SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

TRS Forums "read only mode"

+23
KMART
tbird
PAUL-AWOL-
UnSeenDeath88
ChemoFreak7
Peiper
MACK IS GOD
S_L_I_C_K
Oni64
MR.BLUE
Kill_Frosty
SocomDitch
JRiv_Eagle
Bacterin
xCaZx
TOMBSTONE4U
PRE_-CISION-_
Organ-Donor
Tactical Junglist
Buchanans
1UP
eVo7
Admin
27 posters
Go down
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 7 Empty Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:46 pm
A TRS channel would need to change channels once every hour? Are you kidding me? Go watch how Outerheaven runs their MGS channel on Twitch and get back to me. You could have had a group of streamers with a variety of personalities and playstyles taking turns playing SOCOM games in different ways on a daily basis. All of this would have been under the TRS channel, there would have been no admin involvement needed outside of giving the streamers the channel stream access key. The rest would have been totally community driven with people taking turns and shifts. Eseals could have been one angle of this. Instead, ownership decided to pander to eseals, giving them their own section on the forums which nobody visited except when cheaters popped up and spamming twitter feeds with every bit of lame news.

This is what I mean by being out of touch. You could have easily polled the private forums to see what people wanted to do. But you didnt.
xCaZx
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:51 pm
LUKENBACHER wrote:
xCaZx wrote:Why would anyone message you luke? You have been a ghost for several years now. Literally, non-existent..but we're supposed to message you for answers?

It seems you came back for one reason only and that was to shut the place down. 

You also seem to be woefully out of touch with whats happening with various Socom related projects and the communities stance to most of them. You seem to think people just became defensive overnight and have no valid reason for being skeptical about every tom, dick and harry who shows up asking for donations for their project. 

Clearly you guys have zero respect for the people who still frequented TRS.

For being a ghost for that short two years, I sure continued to receive messages and PMs that I continued to answer. You are right in the general viewpoint was that I was gone, but the longtime core still reached out all the time.

You can believe that's why I came back all you want. And if it makes you feel better to think that, I can handle it. If you go back though, you will see I spent a lot of time trying to get some core members to drop some grudges and get along better. If my only goal in coming back was to shut it down, I assure you things would have panned out a bit differently. 

Can you please provide examples of me being out of touch? I am beginning to think that just because I disagree with some of your mentalities that I am being labeled out of touch. What if I absolutely understand them and do not approve of it? 

eSEALs? You mean the movement that was questioned why it even need to exist when it was first announced? Didn't someone yesterday blast the TRS staff for even doing a partnership with them in the first place because no one wanted it? ("We could have had a army of no name streamers offering streams 8 hours a day instead!" - which meant a TRS staff member would need to change out channels every 1-2 hours, everyday all day.) 

The patches for XLINK that maybe 30 people use at the moment that hardly anyone was promoting? And lately I've seen some XLINK peeps tell people not to even worry about the patch for CM nights at times? And the threads with some traffic are long-winded tech support questions? TRS was heavily promoting both projects and met all kinds of resistance and a lack of enthusiasm from the community. But some of you act like it was this glorious thing that the community was rallying behind and we just killed it. Do we even need to bring up SOCOM: INS or H-Hour? We all know how those discussions go. Not exactly a SOCOM fan show piece of posts that we would love Sony to see.

For every argument you can make that claims the TRS staff have zero respect, the same could said about some of our core regarding the reputation of the website and it's decline. I think it's everyone's fault. The staff became less involved, the community dwindled down in numbers, and the community stopped caring about what they wrote and how it would be viewed by outsiders. 

But if you still feel adamant in your viewpoints, feel free to build another TRS and do it the right way. I'll support it if it is something I would be proud to point devs or journalists to as a resource.

Until then, the TRS staff are taking an official break. We are very appreciative of the community for this awesome journey we have had together and it doesn't have to pause on a sour note. But I can understand why people are upset. There was still some good there and a lot of lurkers that have been effected. But when it comes to the bigger picture, it would be nice to preserve TRS while it still has a chance to be taken seriously later by the industry as a whole.

Good luck guys.

Have you asked yourself why those conversations go the way they go? 

H Hour - I shouldn't even have to go into why this project is on nobodies radar anymore. I once had high hopes for H Hour but they treated the community like crap time and time again and its led to a situation where they have very little support other than the people who are still drinking the kool-aid or who are ignorant of the real history with the game. 

Socom INS: Another redline project, the guy has talent, but hes unhinged and its hard to get behind and support a project that you can't help but feel is doomed from the beginning to fail. He shows up with a working game that plays like classic socom..then we can talk. 

I am not sure why you blame people for being skeptical, the community has been taken advantage of time and time again. TRS members have always been well known for asking the tough questions and sometimes giving the cold hard truth. 

But, its cool, I guess we're just supposed to go sit in the corner, like good little dogs, and wait for TRS staff to get off their laurels so we can all come groveling back. You guys just flat out said we couldn't be trusted with a for-warning of the shut down...I am not sure I even want to come back if that is how little you think of the community.
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:56 pm
dizee wrote: You could have had a group of streamers with a variety of personalities and playstyles taking turns playing SOCOM games in different ways on a daily basis. All of this would have been under the TRS channel, there would have been no admin involvement needed outside of giving the streamers the channel stream access key. The rest would have been totally community driven with people taking turns and shifts. Eseals could have been one angle of this. 

hmm...where have i heard this before?  anyone remember who suggested doing this? luke? animal? does this ring a bell to either of you 2?

like i said, they are just full of excuses, they will point the finger in every direction but their own.
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:58 pm
S_L_I_C_K wrote:
dizee wrote: You could have had a group of streamers with a variety of personalities and playstyles taking turns playing SOCOM games in different ways on a daily basis. All of this would have been under the TRS channel, there would have been no admin involvement needed outside of giving the streamers the channel stream access key. The rest would have been totally community driven with people taking turns and shifts. Eseals could have been one angle of this. 

hmm...where have i heard this before?  anyone remember who suggested doing this? luke? animal? does this ring a bell to either of you 2?

like i said, they are just full of excuses, they will point the finger in every direction but their own.
They are full of shit and they know it. Swill specifically mentioned something similar to this to Animal after one of our Community nights last spring. Animal mentioned that they had alot of cool shit coming in the pipeline soon. He said they needed people with capture cards to help record certain features of SOCOM, like the difference stances and animations and things. 

Ofcourse none of this happened, because the ownership was MIA but "working hard behind the scenes".
1UP
1UP
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA
https://1upsdevelopment.com/

Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:59 pm
S_L_I_C_K wrote:

It's almost like there aren't plugins for shit like this for xenforo

can't post links but google
[8WR] XenRio (Streams)
Swill
Swill
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:07 pm
From my own personal perspective, I just have four points.

1) No one can seriously argue that shutting down the forums without any kind of warning was a reasonable thing to do. There's no debate whatsoever that it was a terrible thing to do. Giving people a 24-48 hours heads up notice to say their farewells and connect with people they only get to interact with on TRS would have been the appropriate thing to do. The reasons given for why that couldn't happen are absurd and pathetic, to be frank.

2) The elephant in the room is obvious: TRS was shut down because of the drama. It had nothing to do with this bullshit story about there not being enough SOCOM news or projects. It was purely because of the flame wars happening there in recent times. Just be honest and open about that and say that.

3) I love Animal and I respect the hell out of the guy. However, he wasn't ruthless enough as a moderator. Permabanning people would have solved all of the issues that happened there in recent times and would have prevented things from every reaching this point. For example, someone like Skimask should have been permabanned ages ago, as his posts were literally nothing but shitposting and bi-polar psychosis. The staff should have been cutthroat and permbanned anyone who stepped out of line. Ultimately, that lack of ruthlessness costs TRS and it's members.

4) Having said that, the members are to blame as well. I certainly played my part in it at times, but too often, idiots would fall for what was obvious troll bait and allow themselves to get embroiled in useless flame wars that did nothing except satisfy their own humor at the expense of the site. People should have known better than to reply even a single time to posts from people like Skimask, Hexum, etc. Almost every time they posted, it was purely to cause shit and people should have known better than to allow themselves to bite the bait.

This whole situation was completely mismanaged all the way around, from the TRS staff to the members. I hope the site isn't gone for good, but if it is, people really only have themselves to blame in the end.
Anonymous

Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:29 pm
dizee wrote:A TRS channel would need to change channels once every hour? Are you kidding me? Go watch how Outerheaven runs their MGS channel on Twitch and get back to me. You could have had a group of streamers with a variety of personalities and playstyles taking turns playing SOCOM games in different ways on a daily basis. All of this would have been under the TRS channel, there would have been no admin involvement needed outside of giving the streamers the channel stream access key. The rest would have been totally community driven with people taking turns and shifts. Eseals could have been one angle of this. Instead, ownership decided to pander to eseals, giving them their own section on the forums which nobody visited except when cheaters popped up and spamming twitter feeds with every bit of lame news.

This is what I mean by being out of touch. You could have easily polled the private forums to see what people wanted to do. But you didnt.

For that to be worth the effort, there needs to be a solid roster of streamers that can be trusted. And when TRS starts featuring one or two of the most popular and it was met with constant drama, very controversial subject matter, and a sense of unhealthy competition between two, what evidence is there that it should be opened up even more streamers? And that's just the recent stuff. We've also been offering livestreams for well over 4 years now. We have a long history when it comes to featuring fan streams. We actually have had a really cool idea on how to approach this but needed more software to be integrated to do it the way we felt it needed to be addressed.

Do you really think we had at 8+ or even 10+ peeps we could give access keys to that could be trusted to play nice with one another on scheduling and make no extreme 18+ type of content that wouldn't need to be watched to protect TRS's brand?

That's why we've always manually selected streams to showcase. It's also why finding TRS staff members has been so difficult over the years. Most of you can't be trusted to wield the power and influence that TRS once carried. Even some of our staff, including me, have struggled at times. 

And since I plan for this to be my last post for a while, I agree with a lot of points Swill brought up. We are all to blame and it is what it is. I wanted to be more ruthless with bans to prevent all this from happening for years now. I saw the writing on the wall a long time ago. But that being said, some of you posting in this thread would have been some of my top picks for bans at times.

If all of this prevents some of you from ever coming back to TRS, that's fine. It might be one year or ten before another SOCOM is announced. Maybe never. Good luck in everything the community decides to do. I'll support the stuff I feel is healthy and valuable to the community.
xCaZx
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:37 pm
LUKENBACHER wrote:
dizee wrote:A TRS channel would need to change channels once every hour? Are you kidding me? Go watch how Outerheaven runs their MGS channel on Twitch and get back to me. You could have had a group of streamers with a variety of personalities and playstyles taking turns playing SOCOM games in different ways on a daily basis. All of this would have been under the TRS channel, there would have been no admin involvement needed outside of giving the streamers the channel stream access key. The rest would have been totally community driven with people taking turns and shifts. Eseals could have been one angle of this. Instead, ownership decided to pander to eseals, giving them their own section on the forums which nobody visited except when cheaters popped up and spamming twitter feeds with every bit of lame news.

For that to be worth the effort, there needs to be a solid roster of streamers that can be trusted. And when TRS starts featuring one or two of the most popular and it was met with constant drama, very controversial subject matter, and a sense of unhealthy competition between two, what evidence is there that it should be opened up even more streamers? And that's just the recent stuff. We've also been offering livestreams for well over 4 years now. We have a long history when it comes to featuring fan streams. We actually have had a really cool idea on how to approach this but needed more software to be integrated to do it the way we felt it needed to be addressed.

Do you really think we had at 8+ or even 10+ peeps we could give access keys to that could be trusted to play nice with one another on scheduling and make no extreme 18+ type of content that wouldn't need to be watched to protect TRS's brand?

That's why we've always manually selected streams to showcase. It's also why finding TRS staff members has been so difficult over the years. Most of you can't be trusted to wield the power and influence that TRS once carried. Even some of our staff, including me, have struggled at times. 

And since I plan for this to be my last post for a while, I agree with a lot of points Swill brought up. We are all to blame and it is what it is. I wanted to be more ruthless with bans to prevent all this from happening for years now. I saw the writing on the wall a long time ago. But that being said, some of you posting in this thread would have been some of my top picks for bans at times.

If all of this prevents some of you from ever coming back to TRS, that's fine. It might be one year or ten before another SOCOM is announced. Maybe never. Good luck in everything the community decides to do. I'll support the stuff I feel is healthy and valuable to the community.

The problem with some of your bans were they were personal. I called you out for participating in a clan that knife glitched all over on S4 and when I did you put me into a "discourage" mode or w/e it is where the site wouldn't load properly. The only reason I was able to go back was because Rev undid it when you went AWOL. 

Personally, I think your heads gotten a little too big for your britches. But, its whatever, everyone will move on and TRS will be a forgotten memory. If you think it can be resurrected when you are good and ready..good luck with that.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum