SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

After Playing for a week - Page 2 Empty Re: After Playing for a week

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:18 pm
NAME-LESS wrote:

I have a couple things of my own to add to this, as I've began to get really frustrated with this game since PS+ got it.

Cover System - It needs to be removed from classic ASAP. It's a game breaker and people are hardcore camping because of it.

Map Design - This is something they can't fix, but I feel the need to express my pains. Littering a map with objects is not the right way to deal with open spaces. There is supposed to be certain spots of maps that you are vulnerable in, it gives a map character. These maps are incredibly symmetrical. Both sides of the map are same. Once again, balance is not meant to be created by symmetry, but proper imbalance creates the best balance.

The maps are clearly made with the cover system in mind. All walls have three different possible heights, and they are cut way to even. Crouching behind a wall leaves your head exposed because the wall heights are designed for the cover system instead of being designed for being unique, to give a map character, forcing you to use the cover system if you wish to live.

Sniping - No words can describe how they have ruined my favorite job. It used to be a job, a specialty, that somebody was designated with.

Grenade throwing - Incredibly inaccurate and paired with lag spell disaster. If they don't want to bring back the arc at least make them accurate, that way when you have skill you can get off the perfect frag.

Knifing - The knife shouldn't be a viable tactic in CQC, especially to the point where it is more effective than a gun. Get rid of it!

Movement speed - It is too fast now, plain and simple IMO.

Sound - This one of the most important things in a shooter, and I need to know if someone is walking up behind me and where I can expect to here people. Example, In Kasbah if somebody ran through the tunnels you would here it, and you could expect your position to be given away if you used them.

When I'm in the boat and somebody is walking up behind me, I should be able to hear them, but half of the time I can't. and the I'll be 20 feet away from the boat and I hear them loud and clear. Consistency is VERY important.

Guns in general - First of all, every gun that can equip a suppressor, should have it available at some point. The same goes for the other attachments. I don't care if the gun has more than 5 possible attachments, give it more mod levels than another gun. So what if it is better than another gun, don't nerf a gun just because it's good. The other guns will find their own niche. Believe it or not, a lot of people use bad guns on purpose, be it for preference or for a challenge.

Also the 416 is pissing me off, it keeps killing me in one bullet, but that's fine.....LEAVE IT ALONE, it's a great gun!

That's all for now, but I'm sure something else will piss me off quite soon.

Hmmm. You and I have some very similar opinions.

The sound is terrible imo. Generic gun sounds that seem randomly thrown in.

Showing where you get shot from seems a bit off. Sometimes they said the guy is behind me but hes to the side or high up.

I agree with the speed thing because people seem to be able to run faster than you can shoot from left to right.

CQC is a joke honestly. Either you waste a whole clip and the guys seems to dodge every bullet. Or someone gets a headshot in 1 or 2 bullets.

Headshots seem to be given so easily. Just spray the head area and you'll be rewarded more than actually trying to land 5 or 6 bullets.

SMGS have better range than AR? Doesn't make sense.

But the point i love the most, is they diminished the role of the sniper. My favourite position. Gone, useless. Made me sad.

ARGGGHH the more I play it the sadder I get. They really went backwards here in terms of SOCOM gameplay.
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:42 pm
RaginPhoenix wrote:
Hmmm. You and I have some very similar opinions.

The sound is terrible imo. Generic gun sounds that seem randomly thrown in.

Showing where you get shot from seems a bit off. Sometimes they said the guy is behind me but hes to the side or high up.

I agree with the speed thing because people seem to be able to run faster than you can shoot from left to right.

CQC is a joke honestly. Either you waste a whole clip and the guys seems to dodge every bullet. Or someone gets a headshot in 1 or 2 bullets.

Headshots seem to be given so easily. Just spray the head area and you'll be rewarded more than actually trying to land 5 or 6 bullets.

SMGS have better range than AR? Doesn't make sense.

But the point i love the most, is they diminished the role of the sniper. My favourite position. Gone, useless. Made me sad.

ARGGGHH the more I play it the sadder I get. They really went backwards here in terms of SOCOM gameplay.

We do very much seem to be on the same page. I just remembered one of my biggest problems with this game. How in fuck did they decide what team got what weapons!?

The Insurgents have the god damn M4. Just because Spec Ops get the 416, a similar gun doesn't mean you have to match it with the M4 on the Insurgents. I guess everybody has a one track mind for were balance some from. Even and Balance are not synonyms. Making the teams have weapons with similar stats and similar terrain on the maps is not how to properly create balance.

G36, shouldn't be an Insurgent gun. F2000, should not be an insurgent gun. Dk2, shouldn't be on the Spec Ops side. MP7, should not be an Insurgent weapon. Is it really that hard? Good Guys have more weapons, a better arsenal than the Bad Guys now? They always have, and it makes for a more authentic experience.

Want more Insurgent guns? Go find some that they should have then. There was this weapon that used to be in the game called the AUG 77, try it out. How about a good old classic, the AK-47?

I really hope the full game has more weapons than the beta. I know they don't have the M110 and the M14 in beta, but do in the real game.
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:46 pm
Yea im really confused about this whole thing. Where has the development gone into? The extra years?

Certainly not the menu,
Certainly not the guns,
Certainly not fixing grenades,
Certainly not fixing all the camera collisions,
Certainly not making lobbies,
Certainly not in character customization,
Certainly not the interface.

WHERE did the effort go to? Id like to see development and time allocation for this project. I have a feeling they just dicked around in the beginning and then hastily threw it all together in the end.

I can make a better menu system, a better waiting lobby, a better choose weapon screen.
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:55 pm
RaginPhoenix wrote:Yea im really confused about this whole thing. Where has the development gone into? The extra years?

Certainly not the menu,
Certainly not the guns,
Certainly not fixing grenades,
Certainly not fixing all the camera collisions,
Certainly not making lobbies,
Certainly not in character customization,
Certainly not the interface.

WHERE did the effort go to? Id like to see development and time allocation for this project. I have a feeling they just dicked around in the beginning and then hastily threw it all together in the end.

I can make a better menu system, a better waiting lobby, a better choose weapon screen.

Polish.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum