SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

SOCOM 2 WEEKEND - Page 2 Empty Re: SOCOM 2 WEEKEND

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:19 pm
Because I'm a big fan of all console-socom's after socom 2 as well. 3/CA/Confrontation are all great games. Socom 2 is a great game, but its not the only one. Like I said before, if they packaged them all together, well yea I'd be all over that, but not just one old-ass game.

An online multiplayer game has tons of continuous replay value. I think we ALL have played at least one socom game for YEARS, on a nightly-basis no doubt. So what does this mean for a business? it means that their profits end on that one game.

But PS3 is next-gen. If we can get a next-gen socom like Confrontation, that has the replay value of the earlier socoms, we can get continuous support through DLC and patches. We can get the old maps, re-made in next-gen HD, like they did with Crossroads/FrostFire/Vigilance/Nightstalker/Abandoned. If SukMyTurban was right about one thing, its that we need to support Zipper -- but we DON'T need to support Socom 4. We need to push for better things, future Socom, not past Socom. Those games are long dead.

Socom has no future with a Socom 2 remake.
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:44 pm
The best way I can relate it to you Ditch is to relate it to another game. Hear me out.

God of war was an extremely successful game for the ps2. Hell it was revolutionary and one of the best exclusives we had.

They did a remake of GOW1 and 2 and bundled them together for the ps3. It had a huge following. A huge demand. Do you know how much it sold? Not even 900k copies.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/38409/god-of-war-collection/

Such a great game, that people have only great things to say about. And thats all its sold to date.

I know shooters are a slightly different ballgame, but thats kinda the analogy i was going for.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:45 pm
I guess it's a matter of opinion and what games you admire most. I can see how people who are fans of COD style games would love this SOCOM.

What gets me about people is when we ask for SOCOM to be a certain way, why does everyone assume we all want SOCOM 2 HD,, when all we really want is SOCOM. Don't confuse wanting SOCOM period as wanting SOCOM 2, I want SOCOM.
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:13 pm
PAUL-AWOL- wrote:
What gets me about people is when we ask for SOCOM to be a certain way, why does everyone assume we all want SOCOM 2 HD,, when all we really want is SOCOM. Don't confuse wanting SOCOM period as wanting SOCOM 2, I want SOCOM.

Exactly, this is my view. The "core elements" of Socom are the same from Socom 1-3 (with the exception of vehicles). They were all using the same engine and every game was just another "improved" version of the previous. Graphics got better, controls got better, and the gameplay got better as they went. I don't claim to want any specific socom title as a remake, I want -- like Paul said -- Socom.

All i ever hear from the "vets" though is Socom 2. As if it was the only good socom game. The only reason Socom 2 was such a hit was its timing. Socom 1 was the beginning, it was the breakthrough. It was PS2's big online multiplayer shooter when it had no other competitors. Socom 2 was a refined and improved Socom 1, with a heavy community following from Socom 1. The socom community was growing in numbers rapidly from Socom 1 and even more so into 2. By the time Socom 3 had rolled around, multiplayer was spreading to other games, diversing the crowd, and Zipper tried new things like vehicle and really big maps. Some liked it, some didn't. Regardless, it was still socom in every way and it was a further improved and refined version of Socom 2.

Combined Assault was still just Socom 3 with more snow- and water-based maps/gameplay. Many were disappointed by the game, not because of any of the core elements or improved hit detection, but because it seemed like "half" a game, mostly because Zipper and Socom were trying another new angle -- Co-op missions. A lot of time and work went into that, rather than making a more "full" game.

Socom 2 was just well-timed for multiplayer games, and it was before Zipper started reaching out at other things.
Anonymous

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:48 pm
I like socom 3 and ca, I think it would be cool if they did a socom 2 hd then had dlc, bring in the socom 3 and ca maps and convoy and all that, socom 2 has the best graphics and maps of the 4 socoms on ps2, socom 2 hd could make them alot of money on initial sales then the dlc bringing in all the rest of the maps and game modes like convoy and vehicles
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:05 am
DITCH wrote:I like socom 3 and ca, I think it would be cool if they did a socom 2 hd then had dlc, bring in the socom 3 and ca maps and convoy and all that, socom 2 has the best graphics and maps of the 4 socoms on ps2, socom 2 hd could make them alot of money on initial sales then the dlc bringing in all the rest of the maps and game modes like convoy and vehicles

You've got me confused on this one DlTCH. Wouldn't a SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs HD be better? All games in one with a redone engine (fixing hit detection etc) and of course the new HD graphics. This conversation just confuses me. Always has, always will.
Anonymous

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:12 am
of the 4 socom 2 has. The best graphics. Look at the bushes in enowapi. Look at the chatacters. S3 and ca were very bright and grainy because the maps were so big the graphics werent as good. I would love a socom hd but the vite is for socom 2 hd so I want that to go through and hopefully they would see the earning potential in bringing in the rest of the maps and vehicles through dlc
Anonymous

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:13 am
Swype beats me again misspelling words and adding periods
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum