SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Information on the 1st Patch after release. Empty Information on the 1st Patch after release.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:55 pm
zpr_DunhamSmash
Sr. Community Manager

SOCOM 4: RETAIL PATCH NOTES (UPD: MARCH 31, 2011) [ New ]
Options
yesterday PM - last edited 2 hours ago

Hello everyone,

The most common question on the SOCOM 4 beta forums directed at Zipper is easily, “what changes are you guys making based on our feedback with your beta?” While we have answered some of these questions one at a time in various threads, the guarantee that everyone would see those multiple posts is very small. It is with that fact that we’ve put this list together to better inform you of some of the changes and additions you’ll see to the retail version of SOCOM 4 when it hits stores in April.

One note about all changes listed below, these revisions are currently planned for the first patch we will release for the retail version of the game this April, and are not reflective of all planned updates or changes -- just what we can confirm at this time. An exact date for the retail patch has not yet been announced. All listed updates are considered tentative pending Zipper and Sony Computer Entertainment approval, and could be moved to a different patch without notice.

Another patch for the SOCOM 4 beta program is currently not on the schedule, but is possible barring time constraints. Our retail patch is taking priority, however, so an additional patch for the beta will only occur should time allow.

First Patch – SOCOM 4 Retail Version 1.XX
Estimated Release: April 2011

Multiplayer camera pulled further behind character (cuts off at around the mid-to-upper thigh)
Multiplayer camera field of view has been widened by roughly 20%
Firing accuracy has been improved for all weapons and aim modes; first few shots are substantially more accurate (with less accuracy the longer full-auto is employed)
Considerably increased horizontal and vertical recoil to all weapons in ACOG and Red Dot views
Decreased effective range of all SMGs
Reduced throw distance for all grenades
Made improvements to the HUD to make teammate names display above their head if they are onscreen; removed allied names (leaving only icons) when spotting friendlies at a distance;
Made adjustments to XP system so that it takes longer to gain character and weapon mod levels
More to come, stay tuned...

Deployed Patch – SOCOM 4 Beta Version 1.01
Released: March 18, 2011

(Standard) Suppression game length changed to 10 minutes from 20 minutes
(Classic) Suppression rounds changed to 11 from 7
(Classic) Suppression rounds changed to 5 minutes from 7
(Classic) Uplink rounds changed to 11 from 4
(Classic) Uplink game length changed to 5 minutes from 10
(Standard) Last Defense rounds changed to 1 from 3
(Standard) Last Defense minutes changed to 15 from 30
(Classic) Last Defense rounds changed to 11 from 5
(Classic) Last Defense minutes changed to 5 from 11
(Classic) Bomb Squad rounds changed to 10 from 4
(Classic) Bomb Squad minutes changed to 7 from 10

Other Things We're Adjusting/ Changing w/o Details
Estimated Release: TBD (Patch 1 or After)

Improvements to mic communication system to make it more obvious who is talking and who isn't; plus bug fixes associated with this
--------------------
Jeremy Dunham
Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive
**NOTE -- I am NOT accepting solicitation for beta codes**
B1LLYBAD
B1LLYBAD
REAVER
REAVER
http://poetry-soul.4umer.net

Information on the 1st Patch after release. Empty Re: Information on the 1st Patch after release.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:19 pm
looking forward to the camera change
and the mic issues cause the suck play
2 hours and haven't been back maybe
i'll try again tonight fuck i wish the put lobbies
back and get rid of XP & Air strikes fucken gay.
They are losing alot of us Socom Vets cause this
game i hate to say is worst than dig dug.lol i luv
sum dig dug right about now.
Anonymous

Information on the 1st Patch after release. Empty Re: Information on the 1st Patch after release.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:42 pm
big fucking woop about camera pull back and mic,
they shit on the camera view and mic for this reason.
those are 2 easy things that NEVER should have EVEN been an issue!!!
so they fix them knowing this-- " lol noob fans will be so happy about this , that they will actually think we will fix or listen to anything else"
I am not being sarcastic or joking when I say this -I think they did dumb things like
no cover ( too lazy to put in the work to make d-pad lean) in fake classic mode and gay ass etags, so when they change stuff that they damn well know we didnt want in the game anyway -like small easy issues-
people will get false hope, zipper- I am not ignorant or blind to your tricks, Fuck you for trying to fool your loving fans,

vv( muttered under my breathe while shaking my head walking out of the room)vv
cartoony cheesy kiddie fucking UNscocom type game...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum