cover system instead of being designed for being unique, to give a map character, forcing you to use the cover system if you wish to live.

Sniping - No words can describe how they have ruined my favorite job. It used to be a job, a specialty, that somebody was designated with.

Grenade throwing - Incredibly inaccurate and paired with lag spell disaster. If they don't want to bring back the arc at least make them accurate, that way when you have skill you can get off the perfect frag.

Knifing - The knife shouldn't be a viable tactic in CQC, especially to the point where it is more effective than a gun. Get rid of it!

Movement speed - It is too fast now, plain and simple IMO.

Sound - This one of the most important things in a shooter, and I need to know if someone is walking up behind me and where I can expect to here people. Example, In Kasbah if somebody ran through the tunnels you would here it, and you could expect your position to be given away if you used them.

When I'm in the boat and somebody is walking up behind me, I should be able to hear them, but half of the time I can't. and the I'll be 20 feet away from the boat and I hear them loud and clear. Consistency is VERY important.

Guns in general - First of all, every gun that can equip a suppressor, should have it available at some point. The same goes for the other attachments. I don't care if the gun has more than 5 possible attachments, give it more mod levels than another gun. So what if it is better than another gun, don't nerf a gun just because it's good. The other guns will find their own niche. Believe it or not, a lot of people use bad guns on purpose, be it for preference or for a challenge.

Also the 416 is pissing me off, it keeps killing me in one bullet, but that's fine.....LEAVE IT ALONE, it's a great gun!

That's all for now, but I'm sure something else will piss me off quite soon.


Signing out.


Last edited by NAME-LESS on Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FrUsTrAtEd-
JESTER
JESTER
avatar

Posts : 146
Join date : 2010-04-25
Age : 37
Location : Nevada USA

PostSubject: Re: After Playing for a week   Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:09 pm

Battlefield bad company comes out this fall i can wait for it...socom is done


Back to top Go down
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
avatar

Posts : 580
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Cornwall, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: After Playing for a week   Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:11 pm

@FrUsTrAtEd- wrote:
Battlefield bad company comes out this fall i can wait for it...socom is done

Battlefield 3 my friend, this one isn't of the bad company series. It is exciting me too. That and Elder Scrolls.


Signing out.
Back to top Go down
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER


Posts : 127
Join date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: After Playing for a week   Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:18 pm

@NAME-LESS wrote:


I have a couple things of my own to add to this, as I've began to get really frustrated with this game since PS+ got it.

Cover System - It needs to be removed from classic ASAP. It's a game breaker and people are hardcore camping because of it.

Map Design - This is something they can't fix, but I feel the need to express my pains. Littering a map with objects is not the right way to deal with open spaces. There is supposed to be certain spots of maps that you are vulnerable in, it gives a map character. These maps are incredibly symmetrical. Both sides of the map are same. Once again, balance is not meant to be created by symmetry, but proper imbalance creates the best balance.

The maps are clearly made with the cover system in mind. All walls have three different possible heights, and they are cut way to even. Crouching behind a wall leaves your head exposed because the wall heights are designed for the cover system instead of being designed for being unique, to give a map character, forcing you to use the cover system if you wish to live.

Sniping - No words can describe how they have ruined my favorite job. It used to be a job, a specialty, that somebody was designated with.

Grenade throwing - Incredibly inaccurate and paired with lag spell disaster. If they don't want to bring back the arc at least make them accurate, that way when you have skill you can get off the perfect frag.

Knifing - The knife shouldn't be a viable tactic in CQC, especially to the point where it is more effective than a gun. Get rid of it!

Movement speed - It is too fast now, plain and simple IMO.

Sound - This one of the most important things in a shooter, and I need to know if someone is walking up behind me and where I can expect to here people. Example, In Kasbah if somebody ran through the tunnels you would here it, and you could expect your position to be given away if you used them.

When I'm in the boat and somebody is walking up behind me, I should be able to hear them, but half of the time I can't. and the I'll be 20 feet away from the boat and I hear them loud and clear. Consistency is VERY important.

Guns in general - First of all, every gun that can equip a suppressor, should have it available at some point. The same goes for the other attachments. I don't care if the gun has more than 5 possible attachments, give it more mod levels than another gun. So what if it is better than another gun, don't nerf a gun just because it's good. The other guns will find their own niche. Believe it or not, a lot of people use bad guns on purpose, be it for preference or for a challenge.

Also the 416 is pissing me off, it keeps killing me in one bullet, but that's fine.....LEAVE IT ALONE, it's a great gun!

That's all for now, but I'm sure something else will piss me off quite soon.

Hmmm. You and I have some very similar opinions.

The sound is terrible imo. Generic gun sounds that seem randomly thrown in.

Showing where you get shot from seems a bit off. Sometimes they said the guy is behind me but hes to the side or high up.

I agree with the speed thing because people seem to be able to run faster than you can shoot from left to right.

CQC is a joke honestly. Either you waste a whole clip and the guys seems to dodge every bullet. Or someone gets a headshot in 1 or 2 bullets.

Headshots seem to be given so easily. Just spray the head area and you'll be rewarded more than actually trying to land 5 or 6 bullets.

SMGS have better range than AR? Doesn't make sense.

But the point i love the most, is they diminished the role of the sniper. My favourite position. Gone, useless. Made me sad.

ARGGGHH the more I play it the sadder I get. They really went backwards here in terms of SOCOM gameplay.
Back to top Go down
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
avatar

Posts : 580
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Cornwall, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: After Playing for a week   Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:42 pm

@RaginPhoenix wrote:

Hmmm. You and I have some very similar opinions.

The sound is terrible imo. Generic gun sounds that seem randomly thrown in.

Showing where you get shot from seems a bit off. Sometimes they said the guy is behind me but hes to the side or high up.

I agree with the speed thing because people seem to be able to run faster than you can shoot from left to right.

CQC is a joke honestly. Either you waste a whole clip and the guys seems to dodge every bullet. Or someone gets a headshot in 1 or 2 bullets.

Headshots seem to be given so easily. Just spray the head area and you'll be rewarded more than actually trying to land 5 or 6 bullets.

SMGS have better range than AR? Doesn't make sense.

But the point i love the most, is they diminished the role of the sniper. My favourite position. Gone, useless. Made me sad.

ARGGGHH the more I play it the sadder I get. They really went backwards here in terms of SOCOM gameplay.

We do very much seem to be on the same page. I just remembered one of my biggest problems with this game. How in fuck did they decide what team got what weapons!?

The Insurgents have the god damn M4. Just because Spec Ops get the 416, a similar gun doesn't mean you have to match it with the M4 on the Insurgents. I guess everybody has a one track mind for were balance some from. Even and Balance are not synonyms. Making the teams have weapons with similar stats and similar terrain on the maps is not how to properly create balance.

G36, shouldn't be an Insurgent gun. F2000, should not be an insurgent gun. Dk2, shouldn't be on the Spec Ops side. MP7, should not be an Insurgent weapon. Is it really that hard? Good Guys have more weapons, a better arsenal than the Bad Guys now? They always have, and it makes for a more authentic experience.

Want more Insurgent guns? Go find some that they should have then. There was this weapon that used to be in the game called the AUG 77, try it out. How about a good old classic, the AK-47?

I really hope the full game has more weapons than the beta. I know they don't have the M110 and the M14 in beta, but do in the real game.


Signing out.
Back to top Go down
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER


Posts : 127
Join date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: After Playing for a week   Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:46 pm

Yea im really confused about this whole thing. Where has the development gone into? The extra years?

Certainly not the menu,
Certainly not the guns,
Certainly not fixing grenades,
Certainly not fixing all the camera collisions,
Certainly not making lobbies,
Certainly not in character customization,
Certainly not the interface.

WHERE did the effort go to? Id like to see development and time allocation for this project. I have a feeling they just dicked around in the beginning and then hastily threw it all together in the end.

I can make a better menu system, a better waiting lobby, a better choose weapon screen.
Back to top Go down
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
avatar

Posts : 580
Join date : 2010-09-28
Location : Cornwall, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: After Playing for a week   Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:55 pm

@RaginPhoenix wrote:
Yea im really confused about this whole thing. Where has the development gone into? The extra years?

Certainly not the menu,
Certainly not the guns,
Certainly not fixing grenades,
Certainly not fixing all the camera collisions,
Certainly not making lobbies,
Certainly not in character customization,
Certainly not the interface.

WHERE did the effort go to? Id like to see development and time allocation for this project. I have a feeling they just dicked around in the beginning and then hastily threw it all together in the end.

I can make a better menu system, a better waiting lobby, a better choose weapon screen.

Polish.


Signing out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: After Playing for a week   

Back to top Go down
 
After Playing for a week
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SOCOM DISCUSSIONS :: SOCOM U.S. NAVY SEALS-
Jump to: