SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Not Good for you COD fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Not Good for you COD fans

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:56 pm
That's what I did, but I love Metallica and Guitar 5 was actually pretty good. Sadly, that was it, Activision did what they always do and made them make it super casual. I like to play these games with my Roland Drum-set.

I'm solely a Harmonix supporter now and have even bought all the Pro peripherals. I have bought all of the Rock Bands and Harmonix is the ruler of the Music genre.

Now time to advertise. https://www.youtube.com/user/PhenomDuck?feature=mhum

That's my youtube channel. Planning on doing a bunch of Rock Band 3 videos and some Socom videos once my brother gives me access to his HD camera.
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:58 pm
[BER]PAUL-AWOL- wrote:I may send mine back also and put my money on Socom 4

Join the party Very Happy
I'm going to wait until you report back on S4 before I do that though.
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:15 pm
Already reserved my S4 a few months back. I'll be there regardless how much it may suck....or be awesome, cause who knows?

Just because its not the Socom I want it to be doesn't mean it can't be a good game, right? I think thats the attitude everyone should have.

Cause we already know it nots the game we want it to be.

On the Harmonix topic, i have GH 1&2 and RB2. Unfortunately of all games, these ones are the most expensive cause of all the peripherals and DLC, so I have to pick and choose what to go with. But thats why i have a friend who buys all the Dlc, and he shares it with me Razz
Anonymous

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:20 pm
frankly I beleive socom 4 will be an awesome 3rd person shooter
but I have yet to see if it is truly a SOCOM game, or just a copycat trendy 3rd person shooter with features every game already has
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:35 pm
ChainFire420 wrote:Already reserved my S4 a few months back. I'll be there regardless how much it may suck....or be awesome, cause who knows?

Just because its not the Socom I want it to be doesn't mean it can't be a good game, right? I think thats the attitude everyone should have.

Cause we already know it nots the game we want it to be.

On the Harmonix topic, i have GH 1&2 and RB2. Unfortunately of all games, these ones are the most expensive cause of all the peripherals and DLC, so I have to pick and choose what to go with. But thats why i have a friend who buys all the Dlc, and he shares it with me Razz

Very Happy I have that same attitude. I would just like to wait for the opinion of somebody I trust first, since I was too lazy to pre-order it yet.

I used to do the same thing with my friend Very Happy. I bought most of it even though his family has a lot more money than I do. I'm actually quite poor despite having all the Rock Band things, I'm just really crafty.
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:45 pm
DITCH wrote:frankly I beleive socom 4 will be an awesome 3rd person shooter
but I have yet to see if it is truly a SOCOM game, or just a copycat trendy 3rd person shooter with features every game already has

Well, in reality, health regen is what dooms it. In Call of Duty, its basically one man versus the world. You're main character can kill like 300 guys in one level because of health regen. You take out a few, you hide behind cover, you take out a few more, oyu hide some more....and thats basically the whole game. In socom, you kil 1 or 2, and you hide. If you take hits, then risk that much less with each kill. The tactics are immensely different. Every hit you take makes you more careful and tactical in what you do. Every hit you take in COD, you shrug off after 3 seconds and take on another 50 guys.

I can see how they can still make it tactical and force teamwork and stuff, but its still health regen, no matter how you spin it. Maybe if you can only take 4 hits or something and die, that would be cool, but as long as you can regen health, you can literally fight an infinite number of enemies.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:39 am
Respawn is for im patient NOOBS who have no skill in Team Work or how to be part of Communications, COD killed the true Shooter Gamer. Socom is pretty much all we have left for Clans and Team Work. That's why Socom is the Mature Shooter and Respawn is always full of Noobs on Socom. I can remember sitting in a DG room for 8 hours with my Clan and never losing a single match because we played together so much on one Map that we knew exactly what each other was going to do, that's Team Work. Respawn is just a bunch of Nimrods running in circles blind shooting to get kills. I hope Soocm doesn't have Ranked Respawn or I am done.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum