SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
RadRon
JESTER
JESTER

Sony confirms gameplay capture through HDMI will not be supported at launch; will come later through a patch. Empty Sony confirms gameplay capture through HDMI will not be supported at launch; will come later through a patch.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:59 pm
Sony has confirmed that the feature will not be available at launch.
President of Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida confirmed the news on Twitter (via Videogamer). Gameplay capture through HDMI will come later through a post-launch patch.
The PlayStation 3 used HDCP copy protection over an HDMI connection, forcing users looking to record in-game content to use analogue cables such as component.
The PlayStation 4's OS software will also allow users to record and stream clips of their games without the need for additional hardware.
The next-generation console will launch on November 15 in North America for $399, and on November 29 in Europe .
RadRon
JESTER
JESTER

Sony confirms gameplay capture through HDMI will not be supported at launch; will come later through a patch. Empty Re: Sony confirms gameplay capture through HDMI will not be supported at launch; will come later through a patch.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:45 pm
O.M.G. so your going to release the PS4 playback  with an analog display of a ps2 quality . WHAT A JOKE !!!! Sony is going to be the LAUGHING STOCK OF GAME CONSULES !!! no wonder why XBOX1 is outselling PS4 now. that they all of a sudden stopped preorders . they are going to have so many  complaints !!!! they should be ashamed !!!they are hoping for the update in feb.   L.M.F.A.O.  What a joke. ..... so everybody expecting to see amazing graphics on the ps4 will have a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT !!!! SAD.............................................

Last edited by RadRon on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Sony confirms gameplay capture through HDMI will not be supported at launch; will come later through a patch. Empty Re: Sony confirms gameplay capture through HDMI will not be supported at launch; will come later through a patch.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:31 pm
This is not a good start for Sony.. Always something with this company..
RadRon
JESTER
JESTER

Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:55 pm
heres some more great news from Sony , NOT !!

Since the PS3 has HDCP enabled whenever it is running video over HDMI, it makes capturing video over component the only legal way to record HD game play. On the other hand, the Xbox 360 only enables HDCP encryption when protected video is playing, so games are unaffected. The worry with HDMI-only consoles is that HDCP could stand in the way of easy video capture, and having analog output nullifies that fear completely.

Microsoft isn’t exactly in a consumer-friendly mood lately, so always-on HDCP encryption for the Xbox One is presumed at this point. That said, it has yet to be confirmed one way or the other. Whether the PS4 will have always-on HDCP encryption over HDMI remains to be seen as well, but the support for analog output puts my mind at ease

On Sony’s own PS4 Tech Specs page, the company lists “Analog-AV out” as a feature. Presumably, that settles the question, right? Not quite. Since the PS4 event at E3 last week, I started to see some members of the tech and gaming press refer to the PS4 as HDMI-only. I asked around, and I was told by Giant Bomb’s Jeff Gerstmann that Sony’s site had “old information.” I was left baffled at the situation, so I went straight to the source — Sony.

PS4 Tech Specs

I emailed a press contact at Sony, and I asked “Can you confirm or deny analog-AV out support with the PS4?” Not long afterward, I received a clear and concise answer in the affirmative. The Sony representative said “The information on our website is correct.” So, as it stands, Sony has officially confirmed to ExtremeTech that analog output will be supported with the PS4.

Where did the confusion start? Partially, I believe it’s due to the ambiguous labeling of the back of the PS4. It sports an optical out, an HDMI out, an ethernet port, and an “Aux” port. It seems that most people are assuming that the auxiliary port will be used exclusively with the PS4′s camera peripheral. Instead, the auxiliary port could function as a method of serving an analog signal from the PS4. It’s not confirmed how it works just yet, but that seems like the most likely scenario. Truth be told, HDMI-to-component or USB-to-component are also possible implementations.

Another point of confusion could be this press release Sony sent out during E3. It doesn’t mention the analog-AV out, so that explains why some outlets would assume that there would be no analog support.

PS4 Close Up

If true, the existence of analog output is outstanding news to those of us with older TVs lacking HDMI ports, but this means much more than that. High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) is often enabled on devices sending out video over HDMI, and that can make capturing high definition game footage extremely difficult for outlets, like our sister site IGN. Even normal gamers are impacted because video walkthroughs and “Let’s Play” videos will become increasingly harder to accomplish using traditional means.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:25 pm
Just keeps getting worse
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum