SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
Rabbit
REAVER
REAVER

Fun fact Empty Fun fact

Thu May 31, 2012 11:03 am
The weapon model of the M14 rifle in SOCOM and SOCOM II was actually that of a Ruger AC556/Mini-14, rather than an actual M14 rifle.

I was just wondering if anyone else knew this. If this tidbit is a repost, I apologize.
Admin
Admin
OPS COM
OPS COM
https://socomfans.forumotion.net

Fun fact Empty Re: Fun fact

Thu May 31, 2012 11:13 am
I am a big gun freak and never knew that. I will look into this myself later on line,, give me something to do later, Cool thanks.
Rabbit
REAVER
REAVER

Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:12 am
It's true. If you look closely at the M14 while slung across Kahuna's or Specter's back in SOCOM or SOCOM II, you can see that it's exceptionally short compared to the actual M14 that appeared in SOCOM III, with the most telling features being the barrel extending some distance beyond the stock (all short-barreled M14 type rifles I've seen, like the SOCOM 16, have a barrel that's cut down in line with the forward end of the stock) and a curved M16/M4 type magazine.

I've tried looking online for screenshots to illustrate what I'm describing, but have been unsuccessful so far and can't play the PS2 SOCOMs to get one myself due to having had to get a new slim PS3 after my original launch console died. Sad
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum