SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Hey Socomn peeps. Empty Hey Socomn peeps.

Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:56 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
There's a bit of a rift going on over at TRS where it appears that certain people worked hard at dividing the community to the point of obsession and then when the chips didn't fall the way they expected them to they played the victim card and reinvented who it was that was trying to divide the community and the moderation has decided to back them fully. It is for that reason that even if this community isn't very active I'd rather just shoot the shit here and get away from the drama and their enablers.

Hopefully we can talk about getting together for some nights with friends on x-link and just do away with the whole "community" and "brand" nonsense and people trying to claim possession of this and that and using politically motivated criteria for whose side they take while pretending to have a no tolerance policy for getting political lol .

It would also be nice if we could get that Paul Awol character out of hiding so we can lob some grenades on him on X-link.

One last thing I will say is I really don't care who people play with. If guys want to play with us some nights, and play with others who play CA some nights that's 100% fine by me. If you like CA and you want to play CA by all means go play with the guys playing CA. If you're in the mood for some S2 and want to play with us that's fine to. But if the goal is to join our nights just to gather intel to then hand off to a certain someone to start the drama he lives for, then that would be the only thing I would have a problem with personally. Our nights are not about "brands" and wars for control lol, it's just guys who are friends who want to play, have a good time, and not have debbie downers jumping on soap boxes pretending to be offended by everything just because they want to look good in the eyes of others. That's what the problem is, that is what the other side of this drama doesn't understand. The war going on is in their head. We just want to play and have fun and relax, not get political lectures on what is socially acceptable. We jump on to play to get away from all that nonsense. If we want to get lectured about that stuff we don't play Socom we turn on CNN.

If you find any content in this post to be a bit too much Paul feel free to edit this message down to your liking. I'm just explaining why I am here and that is the last I will say on the subject of what is going on over on TRS and why I feel like many members of the community no longer feel welcome there and are now looking for other venues in which to talk some Socom.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Hey Socomn peeps. Empty Re: Hey Socomn peeps.

Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:01 pm
What up TOMB,, you and I have been forum buddies for years and I will hop back on Xlink tonight if you wanna run a few games. 

Sorry to see all the drama over at TRS, I knew the Social Media was getting thick over there.. I have always tried to stay neutral when it comes to drama..

Our forum is very open and I never edit unless it's sexual, racial or straight up dog cussing some one out.. Say what you want here, that's what it's supposed to be like. 

I hope you guys stick around and shoot the shit more often.

Also, check out the chat box.. Thats pretty cool to have when you just want to shoot the shit with out hitting send and waiting for replies back..
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:20 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I don't know if I will get on tonight Paul but I try to many nights even when there isn't a community event going on. Like I said I just like to play the game so I'm happy with a group of friends or one friend or rolling solo.  If you log on to x-link and see my name in the x-link lobby I am never there idle for long. If I am not responding in the lobby it just means I am in a room playing or I hopped out for a few minutes to have a cigarette or make an instant coffee before I jump back in another room. My PS 2 is not close to my comp so if you say "sup Tomb" in x-link lobby and get no response it's likely I am in one of the rooms playing. So just room hop until you find the one with my name in it. I know one night I was playing I saw you popped in and said whats up to me but your name was already gone from the room by the time I got back to the PC to see the message in the x-link lobby. I'm not one to leave my x-link on all night after I stopped playing so if you see my name there it should mean I am definitely on and active.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:27 pm
I feel ya on that.. My biggest issue with all the live streaming going on is that I can't be myself on the game.. 

The last time I played with Mack and a few others on CA I went off on one of my split personality performances and got the mute button.. Slowly after that the streamer left the room to play another game because a few of us were cracking up sooo bad that he probably felt it would offend some one..

That's some what one of the reasons why I haven't played as much,, I don't really care much for all the live streaming drama queen rules and regulations.
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:35 pm
For me I just wish more people were into using the in game headsets. They use discord as it's better for streams but it makes me feel abandoned unless Drum is on or an x-link reg joins the room lol. I'm thinking "I spent 50 bucks to get this price gouged headset to play x-link and I'm going to get my money's worth!" lol I did try to set up discord for 3 hours yesterday and when it didn't work on my tablet I punched my favorite coffee mug and shattered it into pieces so I think I have given up on the discord thing. It worked fine when I had my brother help me test it out in a one on one chat but the group discord thing would not show up on my tablet, I could only get it to show up if i logged on my account with the PC so I had to give up on it as the only way I can play and use discord is if I can get it running on my tablet.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:39 pm
I play with guys on Socom CA who all use mics. The discord thing is something TRS guys use rather than using mics.. 

I like using in game mics because that's how the game should be played.. I have used both at the same time now I think about it.. I use my phone for discord and my mic for Socom.
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:59 pm
One thing I need to do is to go get a damn flash drive to get the CA download maps. There has been some nights here and there I have thought about playing some CA even though S2 is my preference most night but don't cause people play with the map packs. It's just tough cause like if a Socom 2 map pops up, I feel like I'd rather play it on S2 with the S2 mechanics and such which are my preference. The only real draw for me with CA is just to play some different maps I can't play on S2.
Anonymous

Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:47 pm
As long as you guys are playing SOCOM and trying to grow the community, I support you 100%. Paul doesn't get enough credit for keeping this place up and going for as long as he has. It's just as old as TRS and I have been a member for almost 7 years now. Cheers!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum