SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Have we lost sight of what SOCOM is about. I haven't Empty Have we lost sight of what SOCOM is about. I haven't

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:25 am
MAG
COD
BC2
RSV 2
UNCHARTED 2
SPEC OPS
GEARS 3

See a Pattern here. I am sad to see only a handful of ol school fans that are trying whole heartily to defend what is left of SOCOM. It makes me wonder if some of you who claim to have played and loved SOCOM are full of **bleep**. I think most of you at this point are posting to get a kudo,, you have lost touch of SOCOM.

I know who you are and I will start calling you out, I have seen too many people band wagon jumping who claim to be hard core fans. All of you need to remember why we are here, because we miss and loved playing SOCOM not those games I listed above.

I don't care who thinks the game looks good, so do those games above I listed and that doesn't automatically qualify it as a SOCOM game. I want you to list what you see in SOCOM 4 that makes this SOCOM. I will start for those who are stuck on Round Base, 3rd person, because Ghost Recon has the same features.

https://socomfans.forumotion.net/

I posted this on SOCOM.COM, and yes the Monkeys went crazy and threw shit on everybody.
Banes_fury
REAVER
REAVER

Have we lost sight of what SOCOM is about. I haven't Empty Re: Have we lost sight of what SOCOM is about. I haven't

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:28 am
Thats funny..!!

Ok so Socom 4, whats the same as old socoms .... let me think ..... it has bullets, does this count.?
Anonymous

Have we lost sight of what SOCOM is about. I haven't Empty Re: Have we lost sight of what SOCOM is about. I haven't

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:06 pm
Goes hand in hand with a thread I posted awhile back.. Titled the unanswered question. And nobody can answer it still
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:53 pm
PAUL-AWOL- wrote:
I know who you are and I will start calling you out, I have seen too many people band wagon jumping who claim to be hard core fans. All of you need to remember why we are here, because we miss and loved playing SOCOM not those games I listed above.

I like MAG, CoD, and Uncharted, along with many others, but Socom is my home.
Anonymous

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:02 pm
I feel the same. Right now I feel a little homeless. And socom 4 is the mobile home driving away
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:30 pm
PAUL-AWOL- wrote:
MAG
COD
BC2
RSV 2
UNCHARTED 2
SPEC OPS
GEARS 3

Agreed. Socom 4 is gonna be just another game on this list. I have literally been "drifting" between games, waiting for the next "Socom" and now its only going to be that much longer, if ever, for the next REAL Socom. Sure, I have other games that i genuinely love and play, but I'm done with Confrontation, so I no longer have a Socom to play. It was fun while it lasted, and while Confrontation was a "socom" game in my opinion, its time is up. It only barely made the socom grade, and its had its run, but now all we have to look forward to is 'No'com 4. This is bullshit.
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:38 pm
I couldn't tell you what made the old Socom's Socom. For me it has always been about the feel. It isn't just something that can be explained in a simple forum post. I think if S4 can maintain that sense of community that the other Socoms had, that other games do not, then that on its own can get it half way there.

I guess it is one of those things where I won't know until I get my hands on it. SOCOM means something different to everyone, it's based on what games you've played, which ones you played the most. While SOCOM 4 may become the embodiment of SOCOM for one person, it can be the opposite of SOCOM for someone else. It's not that someone is being untruthful, it's that SOCOM means something different to everyone and that's something we all need to learn to deal with.
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:11 pm
I think lobbies and round-based gameplay are some of the biggest core elements. Everything these days is one big match with a score limit. I dunno about side-switching, i personally am against it, but i can see how some could vouch for it given that the two sides are drastically different in weapon selection and map orientation, but that's always been part of the battle. I'm sure people could come up with a million little things that make socom, socom, but I like to consider those things more as variables that could be changed.

But Zipper has changed everything. Community is big, but every good game has a community, whether its Halo, Killzone, etc.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum