SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
Anonymous

Zipper is too scared to answer this Empty Zipper is too scared to answer this

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:31 pm
in what way is socom 4 a socom game?
1- zero socom game modes-suppression is just plain tdm-
2-no socom camera view
3-no socom pistols

4- no socom lean
5-not socom controls
6-no socom lobbies
7-no socom granade arc
8-sprint button added- not neccessary- programmers put it back to analog control
next gen for some asenine reason apparently means every game is better with graphics but dumbed down with health regen and a sprint button,

9-(rumor or true not sure) icons over teamates mines?
so tell me how and in what way this game is a socom?? you cannot because it is not, it is a 3rd person shooter by zipper, that is the closest thing I can think of
if it was named mag 2 or something else everyone would be fine, but it makes us irritated to use the socom name as false advertising for this game
every socom ADDED to the last one ( but ca removed the blood)
this game removed EVERYTHING but tpv and round based. how is it a sequel along with being how is it a socom???
ZIPPER GIVE ME AN ANSWER!!!
Anonymous

Zipper is too scared to answer this Empty Re: Zipper is too scared to answer this

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:33 pm
I have had this up there for awhile,
zipper still cant answer this thread, it probably bugs them. lol
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Zipper is too scared to answer this Empty Re: Zipper is too scared to answer this

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:44 pm
They won't answer you, they are in their own little world.
Anonymous

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:28 pm
I know. They can't understand why were upset
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:10 pm
DITCH wrote:I know. They can't understand why were upset

True. They won't respond to the Canadaian faction thread, or PM's.
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:54 am
Just gonna take a stab and offer my view on some of these points.

Grenade Arc - Honestly, a ton of people over the years clamor for realism and further blurring of the line between reality and gaming. In life you do not have a arc telling you exactly where your grenade is going. Instead, through trial and error you learn how to throw and how to achieve certain things. Having played MAG, no grenade arc has no effect whatsoever on me. As for the argument about sensitivity on the trigger, "cooking" a grenade has really come to replace that.

Socom view - they have stated numerous times that there will be a day 1 patch that pushes the camera back to a classic view.

Socom modes - honestly, if you have payed attention to the polls conducted on this, people are tired of the same old modes. There are only a select group that constantly want the same modes. Its similar to how people now say "I am tired of crossroads, give me something new". There are new modes available, and the old modes will eventually be patched in with time. That being said, I wish that demolition was a mode that was included on the disc.

Socom pistols - taking out pistols was really a puzzling decision. But honestly this is not that big of an issue. This is something to nitpick on. One of the driving factors as to why pistols were taken out is time. The other was the fact that a numerous amount of the glitches that were in previous Socoms utilized the pistol as the catalyst to get into the glitch. However there is a concern where they stated that despite the restriction stating that you cannot have more than one type (AR/AR), Roper confirmed that you could get around that by picking up a second AR off a dead body. This means that essentially you can have a AR/AR combination. Thats a problem in my eyes.

Socom lean - The biggest driving factor in the lean is the enormous complexity of implementing it. The numerous amount of graphic collisions that would occur would lead to the biggest reason they took it out... GLITCHING. the lean makes it almost impossible to police glitching and the numerous amount of bugs that would result from a free lean would be tremendous.

Controls - The main reason for the restriction on the controls is the fact that it is Move compatible. Any time one tries to market across many channels, it results in simplifications that did not exist in previous versions. There are 5 preset modes, most gamers will be satisfied with the controls available to them.

Sprint button - again this is another nitpicking item. There is no real argument against sprint buttons other than, it was not in previous versions. Its just another dynamic to the game that does not change the game at all. If I ever see an argument other than "It wasn't in Socom before" then I will respond to that.

Lobbies - I dont want to say anything about this right now but there is an intense debate going on and there is a slight possibility that something may occur. Im going to leave it at that.

Health Regen - if this is not for you, then play the modes that dont have it. Dont hate on modes that do appeal to other gamers. They included a non-health regen version, and you dont hear the people who support Health Regen calling that stupid. Remember, the more gamers that feel involved and interested, the bigger the community gets. And that is why Socom succeeded. The community.

Honestly, I appreciate people who have an opposing view. But people like Apoc and sometimes you just seem to want the game to fail so badly without ever giving it a chance.

You want to know why this is a Socom? Because at the end of the day, you pick up your control to play with your clan. Meeting buddies and winning games are what makes this game. The rush of adrenaline that leaves you having a near heart attack whenever you come around a corner, laughing when you realize that you actually held your breath while you were sniping. Coordinating with a team and seeing the other team being shredded because of your tactics. Last second heroics, utter domination, complete loss, decisive victory, all these shared with people that you start to feel are more than just a name on the screen. THAT is why this is Socom. That is why this game will be successful. Add to that a rich story line, 5 player coop, and 2 different online experiences, and you have a game where the sky is the limit. The replay value is amazingly high. And as long as the game continues to be supported, it will live strong. Because Socom was always about the gamers and the clans, rather than the game itself.
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:14 am
Many good points there, but all the fans ever wanted was more Socom. This is not a Socom, and that's why its getting so much negative bashing. We loved the old socoms, and nobody wants the format to change, just enhaced graphics and gameplay.

No one would complain if this game was called anything else, but it has Socom in its title and there are no Socom elemetns left in it. Yea, i would buy other Zipper shooters that aren't Socom games, I bought MAG day 1 loved it and still love it. But what we want is Socom, and its not what we're getting.
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:21 am
ChainFire420 wrote:Many good points there, but all the fans ever wanted was more Socom. This is not a Socom, and that's why its getting so much negative bashing. We loved the old socoms, and nobody wants the format to change, just enhaced graphics and gameplay.

No one would complain if this game was called anything else, but it has Socom in its title and there are no Socom elemetns left in it. Yea, i would buy other Zipper shooters that aren't Socom games, I bought MAG day 1 loved it and still love it. But what we want is Socom, and its not what we're getting.

If you really want Socom 2 HD, head over to the playstation blog share and put a vote in for Socom 2 HD. I did. I want Socom 2 as bad as the next guy, but I gotta say Socom 4 had me having similar feelings. Holding my breath, swearing, having near heart attacks. I spilled my beer twice, and I never spill beer lol. I just don't want people not giving it a chance and missing out on what I feel is an amazingly fun and addictive game. If they try it and still dont like it, well then to each their own. I just want people giving it a chance lol. Its fun, trust me.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum