SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
Admin
Admin
OPS COM
OPS COM
https://socomfans.forumotion.net

Any word on further support for SOCOM4?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Any word on further support for SOCOM4?

Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:31 pm
I feel the exact same way you,, and played Socom 4 with the same thought process. It's not Socom, but a fun 3rd person game.
PaleFace
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Any word on further support for SOCOM4?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Any word on further support for SOCOM4?

Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:59 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
one more thing....IF THEY BUILD IT, WE WILL COME
Rabbit
REAVER
REAVER

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:23 pm
Admin wrote:I feel the exact same way you,, and played Socom 4 with the same thought process. It's not Socom, but a fun 3rd person game.
It's definitely better than CoD, that's for sure. But once MoH: Warfighter comes out in Oct., I probably won't touch S4 for a while, though.

Edit: As for further support for SOCOM 4, I feel it would have been nice to have some of the weapons that appeared in FTB3 and Confrontation (e.g. CQBR, Mark 12 SPR, HK416 & 417, SCAR-L, Mark 14 EBR, etc.) added as DLC (even if I had to pay for them, yes), like I was expecting in SOCOM 4. Really, with the exception of the ACR, SCAR-H, Mark 20, Cheytac, M4, and Mark 11 Mod 2, the weapon selection in it largely sucked and stank of CoD influence. Crying or Very sad
SocomDitch
BOOMER
BOOMER

Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:59 pm

Rabbit wrote:
Admin wrote:I feel the exact same way you,, and played Socom 4 with the same thought process. It's not Socom, but a fun 3rd person game.
It's definitely better than CoD, that's for sure. But once MoH: Warfighter comes out in Oct., I probably won't touch S4 for a while, though.

Edit: As for further support for SOCOM 4, I feel it would have been nice to have some of the weapons that appeared in FTB3 and Confrontation (e.g. CQBR, Mark 12 SPR, HK416 & 417, SCAR-L, Mark 14 EBR, etc.) added as DLC (even if I had to pay for them, yes), like I was expecting in SOCOM 4. Really, with the exception of the ACR, SCAR-H, Mark 20, Cheytac, M4, and Mark 11 Mod 2, the weapon selection in it largely sucked and stank of CoD influence. Crying or Very sad

LOL!! the whole game stank of cod influence. ... ads.... sprint button.. kill streaks =airstrikes... expUrience points popping up with every button you push... respawn as the main game... ranking up to unlock guns.... health regen..cod clone in a shitty 3rd person perspective. Sad thing is I liked mw2's 3rd person mode better than the beta I played of unsocom 4.
Rabbit
REAVER
REAVER

Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:02 pm
SocomDitch wrote:LOL!! the whole game stank of cod influence. ... ads.... sprint button.. kill streaks =airstrikes... expUrience points popping up with every button you push... respawn as the main game... ranking up to unlock guns.... health regen..cod clone in a shitty 3rd person perspective. Sad thing is I liked mw2's 3rd person mode better than the beta I played of unsocom 4.
Yeah, I know you hate everything about S4, and I do respect that. Smile Believe me, I was disappointed with it, too, but the difference between us is that I'm dwelling on what aspects of the game I do like. Not much of a choice but to considering the lack of suitable alternatives.
Admin
Admin
OPS COM
OPS COM
https://socomfans.forumotion.net

Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:55 pm
Rabbit wrote:
SocomDitch wrote:LOL!! the whole game stank of cod influence. ... ads.... sprint button.. kill streaks =airstrikes... expUrience points popping up with every button you push... respawn as the main game... ranking up to unlock guns.... health regen..cod clone in a shitty 3rd person perspective. Sad thing is I liked mw2's 3rd person mode better than the beta I played of unsocom 4.
Yeah, I know you hate everything about S4, and I do respect that. Smile Believe me, I was disappointed with it, too, but the difference between us is that I'm dwelling on what aspects of the game I do like. Not much of a choice but to considering the lack of suitable alternatives.

I like the demo DLC Socom 4 produced.. The re make maps are great visually,, other than that I thought Socom 4 should be scrapped for water bottles.
Rabbit
REAVER
REAVER

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:38 pm
Admin wrote:
Rabbit wrote:

I like the demo DLC Socom 4 produced.. The re make maps are great visually,, other than that I thought Socom 4 should be scrapped for water bottles.
I got the game primarily for SP, so the MP maps aren't much of an upside for me unless they were to be made playable for custom mission (isn't gonna happen now that the game has been cut loose and Zipper's gone, I know). The only thing that made any of the DLC worth getting for me were the new weapons, which I was happy to find were usable in SP despite earlier reports that they wouldn't be.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum