SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

TRS Forums "read only mode"

+23
KMART
tbird
PAUL-AWOL-
UnSeenDeath88
ChemoFreak7
Peiper
MACK IS GOD
S_L_I_C_K
Oni64
MR.BLUE
Kill_Frosty
SocomDitch
JRiv_Eagle
Bacterin
xCaZx
TOMBSTONE4U
PRE_-CISION-_
Organ-Donor
Tactical Junglist
Buchanans
1UP
eVo7
Admin
27 posters
Go down
Anonymous

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 4 Empty Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:48 pm
People were going to be pissed no matter how much lead time they were given, so yeah the decision to get it done quickly and without warning was purely to save me the literal hours (yes I have experience in that sort of thing) of clean up I'd be facing if a large enough group of sandy vaginas decided to spam the place with all sorts of new threads, posts, etc.

No disrespect but you're being ignorant about how much trash could be made in the time period I stated and how long it could take me to clean it all.
eVo7
eVo7
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:49 pm
Personally I don't blame them. The site was completely dead for a while, the only blip of life over there is when people would cause drama. 

Bascially, I'm not surprised by the shutdown.
1UP
1UP
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA
https://1upsdevelopment.com/

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:51 pm
Animal-_- wrote:Also we didn't slam the door on anyone updating their threads.  Type what you were goung to type anyways, copy/paste into a PM to me and presto!

Pretending we're breaking anyone's back in that way is purely hyperbolic.
Except you did. You couldn't be bothered to moderate your site, what makes you think you are going to go out of your way to deal with pm's of people that want you to update a thread no one can post in? That makes zero sense.
Anonymous

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:57 pm
S_L_I_C_K wrote:
Animal-_- wrote:Also we didn't slam the door on anyone updating their threads.  Type what you were goung to type anyways, copy/paste into a PM to me and presto!

who is going to visit a forum where you cant post?  what would be the point of updating anything?  nobody is going to go back there for anything.
It's a depository of a huge amount of SOCOM information and history that we want to be available for people to go to.  New people can still be pointed to the tutorials and the members who have in the thousands of posts don't lose all that content. 

All this taking about how we're dumping on everyone is again, hyperbolic.  Dumping on you would have been taking the truly easy way and scrubbing the whole thing from the internet forever with no explanation.
1UP
1UP
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA
https://1upsdevelopment.com/

Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:00 pm
Animal-_- wrote:
S_L_I_C_K wrote:

who is going to visit a forum where you cant post?  what would be the point of updating anything?  nobody is going to go back there for anything.
It's a depository of a huge amount of SOCOM information and history that we want to be available for people to go to.  New people can still be pointed to the tutorials and the members who have in the thousands of posts don't lose all that content. 

All this taking about how we're dumping on everyone is again, hyperbolic.  Dumping on you would have been taking the truly easy way and scrubbing the whole thing from the internet forever with no explanation.
Yes, tutorials that can't be updated easily and where feedback can't be given.
Buchanans
Buchanans
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:01 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Shit response to a shit move. 

I've not agreed with a few things that TRS has done over the years. But they, in my opinion, have always treated their own community with respect. I've never seen TRS treat the community AS A WHOLE with the disrespect that they did by locking the forums with no warning. 

Uh oh a few people might shit post that they don't want that to occur, seriously? So nobody else deserves the respect of a heads up? Oh Buchanans changed his avatar see see that's proof we took the right action. No no, you don't get to play that bullshit game. You guys choose to not show respect first, not me or anybody else. Things seemed pretty civil in the other section that isn't even read only anymore before you cut that off. 

Like I said it's not the read only status that I had a problem with but the lack of a heads up respect to the community members that have been on that site for years. Bottom line is that some members will never have interactions others again because the actions that TRS took.
Tactical Junglist
Tactical Junglist
REAVER
REAVER

Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:02 pm
Oh, you guys!!! 

Had to change my name cuz I forgot the password to the old one...

I'm definitely bummed about the whole thing. I get they want things to cool off for a bit, but yeah, they could have given us warning. It's shitty that people that took no part in the "toxicity wars" got the shaft. At least the PM's are open to use, but no more public discussion sucks. Even some of the derailments turned into good convos...
Buchanans
Buchanans
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:14 pm
Well glad to see some people have had the sense to migrate over here. Who won't know though?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum