SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
FrUsTrAtEd-
FrUsTrAtEd-
JESTER
JESTER

When confrontation sucked.... Empty When confrontation sucked....

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:17 pm
Sony gave us free mics....what am I gonna get for free this time? NOTHING.....

This game is a pile of shit......that was shit out by a cat and then eaten by a dog then shit out again and left in the sun for 2 days.

What I do not uderstand is why they continue to fail over and over et the refuse to listen to the true socom community.

All game developers please read......if you want to make a game that will blow COD off the radar!!!

Socom franchise blew it with many flaws.....heres how to make a top selling game

1. Dont make a politically correct pussified game that has insurgents.....they are fucking terrorists.

2. Everyone is tired of wearing out controllers trying to run fast......get rid of the sprint button and make a fast paced game.

3. Get a new map engine....dont use out dated garbage that flopped on other games.

4. Make fully customizible characters......all they way down to nikes or boots...tattoos....colors...camo...ect...

5. Make the offline game based on true stories from IRAQ.....Saudi Arabia....and all other crappy countries that america has stuck there nose where it doesnt belong

6. Make the game 3rd of 1st person....let the gamer decide

7. Make it so the camera doesnt give you seizures bouncing all over the fucking screen

8. Get a greande arch so you know where the grenades go....not a guess

9. Use real places on planet earth to get maps for online play

10. Make the game a little more realistic......COD you can knife someone from 30 ft away.....

11. Have open mics.....it sucks to have to push a button in the midst of battle

12. Make round based games for tactial players

13. Make ranked respawn for newbs that cant play with their brains....they need to just run around like retards

14. Make the rank off of real military ranks...not lke prestige 14 having a monster symbol

15. Make the weapons realistic....dont make every gun capable of killing people from across the map....sub machine guns should have no accuracy from farther than 100 yds

16. Make the maps decent size with random spawn points and random spots for the bomb to be planted in demo...make it to where when you pick up the bom then the objective to be blown up is revealed....to prevent camping

17. NO SNAP TO CAMP

18. Make 1 primary weapon with 1 pistol for backup

19. When I shoot a mother fucker I want him to die.....I would gladly pay a yearly access fee to have cheaters and lag switchers booted and banned for theeir unwillingness to play a fair game.....and that means lag on sonys or your part

20. I would gladly accept a job offer to test the game and over see you making a number one game....and give you daily advice of what needs to be done to be sucessful....and by sucessful I mean that socom will only sell 2 million copies....i will bet u can sell 10 million copies of a game that is built by a gamer and not a tech weenie that thinks it looks cool
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

When confrontation sucked.... Empty Re: When confrontation sucked....

Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:01 pm
Spoken like a person who has never been exposed to real world dealing or bureaucracy. Some of the things that you point out are what made games successful. Also I completely disagree with a ton of your points.

The only ones I semi-agree with are:

- Customizable characters
- Proper camera collisions
- Not being able to knife someone from 30 feet away
- Ranking should reflect relative skill not time played. There should never be a scenario where the majority of the gaming community is at the highest rank.
- One primary would be nice
- Separate the stats for Respawn vs. Non-respawn. Make them two distinct entities.

Im in a good mood today so I went with the stuff I agree with Smile
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:14 pm
I see were your coming from with this, but games are geared towards a buyers Market IMO. Sony knows what is selling at the moment and wants all of their games to be similar in this fashion. Which at present time COD is making the most money, so it makes sense, yes I hate it, that SOCOM 4 has many COD features in it.

Socom was in a class of it's own when it hit the market and Zipper did keep to the core of the game for 8 years running, I give them that. Yeah 3 had trucks and crap, for the most part UCRR's gave us freedon to play the way we wanted. That was the value SOCOM had, it was user friendly and left open to explore.

Games are so worried about ranking up and people exploiting codes and so forth that the game loses it's open quality because they lock it up by only giving us Match Making lobbies, and mod weapons that require XP points. So who is to blame for the current situation SOCOM 4 is in, I blame it on the COD crowd and the guy who invented Code 9.
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:08 pm
I agree with Ragin, with the addition of no cover and grenade arc. Real ranks would be great, and to add to it, the game could recognize your country and give you the ranks of your countries special forces.

For the disagreements:

- While I agree that Terrorists sounds better (if they are actually Terrorists), it won't affect game sales. COD did just fine with Opposing Forces.

- The game is incredibly fast paced when people are moving. The sprint button needs to stay. Don't cry realism and then say take out the sprint button. Take the anchors off of your thumbs and your controller will be fine (mapping it to L2 would also work)

- Map engine?

- If you mean 1st and 3rd person as in the fony SOCOM first person and make them both available at the same time then that would work. If you mean two seperate entities then that would not.

- They did base a map on a real place. Rush Hour appears to be in a destroyed Kuala Lumpur.

- Open Mics is an awful idea. If you've played the non-classic modes you should know that.

- Making SMGs unusable past 100 yards is unrealistic, not the other way around. The effective range of a P90 and an MP5A4 are over 200 yards. So for them to have no accuracy 100 yards is not realistic.

- Random spawns and bomb plants in Demo? I thought you wanted SOCOM.

- I wouldn't take Seth's job (what you described is his job) and it would be poor idea for you to take it. We would totally wreck the game. You need certain educations for that kind of stuff, hence why they work there and I don't.

- I can't see a SOCOM selling 10 million copies, that is unrealistic. The whole series hasn't sold that much combined(maybe if you add Fireteam Bravo).
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:04 pm
PAUL-AWOL- wrote:I blame it on the COD crowd and the guy who invented Code 9.

LOL so you blame it on Sony then? Code 9 was made by them you know.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:13 am
RaginPhoenix wrote:
PAUL-AWOL- wrote:I blame it on the COD crowd and the guy who invented Code 9.

LOL so you blame it on Sony then? Code 9 was made by them you know.

It was a more a less a snippet, not a serious notion, I was making fun of the SOCOM.COM forums more or less. LMAO affraid
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:14 pm
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum