SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Who misses big maps with Tanks, Boats and Hummers Empty Who misses big maps with Tanks, Boats and Hummers

Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:14 pm
I was playing Combined Assault this weekend and I forgot how fun it used to be to drive a tank, boat or Hummer and run people over. I jumped in a boat on Harvester and went on the river to plant the bomb. Fun, I miss this.
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Who misses big maps with Tanks, Boats and Hummers Empty Re: Who misses big maps with Tanks, Boats and Hummers

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:33 pm
I never used the boats, either because i felt vulnerable swimming out onto, or from them, or because the people i played with never knew how to drive the damn things and would get stuck and get us killed......or both LOL.

Tanks and Jeeps on the other hand.......yea, loved those. Only in respawn though.

I generally preferred to move on foot though, scout out areas and move forward as a unit. This is where REAL tactics came into play for Socom, using Smokes to move across roads and fields in Harvester or Killing Fields, etc. Most people just ran around with stacked-nades in their inventory and unsuppressed guns and didnt know how to be "tactical" and then bitched about how bg the maps were. If people played the games the way they were meant to be played, then every game is equally great. Learn to use the tools given to you, folks.
JoeyRocker
REAVER
REAVER
http://www.graveyardShiftInc.com

Who misses big maps with Tanks, Boats and Hummers Empty Re: Who misses big maps with Tanks, Boats and Hummers

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:26 am
I loved S3 & CA. I loved convoy. But the vehicles are only acceptable in ADDITION to traditional small maps & small map game modes. I hated how for all of S3, we could only play small suppression. Everything else was on the big maps. Huge mistake, one that killed off most of the user base, as it wuld be an entire year before small demolition would make it's return to socom. But too late...

And by the time they actually released the old map packs, CoD4 was on the PS3 which = death of ps2 socoms
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:45 am
I popped in Combined Assault this Sunday and had a great time. Popped in a room with about about 12 people in it and played for about 3 hours. I hadn't had this much on Socom in years. I know when the PSN was down a few of us were on regularly. Anyone feel up to it let me know and I will play a few games with you, I don't care if it's 1 vs 1, sooner or later some one will pop in.
FrOg___
FrOg___
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:32 pm
Though Socom Combined assault was my favorite Socom I only played Small maps.... I do miss a good Convoy game though... Only good game type for large maps, IMO. I do miss A good Socom too.

JoeyRocker
REAVER
REAVER
http://www.graveyardShiftInc.com

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:28 pm
i loved the tank battles. Heck, we used to pu m2 mines in the grassy nole just south of the seals spawn on Killing Fields big. I'd have the big terrorist tank chasing me & I'd lead him right to the mine field. BOOM!, tank blows up & everyone;s dead! We;d shoot our guns in the air in celebration lol
Dominator94
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:41 pm
JoeyRocker wrote:I loved S3 & CA. I loved convoy. But the vehicles are only acceptable in ADDITION to traditional small maps & small map game modes. I hated how for all of S3, we could only play small suppression. Everything else was on the big maps. Huge mistake, one that killed off most of the user base, as it wuld be an entire year before small demolition would make it's return to socom. But too late...

And by the time they actually released the old map packs, CoD4 was on the PS3 which = death of ps2 socoms

I agree with the suppression being the only mode for small maps is a huge mistake. SCA still my favorite SOCOM game.
Squeek
Squeek
JESTER
JESTER

Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:57 pm
I also love playing ca ... Have to run a half hour to get shot lol
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum