SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
RadRon
JESTER
JESTER

Sony PlayStation 4 destined for a Christmas 2013 release date - Page 2 Empty Re: Sony PlayStation 4 destined for a Christmas 2013 release date

Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:53 am
now im kinda leaning toward the new xbox, ps4 dosnt look to impressive to me,
Admin
Admin
OPS COM
OPS COM
https://socomfans.forumotion.net

Sony PlayStation 4 destined for a Christmas 2013 release date - Page 2 Empty Re: Sony PlayStation 4 destined for a Christmas 2013 release date

Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:11 pm
Looks like YouTube and Facebook designed it.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:32 pm
Like I said earlier, if there is no Socom game to be played on the PS4,, I'm not buying it. If we are able to play Socom 1, 2, 3 and Combined Assualt on-line again using the PS4,, I will be in line to buy one 1st day release.
scorpion
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:13 pm
Sorry to say but Socom is kaput.. no mas, finite, dead, muerto. I'm am the farthest from a Socom hater by far too. But it's like praying for Delorian to make a new car because you loved Back 2 the Future.

It's over. At this point we (fans of the older Socom games) can't even get a decent TPS much less an actual Socom title. Confrontation was the last of the last games that will be likely to offer the true (or as close to true as next gen could get) Socom experience, and that was half assed (blame the cell processor, Sony, Slant 6.. doesn't matter).

Every TPS out these days offer OTS views and multiple other non Socom-ish bs. Not to mention that most of us have out grown the TPS in general. Being able to see around corners etc. I and many others actually prefer FPS for reason like that. It's pretty common knowledge that the developers of the games as well as the game engines have decided that the OTS view gives us the player a more intimate feel of the game. In non shooters or less shooting centered games like Assassins Creed or The Last of Us for example I actually completely agree with this. But in an actual third person SHOOTER where that is the main focus... OTS is garbage. The feeling is awkward and you honestly don't want an "intimate feel". What you want is run and kill without having half the screen blocked from view.

No matter which way you slice it, this is nothing that we all haven't been over a million trillion times. The horse is dead and it's time to stop beating it. PAC-MAN, Contra, Socom.. it's on the wall with the greats now. Time to move on. Find your niche somewhere else or hang up the gloves.

Now you'll say but but but.. and have a million trillion excuses, rebuttles, retorts but they'll all be null because the games aren't being made. Socom is the only Socom and there is NO substitutes. There are games or developers that pop up every so often that promise to make or have developed a game that is Socom-esque but they always fall short because they are missing some vital piece of the puzzle. Lobbies, custom games, true TPS (classic Socom).. the list goes on and on.

We all say well if S2 HD dropped today we'd be all over it. But seriously how much time would you devote to an old HD remake?? How many of the "old clan" members would come back to relive the glory days. One.. two.. maybe three if you're lucky?? We're like old men sitting in the bar talking about old sports players debating who was the best and knowing we'll never have the answer.

It's EXTREMELY difficult to let go.. but you have to. It's over. And so is this intervention.

Regards,

PAs_SCORPION

http://proassassins1.proboards.com
Admin
Admin
OPS COM
OPS COM
https://socomfans.forumotion.net

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:17 pm
Scorpion,,,

What if,, this is a big what if,, the Socom franchise makes a come back on the PS4, will you guys be hitting up the PS4 to play Socom again, or let it go away and be happy with the glory days.

I will buy a PS4 if there is a new Socom game announced or I can play the older Socom PS2 games using some type of cloud servers. If there is not a Socom game for the PS4 I will not buy one,, what's your take on that ?
scorpion
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:34 pm
I am buying a PS4 regardless. If it happens hey great, another game to throw into the mix. If it doesn't (which is what I truly expect because nothing leads me to believe otherwise) then so be it. It doesn't make me any difference. Honestly I expect CoD4 to be the PS4 launch title. Much to the shagrin of Socomers everywhere.

I won't be making a "comeback" because I've never left. I just stopped playing the distorted versions of Socom that these ass hats keep trying to put out there. I play CoD, BF3, and other non shooter games. My clan and I have had fun on games like Red Dead, GTA, Gran Turismo.. etc. We don't need Socom to have fun. It was a great tool for all of us to meet back in it's time, but now we've excepted it's fate.

If a new game was released would I buy it? Most likely.. I mean I bought the abomination that was Socom 4 just because it was a Socom title. Played it for about two or three weeks and then it just collected dust. It wasn't Socom.. it was a shooter that had the Socom title.

Regarding the PS4.. it's gonna be beastly compared to PS3. Redesigned architecture that is WAY easier to program for. No more lopsided comparisons between PS and Xbox. In actuality from the specs that are currently floating out there the PS4 should outperform the Xbox in pretty much every way. (not like PS3 was supposed to do either) Switching back to PC architecture and dropping the cell processor was the smartest thing Sony has done since PS2 dropped. Finally we can get some really good development. Also dropping the ass ugle XMB for a more Windows 8 / Smart phone style interface that is easy to navigate and adding social media tie ins is brilliant. Screw having a friends list with limits I want to have as many friends as I want and be able to share the knife I just stuck in your back! lol.

Long story short.. PS4 = YES, Socom = W/E
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:40 pm
Yeah,, I talk big now,, LOL,, but my Clan will end up pressuring my ass into buying a PS4, I see it coming. This happens with every new shooter game that comes out, we all buy it looking for great clan play and end up pissed off because in all honesty we are looking for a Socom replacement.
My Clan loves to play Battlefield and COD at the moment. Not too big into sports games, wish we were, would be cool to light it up on some Madden 13.

We all know COD will be there for the PS4, no doubt in my mind, and that may be the kicker for me to buy it because my Clan will be playing it..
My hope is the older PS2 Socom games can be played on-line again using some type of dedicated server system,, that would keep me satisfied until a new Socom game is announced,, if ever. Which I am with you on this, I think Socom is dead and long gone.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum