SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

Zipper is too scared to answer this - Page 3 Empty Re: Zipper is too scared to answer this

Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:10 pm
DITCH wrote:Nice post ragin. I typed that a few posts ago but my phone internet froze and logged off. Lol I didnt think anyone noticed my posts on the socom 4 forums. Other than 3 or 4 ignorant fanboys.

Nah lol, im not really the "throw my lot in blindly" kinda person. I am always up for a discussion and have no problem discussing stuff with people who don't share the same viewpoint as me lol. Thats what forums are for.
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Zipper is too scared to answer this - Page 3 Empty Re: Zipper is too scared to answer this

Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:46 pm
RaginPhoenix wrote:Just gonna take a stab and offer my view on some of these points.

Grenade Arc - Honestly, a ton of people over the years clamor for realism and further blurring of the line between reality and gaming. In life you do not have a arc telling you exactly where your grenade is going. Instead, through trial and error you learn how to throw and how to achieve certain things. Having played MAG, no grenade arc has no effect whatsoever on me. As for the argument about sensitivity on the trigger, "cooking" a grenade has really come to replace that.

There is this sort of gap between video games and reality. In the real world you can throw your grenades at different strengths, in a video game you can't. That is what the grenade arc simulates, it gives you control over your strength. With that gone, you now always shoot at full strength, giving you less control then you should have.

In MAG you can't even shoot your grenades straight. They leave your hands side ways half the time. They said there was no cooking of the grenades. Did they change that?

Socom view - they have stated numerous times that there will be a day 1 patch that pushes the camera back to a classic view.

They said it wouldn't make it for release day, the day that they announced they were doing it. Honestly, I would rather the CON view then S2, but to each their own.

Socom modes - honestly, if you have payed attention to the polls conducted on this, people are tired of the same old modes. There are only a select group that constantly want the same modes. Its similar to how people now say "I am tired of crossroads, give me something new". There are new modes available, and the old modes will eventually be patched in with time. That being said, I wish that demolition was a mode that was included on the disc.

I did a bunch of the quizzes last night, and I came to find out that a third of the community knows nothing about Socom and Zipper. Most of the questions had 3000 total answers and between 1000-2000 wrong answers. Demo is nice because it can be used for any map, but it made for really crappy symmetrical maps.

Personally all I want back is breach, it made for great maps, and a hard uphill battle.

Socom pistols - taking out pistols was really a puzzling decision. But honestly this is not that big of an issue. This is something to nitpick on. One of the driving factors as to why pistols were taken out is time. The other was the fact that a numerous amount of the glitches that were in previous Socoms utilized the pistol as the catalyst to get into the glitch. However there is a concern where they stated that despite the restriction stating that you cannot have more than one type (AR/AR), Roper confirmed that you could get around that by picking up a second AR off a dead body. This means that essentially you can have a AR/AR combination. Thats a problem in my eyes.

I'm kind of over this now. I can't wait to run around with my P90/MK.48 combo Wink.

To be more serious though, as nice as it would be to get back, wouldn't you guys all rather get more maps and modes with the time it would take to get pistols back?

Socom lean - The biggest driving factor in the lean is the enormous complexity of implementing it. The numerous amount of graphic collisions that would occur would lead to the biggest reason they took it out... GLITCHING. the lean makes it almost impossible to police glitching and the numerous amount of bugs that would result from a free lean would be tremendous.

This will take a lot of time to implement, especially with everything else already done, but they must see how much this adds to the gameplay style.

Controls - The main reason for the restriction on the controls is the fact that it is Move compatible. Any time one tries to market across many channels, it results in simplifications that did not exist in previous versions. There are 5 preset modes, most gamers will be satisfied with the controls available to them.

Agreed, there will be enough options for everyone.

Sprint button - again this is another nitpicking item. There is no real argument against sprint buttons other than, it was not in previous versions. Its just another dynamic to the game that does not change the game at all. If I ever see an argument other than "It wasn't in Socom before" then I will respond to that.

The sprint makes sense, simple as that. You cannot shoot while running at full speed(sprinting. Don't believe me? Try it). There is two possibilities that can happen.

1. You will automatically slow down.

2. You will trip very fast.

Lobbies - I dont want to say anything about this right now but there is an intense debate going on and there is a slight possibility that something may occur. Im going to leave it at that.

I was starting to get the feeling. One month from release and no system in place? There has to be something going on. I know Seth likes his lobbies.

Health Regen - if this is not for you, then play the modes that dont have it. Dont hate on modes that do appeal to other gamers. They included a non-health regen version, and you dont hear the people who support Health Regen calling that stupid. Remember, the more gamers that feel involved and interested, the bigger the community gets. And that is why Socom succeeded. The community.

Agreed.

Honestly, I appreciate people who have an opposing view. But people like Apoc and sometimes you just seem to want the game to fail so badly without ever giving it a chance.

You want to know why this is a Socom? Because at the end of the day, you pick up your control to play with your clan. Meeting buddies and winning games are what makes this game. The rush of adrenaline that leaves you having a near heart attack whenever you come around a corner, laughing when you realize that you actually held your breath while you were sniping. Coordinating with a team and seeing the other team being shredded because of your tactics. Last second heroics, utter domination, complete loss, decisive victory, all these shared with people that you start to feel are more than just a name on the screen. THAT is why this is Socom. That is why this game will be successful. Add to that a rich story line, 5 player coop, and 2 different online experiences, and you have a game where the sky is the limit. The replay value is amazingly high. And as long as the game continues to be supported, it will live strong. Because Socom was always about the gamers and the clans, rather than the game itself.

My thoughts on your thoughts. I can't wait for the 29th.
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:10 pm
Name-less bro, you need to find a better way to quote and reply to things. The colors are almost the same and it basically just doubles a gigantic post. Thats a lot to read through and scroll past :\

I completely agree about everything you said about grenades, 110%

P90/MK.48 combo? Holy fuck, that's exactly why I'm so against dual primaries. I've never liked the F90/P90, starting with Socom 3 and then every game including CoD up to today. A scrub gun, as it were, just like the Model.18.

Bringing pistols back is pointless at this point. No pistol, even a DE.50, can compare to having another primary to switch to, so what it is is what it is.

I actually see and agree with Phoenix about the lean. I don't really think its that necessary, especially with the snap to cover in the standard modes. Since Confrontation, I haven't used the lean at all, except maybe to expand my view around a corner.

Sprint I'm okay with, as much as it seems most people don't like it. I think if you try to shoot though, it should be possible to force you're character to slow down some and hip-fire, like in Uncharted. Just like a light jog shooting from the hip, but i guess that's also not very tactical....not something a trained SEAL or other Special Operatives soldier would do.
FrUsTrAtEd-
FrUsTrAtEd-
JESTER
JESTER

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:10 pm
all I have to say is that BFBC3 looks badass.....and if socom is a flop at least I can buy that.....I know its first person but I have adapted after all the socom garbage lately....and I hope its not a flop but im guessing it is
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:30 pm
ChainFire420 wrote:Name-less bro, you need to find a better way to quote and reply to things. The colors are almost the same and it basically just doubles a gigantic post. Thats a lot to read through and scroll past :\

I completely agree about everything you said about grenades, 110%

P90/MK.48 combo? Holy fuck, that's exactly why I'm so against dual primaries. I've never liked the F90/P90, starting with Socom 3 and then every game including CoD up to today. A scrub gun, as it were, just like the Model.18.

Bringing pistols back is pointless at this point. No pistol, even a DE.50, can compare to having another primary to switch to, so what it is is what it is.

I actually see and agree with Phoenix about the lean. I don't really think its that necessary, especially with the snap to cover in the standard modes. Since Confrontation, I haven't used the lean at all, except maybe to expand my view around a corner.

Sprint I'm okay with, as much as it seems most people don't like it. I think if you try to shoot though, it should be possible to force you're character to slow down some and hip-fire, like in Uncharted. Just like a light jog shooting from the hip, but i guess that's also not very tactical....not something a trained SEAL or other Special Operatives soldier would do.

Sorry about the color Very Happy. I'll fix it next time. I was completely joking about the F90/MK combo. I won't be using that. I was just thinking, what would showcase how ridiculous dual primaries is, and that is what came to me.

I don't care about lean myself. I'll let you in on a little secret. I have had more fun on Confrontation than any other SOCOM game. I just happen to know a lot of people who love that feature. I think that those people deserve that feature. It's a SOCOM staple.

I would rather see prone roll make its way into S4.
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:21 pm
LOL, as long its not Black Ops' window-breaking dives or Confrontation "dophin-dives" we saw before they patched it. But yea, i liked that roll, it was pretty cool for popping out and back into cover.
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:23 pm
ChainFire420 wrote:LOL, as long its not Black Ops' window-breaking dives or Confrontation "dophin-dives" we saw before they patched it. But yea, i liked that roll, it was pretty cool for popping out and back into cover.

It actually made it so proning was useful. I swear to god, proning in Con was like a death sentence.
Banes_fury
REAVER
REAVER

Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:49 am
No lobbies.?? I just cried.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum