SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

I cant stand it - Page 2 Empty Re: I cant stand it

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:58 am
NAME-LESS wrote:
RaginPhoenix wrote:2) D-pad lean will not make an appearance. It is not feasible. Almost every glitch was triggered due to the lean back in previous Socom's and it is impossible to program that many camera collisions. It would break the game.

Come on any of the old games with me, especially Socom 2 and I will show you just how wrong you are. In Crossroads I could find a way into any wall and get on any roof and not once do you have to use the lean. You can't blame a feature for solid ground being paper thin. Don't you dare even mention soft spotting. There is multiple spots in Fallen where you can just prone and you will go under the map. EVERYTHING can be exploited and lean doesn't add to it, and it definitely doesn't even make up a tenth of all the glitches.

They've even said it can be done so don't cover for them.

You do yourself no credit by bragging about glitching. I have no tolerance for glitchers.

That said, Ragin is right that adding Dpad lean will require a TON of extra programming for collisions on the entire map for every map. Lean WAS a problem with glitching and going inside walls in past socoms, so its really no surprise they didn't implement it.

But, on a number of occasions I would be behind cover and wish I had the lean option, cause the only other way to do it is to walk to the edge of the cover you are behind and lean out, which exposes you before you even lean to anyone not directly in front of you.

NAME-LESS wrote:
RaginPhoenix wrote:3) Maybe your memory fails you but the cover system never existed in classic mode. It was not until the COMMUNITY put up a petition thread asking for it that they decided to add it. They do what the community wants and then you still shit on them for listening?

It's funny how quickly they changed that based on the feedback of only a couple of people. It seems to me that they wanted it all along and those few people were used as validation. I never signed that petition. I'm pretty damn sure DlTCH wasn't a part of it either. I don't think very many people petitioned it at all.

I remember an argument that Etags was in the game because people don't like campers and that they were simply listening to the community even though had ignored all of the threads saying no radar or anything that gives away the enemies exact location. They aren't listening, they are doing what they want.

I don't think Cover should be in Classic mode. The more i play Classic, the more camping I see. More than anything i see a lot of people laying down in grass or hiding PERFECTLY in a bush. The camping behind Cover has become bullshit, and every game ends up being a hunt for the last 2 guys in a map with a MILLION places to be invisible behind cover.

Etags need to return. Yea, I don't give a fuck about what anyone else thinks about this because I've played game after game where people are just hiding and hiding and hiding and you know what it is? Its STUPID. Its a waste of time. Hell I would almost welcome people to my location if I was last and hiding. I want everyone to come to me so I can slaughter them all as they come. I dont want to be killed by a fucking shrub in their spawn in the last 30 seconds.

NAME-LESS wrote:
RaginPhoenix wrote:4) Honestly, the grenade arcs are a babying assist. There is no way you should have unlimited time to hold your grenade to fine tune your arc so that it lands perfectly. Players are better at gaming and this assist just shouldn't exist. Once they make grenades go where you throw them, it will be fine.

So you shouldn't be able to do what any human being can do? Calculate the range, calculate the height and then throw at the angle and strength to account for those calculations. Without the grenade arc you always throw at full strength. The grenade arc is a simulation of adjusting your strength, something very real that isn't possible without it.

Grenade arc is a core Socom element and needs to return. In real life, If I'm within 10-15 feet, I can put any grenade-like-object through a window/door/etc. with almost absolute precision. My character does not have hurl every grenade he throws like he's throwing a football. The Arc is, like NAME-LESS said, the adjustment of power and height when throwing. Maybe they could do without the arc, and just have a power meter that adjusts to the pressure put on the trigger button. But regardless they NEED one or the other -- grenades in this game are bogus, to say the least.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum