SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Anyone fans of the Walking Dead - Page 5 Empty Re: Anyone fans of the Walking Dead

Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:40 pm
MACK IS GOD wrote:Ok. This show has reached levels of absolute absurdity that I didnt think were possible.

I'll start from the beginning of the episode.

>More of the ridiculous LARPing of Kang Zeke and his cringe fest speeches.
>10 minutes of him sliding around on his assaway from zombies until hes saved with a quick cut from off camera by someone.
>He couldnt even stand up before, but now is walking pretty much fine with the guy who saved him.
>That guy is killed by a quick cut from off camera by Jim Carrey
>20 minutes of Jim Carrey and Kang Zeke walking
>Jim Carrey is about to kill Kang Zeke when he is saved by a quick cut from off camera by a Somoan
>Apparently because Kang Zeke has a bad leg, he cant get over an 8 foot fence, even though there is a giant man who could literally throw him over it standing there.
>Instead he decides, despite having a gun that he could try and shoot the lock with, to chop at the lock on the fence with his wood handled axe
>Saved from quick cut (noticing a pattern here) off camera from the zombies when they all start getting shot

Carol:

>Gets trapped behind a truck by 5 heavily armed, combat aged, large men
>Carol is a 120 lb middle aged woman
>She puts her hands in the air and is approached by one of them
>120 lb woman disarms large male in one movement of slapping at his rifle and then proceeds to overpower him and put a knife to his throat

Rick and Daryl:

>Rick and Daryl are chasing the bad guys down the road
>Bad guys pop the back of the truck open
>Reveal .50 caliber machine gun that you can literally shoot planes out of the air with
>Daryl dumps his bike at 50ish MPH and no helmet without a scratch
>Rick is 20 feet behind bad guy shooting machine gun at him
>bullets bounce off jeep
>Daryl has somehow gotten back on his bike and caught up to Rick
>Shoots bad guy with one hand from motorcycle going 50ish MPH
>Rick jumps from jeep into Hummer going 50ish MPH
>Rick drives off side of a bridge with no seatbelt
>crawls back up hill without any injury

Cut back to Carol, Kang Zeke, and Troy Palomalu:

>Zombies closing in on them
>King Zeke cant walk up 2ft incline in riverbed
>Pet tiger shows up out of nowhere
>Kills a couple zombies
>Now Kang Zeke can climb 2ft for some reason when he couldnt before
>500 lb tiger that literally kills bears in the wild and is the most efficient and brutal killing machine on the planet and could disembowel a man in seconds is overwhelmed by 8 zombies whos only weapons are blunt human teeth

Yea. This show has reached levels of retardation that has never been seen before on television. I didnt even bring up the horrible gun mechanics and special effects because thats a weekly thing and doesnt need to be pointed out.

The entire episode advanced the plot about 30 minutes in the shows universe.

Its hard for me to even put into words how laughably bad this show is. The fact that it has this "cult" following of "superfans" is proof to me that most of the population could and should be sterilized.

Did I miss anything @Dizee?

You failed to mention John Hinckley Jr getting 20minutes of airtime.
UnSeenDeath88
UnSeenDeath88
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Anyone fans of the Walking Dead - Page 5 Empty Re: Anyone fans of the Walking Dead

Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:52 pm
I noticed when Carol went to the gun fight she didn't have the MBUS flipped up then finally they cut back to her and it's up. The try hard on action is old, since when did they get so bad at aiming, the spray and pray from everybody is real.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:58 pm
dizee wrote:
MACK IS GOD wrote:Ok. This show has reached levels of absolute absurdity that I didnt think were possible.

I'll start from the beginning of the episode.

>More of the ridiculous LARPing of Kang Zeke and his cringe fest speeches.
>10 minutes of him sliding around on his assaway from zombies until hes saved with a quick cut from off camera by someone.
>He couldnt even stand up before, but now is walking pretty much fine with the guy who saved him.
>That guy is killed by a quick cut from off camera by Jim Carrey
>20 minutes of Jim Carrey and Kang Zeke walking
>Jim Carrey is about to kill Kang Zeke when he is saved by a quick cut from off camera by a Somoan
>Apparently because Kang Zeke has a bad leg, he cant get over an 8 foot fence, even though there is a giant man who could literally throw him over it standing there.
>Instead he decides, despite having a gun that he could try and shoot the lock with, to chop at the lock on the fence with his wood handled axe
>Saved from quick cut (noticing a pattern here) off camera from the zombies when they all start getting shot

Carol:

>Gets trapped behind a truck by 5 heavily armed, combat aged, large men
>Carol is a 120 lb middle aged woman
>She puts her hands in the air and is approached by one of them
>120 lb woman disarms large male in one movement of slapping at his rifle and then proceeds to overpower him and put a knife to his throat

Rick and Daryl:

>Rick and Daryl are chasing the bad guys down the road
>Bad guys pop the back of the truck open
>Reveal .50 caliber machine gun that you can literally shoot planes out of the air with
>Daryl dumps his bike at 50ish MPH and no helmet without a scratch
>Rick is 20 feet behind bad guy shooting machine gun at him
>bullets bounce off jeep
>Daryl has somehow gotten back on his bike and caught up to Rick
>Shoots bad guy with one hand from motorcycle going 50ish MPH
>Rick jumps from jeep into Hummer going 50ish MPH
>Rick drives off side of a bridge with no seatbelt
>crawls back up hill without any injury

Cut back to Carol, Kang Zeke, and Troy Palomalu:

>Zombies closing in on them
>King Zeke cant walk up 2ft incline in riverbed
>Pet tiger shows up out of nowhere
>Kills a couple zombies
>Now Kang Zeke can climb 2ft for some reason when he couldnt before
>500 lb tiger that literally kills bears in the wild and is the most efficient and brutal killing machine on the planet and could disembowel a man in seconds is overwhelmed by 8 zombies whos only weapons are blunt human teeth

Yea. This show has reached levels of retardation that has never been seen before on television. I didnt even bring up the horrible gun mechanics and special effects because thats a weekly thing and doesnt need to be pointed out.

The entire episode advanced the plot about 30 minutes in the shows universe.

Its hard for me to even put into words how laughably bad this show is. The fact that it has this "cult" following of "superfans" is proof to me that most of the population could and should be sterilized.

Did I miss anything @Dizee?

You failed to mention John Hinckley Jr getting 20minutes of airtime.

I did. I said Kang Zeke was walking with Jim Carrey for 20 minutes. Although he looks like John Hinckley Jr. too.
Bacterin
Bacterin
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA
https://www.youtube.com/SilhouetteHQ

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:43 am
It's really sad because if Frank Darabont never left, this show would be god-tier. After watching Season 1 and 2 again I realized the potential that was lost along the way. But then again it's not really all the shows fault because IMO the comic didn't have a strong enough story to warrant a TV show.

The best characters all die and two of the best characters aren't even in the comic, Daryl and Merle. And part of the reason of these characters being the best are the actors. Jon Bernthal (Shane) , Michael Rooker (Merle), Jeff DeMunn (Dale), Scott Wilson (Herschel), etc. made the characters better than they were.

The best character is still Daryl. Along with Merle, their character development/archs are a beautiful thing. I could go on for hours talking about how bad this show dropped the ball.

The main thing is how the show was directed and how the story developed. In Season 1, 2 and the beginning of Season 3 the show felt like a movie in a way. There's something off about the pacing and look of the show. Early on it had a Breaking Bad but with Zombies feel. Hard to explain but it just felt and looked better. Now it seems more like an action movie on TV with some filler episodes. Which really sucks because it could of been one of the greatest shows ever. Sigh.

Bacterin
Bacterin
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:43 am
It's really sad because if Frank Darabont never left, this show would be god-tier. After watching Season 1 and 2 again I realized the potential that was lost along the way. But then again it's not really all the shows fault because IMO the comic didn't have a strong enough story to warrant a TV show.

The best characters all die and two of the best characters aren't even in the comic, Daryl and Merle. And part of the reason of these characters being the best are the actors. Jon Bernthal (Shane) , Michael Rooker (Merle), Jeff DeMunn (Dale), Scott Wilson (Herschel), etc. made the characters better than they were.

The best character is still Daryl. Along with Merle, their character development/archs are a beautiful thing. I could go on for hours talking about how bad this show dropped the ball.  

The main thing is how the show was directed and how the story developed. In Season 1, 2 and the beginning of Season 3 the show felt like a movie in a way. There's something off about the pacing and look of the show. Early on it had a Breaking Bad but with Zombies feel. Hard to explain but it just felt and looked better. Now it seems more like an action movie on TV with some filler episodes. Which really sucks because it could of been one of the greatest shows ever. Sigh.
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:48 am
Bacterin wrote:It's really sad because if Frank Darabont never left, this show would be god-tier. After watching Season 1 and 2 again I realized the potential that was lost along the way. But then again it's not really all the shows fault because IMO the comic didn't have a strong enough story to warrant a TV show.

season 2 was terrible though bacterin lol. the farm was literally 90% them just sitting there talking. i do miss shane though.the episode where he teamkilled Otis basically was amazing. shane was right all along, called the bullshit from the start and told rick how the world was now. look at rick now, hes shane on steroids. had he listened to shane, things would have been different.
Bacterin
Bacterin
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:57 am
I wouldn't say Season 2 was terrible but it definitely could of been better. After Season 1 aired I was so hyped for Season 2 and it started off solid and then the Sophia story carried on and on. I was disappointed. Then when Season 2 ended I was like ok, we are off the farm now. Season 3 started and I had a rock hard boner. I knew Merle was coming back and it seemed more like a Zombie survival story.

But the main reason why the show fell off right about halfway through Season 3 was because the comic's story sucked. I'm pretty sure Robert Kirkman said once that he never imagined the comic being made into a TV show. The story is pretty goofy and uninteresting as time went on. It sucks because they should of changed the story more and used the characters differently.

So many great actors and characters killed and/or wasted. For instance, one of the main things that really rubbed me wrong was Merle's arch. We waited for him to come back forever and interact with Daryl and the group. He finally does, he talks to Daryl like twice and then he dies for no reason essentially. Way to go.

I could on about Tyreese, Andrea, Merle, Abraham, and the other crazy storylines that were terrible but hey it's all already happened. I wish they could go back and re-do it.
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:02 am
Out of all the people on Ricks "side", the only one I can stand anymore is Michonne. Maybe Eugene too, but hes not on Ricks side really anymore. I have issues with every single other person but for some reason I like Michonne and her story on the show. Her backstory is really well done and she doesnt have alot of corny over the top scenes like they give to Darryl and Rick all the time. Tyreese was another good character I liked and I enjoyed his death scene with them bringing back the Governor. Probably killed him off a bit too early but oh well.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum