SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Need a new laptop - Page 2 Empty Re: Need a new laptop

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:21 pm
This seems like a good value.

Need a new laptop - Page 2 Laptop10
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:25 pm
PRE_-CISION-_ wrote:I had to make this choice not long ago... ended up with this laptop below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DT49XN8/ref=oh_aui_i_sh_in_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you click the link above you'll notice it's pretty much out of stock. I payed $800 or $900 for it and that's what they're asking for a used one right now. 

Here is the newest model that's in stock. $1000 but looks to be beefier than what I picked up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071ZL3996/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile

Overall though I'd suggest just browsing amazon, googling the laptop and specs. Then if you're interested in gaming well laptops aren't the best for it. I needed portability and gaming was a side to me. I can barley run pubg and most recent releases are a no go. Plus PC gaming isn't that fun to me after trying it.

It seems your current laptop rcvd better reviews.
eVo7
eVo7
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:31 pm
Buchanans wrote:So my one laptop is pretty much dead. It still works... marginally. Basically it'll turn on and work long enough for me to transfer some of the important things to an external hard drive. The Q, W, 3, and 4 keys don't work. Fan don't work so it overheats. Case is cracked in several places and on the left side screen hinge. And is a slow poor running POS. 

My mother tried to be nice and picked up a chromebook for me thinking I could use it to do some business things for us. Yeah it's pretty much a worthless pile of cloud based shit with no real internal storage it can't even support something as simple and basic as paint. It's uses seem to be limited to browsing the web and typing basic documents. And the touch pad doesn't even have a right click function. 

So I need to get something that isn't bare bones garbage. I'd like to be able to start using adobe premiere and some drafting programs without crashing. And start playing some games might be nice. I'm completely lost as to what I'd need what the specs on these damn things mean etc.

I would say anything with a Core i7 and a GTX 1060 is right up your alley, you can usually find those kind of laptop for about 1200 or less.
xCaZx
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:23 am
Here is a link to the PC I just purchased about a month ago. I couldn't find anything that gave more bang for the buck. I wanted something that I could game a little bit if I was on the road, but I did not want to drop a ton of money on either. I don't think you would have any problem running some graphic programs on it, but I am not that familiar with those so I can't say 100% for sure. 

Pros: 
- Price is affordable ($699)
- Capable gaming machine, can run most modern games, at least medium settings, I have played player unknown battlegrounds and FF14 on it with no issue
- Graphics card is a 2GB 1050 which isn't top of the line but its the best graphics card I found in a laptop at this price point and I looked around quite a bit
- Processor is solid, I am impressed, I feel like it runs smoother than the 8 core AMD in my desktop

Cons: 
- Not much storage space, the SSD is fast, but 256GB is limited, but you could make up for it with a portable HD or something like that
- The screen could be better, size wise its fine, its just a little dull looking IMO (don't get me wrong it isn't terrible, but if I was looking for something to improve it might be the screen)
- no back lit keyboard

If you are wanting to spend closer to $1000 than I am sure you can find something similar with perhaps a bigger and better quality screen. You also start getting into additional features such as back lit keyboards and what not. (important to some, not so much to others). If you wan't to spend even more than that you can get even better graphics cards (1060, 1070 ect). 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072QT88DG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Processor: i5 7300HQ (quad core 2.3-3.1ghz with hyperthreading).
Memory: 8GB DDR4
Graphics: NVIDIA's Geforce GTX 1050 2G GDDR5 
Hard Drive: 256GB SSD
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum