WE ARE [SF] SOCOM FANS

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

PS3 XMB listing some friends at the bottom?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

PostSubject: PS3 XMB listing some friends at the bottom?   Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:50 pm

This has been bugging me since the last Firmware update, but a few of my friends now show up on the bottom of my list of online friends. I know my friend has the same problem, so can I assume its happening to everyone? Does anyone know what's causing this?

I thought it might be PS+ members at first, but thats definitely not it. I thoguht maybe it had to do with the Region you were in, cause i have a friends who live in Canada, but thats not it either cause i have a friend in Pennsylvania who is also listed at the bottom. Is there any real explanation for this? or a fix?

Back to top Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: PS3 XMB listing some friends at the bottom?   Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:07 pm

I hadn't noticed it yet, I will log on tonight and see if it is happening with me also.

Back to top Go down
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/
B1LLYBAD
REAVER
REAVER

PostSubject: Re: PS3 XMB listing some friends at the bottom?   Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:52 am

yes same thing has happened to me
and half of my friends also.

Back to top Go down
http://poetry-soul.4umer.net
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

PostSubject: Re: PS3 XMB listing some friends at the bottom?   Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:28 am

(>B<)B1LLYBAD wrote:
yes same thing has happened to me
and half of my friends also.

It's only about 4 or 5 of my friends that appear down there, but yea, I almost dont realize they're on because they are usually names at the top of my list, alphabetically. Its funky.

Back to top Go down
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

PostSubject: Re: PS3 XMB listing some friends at the bottom?   Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:17 pm

Your talking about while they are signed in they are appearing after the signed out people? Are the playing a game? Watching Netflix? On a Home screen? Could you give me some more details?
Back to top Go down
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: PS3 XMB listing some friends at the bottom?   Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:10 am

I have an issue where one of my friends doesn't appear at all. It really bugs me. It even shows him as online (in the corner it will say 4 even though I can only find 3 of them). He is still registered as a friends, but it doesn't show him in the list.

Signing out.
Back to top Go down
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

PostSubject: Re: PS3 XMB listing some friends at the bottom?   Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:46 am

NAME-LESS wrote:
I have an issue where one of my friends doesn't appear at all. It really bugs me. It even shows him as online (in the corner it will say 4 even though I can only find 3 of them). He is still registered as a friends, but it doesn't show him in the list.

I've had that happen too, but it was long before the most recent patch, and it only happened sometimes -- once in a while really. I never found a "fix" for it, it always fixed itself. Have you tried deleting and re-adding them? I guess thats the most obvious test.

But as for the Friend's list i have now, lets say this was my friends list (people that are ONLINE):

B1LLYBAD
DlTCH
FrUsTeRaTeD-
KRIS2001
NAME-LESS
PAUL-AWOL-
RaginPhoenix

everything is in proper alphabetical order.

Now after the update, its something similar to this:

DlTCH
FrUsTeRaTeD-
KRIS2001
PAUL-AWOL-
B1LLYBAD <--
NAME-LESS <--
RaginPhoenix <--

The people at the bottom are still in alphabetical order....but almost as if its a second list. Like for no reason a couple names on my list are permanantly set at the bottom of my ONLINE friends.

Back to top Go down
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

PostSubject: Re: PS3 XMB listing some friends at the bottom?   Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:48 am

Does it put the people that are online but not playing anything at the bottom? Maybe people watching netflix go to the bottom? How about what game they are playing. Maybe people playing the same game as you come to the top.
Back to top Go down
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

PostSubject: Re: PS3 XMB listing some friends at the bottom?   Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:07 am

Nah, it really doesn't make any sense. And its only my ONLINE friends list, and its only a few people who, regardless of what they are doing.

Things that definitely are not the cause:

-Netflix
-Playing a game
-Not playing a game
-Name alphabetically
-Having a comment/no comment up
-PS+
-Region
-Date friend was added
-Status (online vs away)
-New Avatar
-Old avatar
-

Possabilities that i can't prove/disprove:
-Whether they have Synced their Trophies
-

**(I will update this as i think of things)**

Back to top Go down
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

PostSubject: Re: PS3 XMB listing some friends at the bottom?   Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:12 am

How about

- ordered by when you last messaged each other
- Played the same game as you
- Clan or some kinda affiliation that you have with them in a game
- ordered by when they signed in
- ordered by amount of trophies

Just trying to find the cause. Any of these apply?
Back to top Go down
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

PostSubject: Re: PS3 XMB listing some friends at the bottom?   Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:29 am

Well let me put it this way: they are ALWAYS down there now. Anything thats a variable that can change (i.e. last messaged, clan, sign in/out) can't be it because they are permanently down there now. And Its the same on my friend's Friend list, cause the same people are at the bottom. I really don't know, lol. Its strange.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 XMB listing some friends at the bottom?   

Back to top Go down

PS3 XMB listing some friends at the bottom?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SOCOM DISCUSSIONS :: SOCOM U.S. NAVY SEALS-
Jump to: