SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads. - Page 3 Empty Re: Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:40 am
Terrible decision. I would suggest in the future if you feel in a similar way, simply lock the thread. Deleting posts that people spent their time and energy making on a whim is something that can easily be seen as a breach of trust and could result in people not feeling that its worth their time to make an effort to post if they feel someone can just haphazardly delete a thread when the mood strikes them.

I dont personally appreciate it as I feel a lot of what I posted addressed things attributed to me on Twitter that are still available for consumption, while my on record response to them is now gone. So if anything, you made the situation worse. So now not only do I feel attacked, I have to consider that people within my own circle will neuter what I say in return without my consent.

I will now say with no equivocation, dont EVER delete any post I make without the consent of PAUL ever again (since its his website) or consulting me first. You dont get to decide that shit on a whim.

Furthermore, I was actually at a point where I felt like I had gotten my shit off, and was beginning to see my temper subside. Now that much of my vitriol and venting has been erased, my temper has returned.

I want to make it VERY clear to anyone posting here, while I was given MOD powers, I never asked for them, but I will NEVER delete your content without consensus.
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads. - Page 3 Empty Re: Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:42 am
MACK IS GOD wrote:Terrible decision. I would suggest in the future if you feel in a similar way, simply lock the thread. Deleting posts that people spent their time and energy making on a whim is something that can easily be seen as a breach of trust and could result in people not feeling that its worth their time to make an effort to post if they feel someone can just haphazardly delete a thread when the mood strikes them.

I dont personally appreciate it as I feel a lot of what I posted addressed things attributed to me on Twitter that are still available for consumption, while my on record response to them is now gone. So if anything, you made the situation worse. So now not only do I feel attacked, I have to consider that people within my own circle will neuter what I say in return without my consent.

I will now say with no equivocation, dont EVER delete any post I make without the consent of PAUL (since its his website) or consulting me first. You dont get to decide that shit.

Furthermore, I was actually at a point where I felt like I had gotten my shit off, and was beginning to see my temper subside. Now that much of my vitriol and venting has been erased, my temper has returned.

I want to make it VERY clear to anyone posting here, while I was given MOD powers, I never asked for them, but I will NEVER delete your content without consensus.

That's fine I'll be telling Paul today to remove me as a mod. Your way is better where you just edit people's posts and put words in their mouth so he can stick with letting you take care of shit.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:49 am
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:
MACK IS GOD wrote:Terrible decision. I would suggest in the future if you feel in a similar way, simply lock the thread. Deleting posts that people spent their time and energy making on a whim is something that can easily be seen as a breach of trust and could result in people not feeling that its worth their time to make an effort to post if they feel someone can just haphazardly delete a thread when the mood strikes them.

I will now say with no equivocation, dont EVER delete any post I make without the consent of PAUL (since its his website) or consulting me first. You dont get to decide that shit.

That's fine I'll be telling Paul today to remove me as a mod. Your way is better where you just edit people's posts and put words in their mouth so he can stick with letting you take care of shit.

Jesus Christ bro, Im not that mad about it. I completely understand what your goal was/is, and I totally respect what you were trying to do.

I was just saying that its a bad move to erase peoples shit without consensus. Dont take it personally.
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:04 am
MACK IS GOD wrote:
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

Jesus Christ bro, Im not that mad about it. I completely understand what your goal was/is, and I totally respect what you were trying to do.

I was just saying that its a bad move to erase peoples shit without consensus. Dont take it personally.

Ok, and you're probably right which is why Paul should remove me as a mod and let other people handle it. I'm not taking it personal and I'm not mad at ya. I'm just seeing that simply removing my threads was not enough to remove myself from the drama as people are now questioning how I use the mod tools so now there is another step required which is to not be a mod. You guys can choose what threads to make what to discuss and I'll just stay out of your way and let you guys do your thing. This is not a "Well if you disagree with me I'm leaving the site" type thing. I just want to be a regular forum goer and not be bothered with the mod stuff since people see what I did as "betraying trust" or what have you.
Buchanans
Buchanans
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:22 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Tomb I don't think anybody is upset at what you were trying to do, just pointing out the way you did it was probably a mistake. I think a better way to of done things would of been to edit remove your specific posts as opposed to deleting everybody else's that followed as well. I'm not getting the vibe anybody thinks you betrayed trust.

Tactical Junglist
Tactical Junglist
REAVER
REAVER

Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:44 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Buchanans wrote:Tomb I don't think anybody is upset at what you were trying to do, just pointing out the way you did it was probably a mistake. I think a better way to of done things would of been to edit remove your specific posts as opposed to deleting everybody else's that followed as well. I'm not getting the vibe anybody thinks you betrayed trust.

This...I also don't think anyone is mad at you and would like you to step down as a mod. personally, i am glad you are a mod. You've proven time and time again over the years how much you care about SOCOM, and having someone like you as a mod is perfect. I called you my favorite SOCOMer for a reason. There's a few people in this community that fit the description.

Another reason I think so is because of what you said earlier, and I am paraphrasing: "90% of the posts around here are about Tawok blah blah blah..." It's because of that you decided to do what you did. The reasoning is definitely commendable whether the action was sound or not.

Frankly, I am tired of seeing all of the talk about Tawok, and I am tired of seeing all the talk about people here from what I am calling "Tawok's camp". It's getting nobody anywhere. I'm not calling anyone out here, because there are legitimate gripes to be had by everyone involved. I also get along with people on both sides of the line so I just want to see this shit disappear into the ether. There is no further need to keep justifying reasoning. It's all been heavily documented by everyone.

I've stated in the past that I really want EVERYONE to move on from this, whether it means everybody is buddy buddy or not. If people keep talking about each other and insulting each other, shit is never going to be resolved. I'm a third party to this in the same way @Drum is, so if there is anything I can do to help, I'd like to try as well. I've tried to just ignore this shit as much as I can, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to do so...
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:33 am
Tactical Junglist wrote:
Buchanans wrote:Tomb I don't think anybody is upset at what you were trying to do, just pointing out the way you did it was probably a mistake. I think a better way to of done things would of been to edit remove your specific posts as opposed to deleting everybody else's that followed as well. I'm not getting the vibe anybody thinks you betrayed trust.

This...I also don't think anyone is mad at you and would like you to step down as a mod. personally, i am glad you are a mod. You've proven time and time again over the years how much you care about SOCOM, and having someone like you as a mod is perfect. I called you my favorite SOCOMer for a reason. There's a few people in this community that fit the description.

Another reason I think so is because of what you said earlier, and I am paraphrasing: "90% of the posts around here are about Tawok blah blah blah..." It's because of that you decided to do what you did. The reasoning is definitely commendable whether the action was sound or not.

Frankly, I am tired of seeing all of the talk about Tawok, and I am tired of seeing all the talk about people here from what I am calling "Tawok's camp". It's getting nobody anywhere. I'm not calling anyone out here, because there are legitimate gripes to be had by everyone involved. I also get along with people on both sides of the line so I just want to see this shit disappear into the ether. There is no further need to keep justifying reasoning. It's all been heavily documented by everyone.

I've stated in the past that I really want EVERYONE to move on from this, whether it means everybody is buddy buddy or not. If people keep talking about each other and insulting each other, shit is never going to be resolved. I'm a third party to this in the same way @Drum is, so if there is anything I can do to help, I'd like to try as well. I've tried to just ignore this shit as much as I can, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to do so...

There is a way you can help, take over my mod spot lol. Perhaps the "third party" to this stuff is the exact perspective needed here for a mod because even though I deleted my threads to take a step in a more moderate direction I still do have a bias in me as far as where I view things in these back and forths. Maybe someone in the middle like you or a Drum would be a better fit for moderating. If I didn't have a bias in me I would have likely never created those threads to begin with.
Tactical Junglist
Tactical Junglist
REAVER
REAVER

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:01 am
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:
Tactical Junglist wrote:

There is a way you can help, take over my mod spot lol. Perhaps the "third party" to this stuff is the exact perspective needed here for a mod because even though I deleted my threads to take a step in a more moderate direction I still do have a bias in me as far as where I view things in these back and forths. Maybe someone in the middle like you or a Drum would be a better fit for moderating. If I didn't have a bias in me I would have likely never created those threads to begin with.

Well, I will leave that up to Paul and the community as a whole, to be honest. I would never politic for a spot as a mod. I'm going to be honest on this, Tomb. You should remain a mod. Part of that role is taking an action someone may not like. You're good at letting things roll off and you always provide a method to your madness. You may have your own opinions about things, but I don't see you letting those opinions sway your actions...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum