SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
DtotheROC
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

new player to socom over here.  add me i'm pickin up confrontation tonight. Empty new player to socom over here. add me i'm pickin up confrontation tonight.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:16 pm
Before you all hate on me cuz i'ma "noob" i can say i'm an older PC gamer who loves his counterstrike BUT i always wanted to play a socom. after recently having a PS3 finding out about s4 i was pretty excited til i played it and joined the forums. I'm picking up confrontation tonight hoping to get the "socom feel" that i keep hearing is so great. I love games but i'm sick of everything being teh same. i want different and somehting that i can actually use my military background on. If you guys deem I'm worthy to hang-out/play against or with, hit me up when you're on confrontation next please: psn= DtotheROC thanks everyone. hoping you all have an excellent day. sorry to you vets about S4 that they watered it down on ya.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

new player to socom over here.  add me i'm pickin up confrontation tonight. Empty Re: new player to socom over here. add me i'm pickin up confrontation tonight.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:36 pm
Welcome to the forum, Confrontation is a good game. I am also getting Socom 4 so may be I can see you on that also.
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

new player to socom over here.  add me i'm pickin up confrontation tonight. Empty Re: new player to socom over here. add me i'm pickin up confrontation tonight.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:51 pm
DtotheROC wrote:Before you all hate on me cuz i'ma "noob" i can say i'm an older PC gamer who loves his counterstrike BUT i always wanted to play a socom. after recently having a PS3 finding out about s4 i was pretty excited til i played it and joined the forums. I'm picking up confrontation tonight hoping to get the "socom feel" that i keep hearing is so great. I love games but i'm sick of everything being teh same. i want different and somehting that i can actually use my military background on. If you guys deem I'm worthy to hang-out/play against or with, hit me up when you're on confrontation next please: psn= DtotheROC thanks everyone. hoping you all have an excellent day. sorry to you vets about S4 that they watered it down on ya.

Welcome, always nice to see new people picking the game up. What kind of PS3 do you have? If you have the backwards compatible one you should look into getting a PS2 Socom. It would put your background to better use.
DtotheROC
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:32 am
hey i just got it, read the manual, and i'm so stoked to play this game. one quesion though, what is encumbrance? i mean i know it means it's an inhibiting factor but how will it affect gameplay? like can i not go prone for instance or jump or turn with specific weapons and gear? and i really had no idea the customization available in this game before. mine's installing now but i have the feeling it's going to take all night for al teh updates and stuff so sometime tomorrow after my workout i plan to jump online. I'm in wisconsin, united states, so i'll be on whateve region is closest to central standard time so feel free to add me and i'd love to just play some elimination til i get the hang of this and then i really wanna do some demo or extraction if anyone's willing to play with me. oh and to whoever asked me abotu ps2 capabilities i'm really not srue to be honest, all i know is this is a FAT ps3 lol. I'll keep an eye out for that though. but then what? do i buy s2 from psn or something? cuz i have no idea where i'd find that game.
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:03 am
Yeah, as DlTCH said, there would probably be one at Gamestop. It's $4.99 at mine.

When you do play Con I suggest going light. Even though you take less bullets you will be harder to hit and more effective in battle.

If you go with AR's use a M4A1 and a 552, as they are by far the easiest to use and quite effective.

If you decide to go with SMGs, use a HK7(the HK5 is also good, but with smaller magazine and lower rate of fire it will be harder to get a kill) and an F90.

For the most important thing, use the classic camera view, even if you don't prefer it over OTS, the wider field of view will compensate for anything you don't like about it.

As for knowing if your PS3 is backwards compatible, if it is a 20GB or 60GB it is BC. If it is a 40GB or 160GB it is not BC. If it is an 80GB check your USB slots. If you have 2 slots it is not BC. If you have 4 slots it is. The PS3 with 4 USBs will also have a flash card reader above them.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum