Share | 

Booted up Socom 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

PostSubject: Booted up Socom 2   Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:21 am

Man I booted up Socom 2 the other day just for fun and suddenly the memories hit.

Anyone remember working hard to get those wings? Then making sure people knew you earned it rather than sitting in a room all day with a game shark controller.

Gosh the maps were amazing. None were alike. All maps were really thought out and really had the gameplay in mind.

Gun variety. You could just do so much.

But I miss the lobbies the most. Going through the servers I remembered the memories in each of them. I remembered the all nighters. Seeing 256/256 but hitting join anyways hoping you get in. Clan rooms where you go in and war with other clans. Recruitment rooms.

Sad I just want a game that give that back to me.
Back to top Go down
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Booted up Socom 2   Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:47 am

RaginPhoenix wrote:
Man I booted up Socom 2 the other day just for fun and suddenly the memories hit.

Anyone remember working hard to get those wings? Then making sure people knew you earned it rather than sitting in a room all day with a game shark controller.

Gosh the maps were amazing. None were alike. All maps were really thought out and really had the gameplay in mind.

Gun variety. You could just do so much.

But I miss the lobbies the most. Going through the servers I remembered the memories in each of them. I remembered the all nighters. Seeing 256/256 but hitting join anyways hoping you get in. Clan rooms where you go in and war with other clans. Recruitment rooms.

Sad I just want a game that give that back to me.

I was a filthy cookie Sad. I was a kid so I didn't get to play quite enough to get them. I can't go online with my PS2 anymore, so I can't go back and play them:(. I'm going to miss the good ol' tryout rooms. The first time rank is meaningless in Socom, and they decide against UCRR and lobbies.

Come to think of it, I had a cookie in S3/CA also. Do you have CA Ragin?

Signing out.
Back to top Go down
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

PostSubject: Re: Booted up Socom 2   Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:16 pm

Man I remember the crazy hours put in to go from that cookie to the wings. Weekends were dedicated to Socom.

Never got CA. I played Socom 3 for a while but honestly the large maps weren't my thing. I hated having to get in a vehicle or boat just to find the last guy on an island somewhere. Also I was in first year uni at the time and was swamped.

Didn't hear great things about CA though. Was it any good nameless?

Oh and why can't you go online on your ps2?
Back to top Go down
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Booted up Socom 2   Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:25 pm

RaginPhoenix wrote:
Man I remember the crazy hours put in to go from that cookie to the wings. Weekends were dedicated to Socom.

Never got CA. I played Socom 3 for a while but honestly the large maps weren't my thing. I hated having to get in a vehicle or boat just to find the last guy on an island somewhere. Also I was in first year uni at the time and was swamped.

Didn't hear great things about CA though. Was it any good nameless?

Oh and why can't you go online on your ps2?

It's my personal favorite. I love the Co-op. Map design was much better this time around, but I'm pretty sure Prowler was just as big(if not bigger) as
Killing Fields. Still loved that map though.

I can't go online because my TV is nowhere close to my router.

Signing out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Booted up Socom 2   

Back to top Go down

Booted up Socom 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SOCOM DISCUSSIONS :: SOCOM U.S. NAVY SEALS-
Jump to: