WE ARE [SF] SOCOM FANS

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE SO PLEASE READ.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE SO PLEASE READ.   Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:48 pm

I want to thank everyone I know for hanging in there with me through out the years of gaming, it has been really fast and I can't believe Socom 1 was played by most of us in 2002. We all have seen a lot of changes over the years in the gaming Industry and to be honest I don't get it, games in my opinion have gone down hill with no original basis. Socom was our game that started it all and I sure miss those days of gaming.

I was fortunate enough to have been selected to fly out to Zipper and Beta Test Socom 4. which wasn't what I expected but Zipper did wine and dine us properly. Hopefully I will get the chance in 2012 to Beta Test a real Socom game, fingers crossed.

On another note, have a safe New Year and I hope all your dreams and wishes come true. My New Years resolution is to spend more time with my Family and lose a few pounds I have picked up since retiring from the Service this November.

Keep in touch and don't lose faith, I think this year will bring a game that will grab our attention "SOCOM 5" so we can resume gaming the way we know how. Nothing better than gaming with my on-line buds drinking a brew and shooting the shit.

Cyall on the virtual battlefield.

http://www.beerclan.biz/

Back to top Go down
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/
GenSpall
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

PostSubject: Re: I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE SO PLEASE READ.   Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:50 pm

Ok, I'm a little confused...your post date is just a bit over a month ago. What exactly did you beta test on SOCOM 4? New stuff?

Only the dead are without fear.
Back to top Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE SO PLEASE READ.   Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:53 pm

This may clear things up.

http://www.socomfan.com/t461-the-18-who-went-to-zipper-complied-info-thread

Back to top Go down
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/
Drumcat
REAVER
REAVER

PostSubject: Re: I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE SO PLEASE READ.   Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:51 am

Hear hear, Paul. And thank you for being a great steward for the movement.
Back to top Go down
Rabbit
REAVER
REAVER

PostSubject: Re: I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE SO PLEASE READ.   Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:11 am

PAUL-AWOL- wrote:
We all have seen a lot of changes over the years in the gaming Industry and to be honest I don't get it, games in my opinion have gone down hill with no original basis.
I couldn't agree more. This refocusing of the video game industry on "casual" gamer demographic has really rubbed many hardcore gamers like us the wrong way. There was a time when every game franchise was different and catered to a specific gamer type. You had Halo for the action shooter fans, SOCOM and Rainbow 6 for the tactical shooter fans, Final Fantasy for the RPG fans, Resident Evil and Silent Hill for the survival horror fans, God of War for the hack & slash/action fans, Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia for the platformer fans... Now everything takes its cues from Call of Duty and the whole industry has become multiplayer-centric.

I've always felt the PS1/PS2 era (I know there are other consoles, I just don't want to list them all Razz) was the golden era of gaming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE SO PLEASE READ.   

Back to top Go down

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE SO PLEASE READ.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SOCOM DISCUSSIONS :: SOCOM U.S. NAVY SEALS-
Jump to: