SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

TRS Forums "read only mode"

+23
KMART
tbird
PAUL-AWOL-
UnSeenDeath88
ChemoFreak7
Peiper
MACK IS GOD
S_L_I_C_K
Oni64
MR.BLUE
Kill_Frosty
SocomDitch
JRiv_Eagle
Bacterin
xCaZx
TOMBSTONE4U
PRE_-CISION-_
Organ-Donor
Tactical Junglist
Buchanans
1UP
eVo7
Admin
27 posters
Go down
PRE_-CISION-_
PRE_-CISION-_
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

TRS Forums "read only mode" - Page 11 Empty Re: TRS Forums "read only mode"

Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:10 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Why delete accounts? This entire situation is so stupid and should have been discussed on TRS. It really feels like the staff has a personal grudge against the community. Whatever.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:23 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
PRE_-CISION-_ wrote:Why delete accounts? This entire situation is so stupid and should have been discussed on TRS. It really feels like the staff has a personal grudge against the community. Whatever.

Agreed. Its quite ridiculous and extremely disappointing.
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:03 pm
Luke just blocked me on Twitter lol. He made a few smart ass tweets so I responded to one, within about 5 seconds I was blocked. He said something to the affect of "That moment when people who have been toxic try to recruit someone they have been toxic to" so I responded to the effect of "That moment Luke coddles the balls of people who compared his staff to Tom and SOF for not revamping the site to their liking". Guess he can dish it out but can't take it lol.

He also said something to the affect of "If you bash 8 years of volunteer work and someone's character over a forum shut down you are the problem" which is kind of strange because the people who are liking the comment are people who bashed 8 years of volunteer work and all of the staff's character for not overhauling TRS how they wanted and when they wanted it done. The dude has no self awareness and is unable to hide his extreme bias and double standard. Perhaps he should go back and read the archives of what guys like Blue, Tawok, and Big Fry were saying about the staff during that overhaul demand period.

I honestly do appreciate all the efforts Luke put in over the years to keep a fan site going for us but if his goal is to tear down all respect I had for him and act like a petulant child he's doing a fine job of that right now.
1UP
1UP
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA
https://1upsdevelopment.com/

Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:05 pm
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:Luke just blocked me on Twitter lol. He made a few smart ass tweets so I responded to one, within about 5 seconds I was blocked. He said something to the affect of "That moment when people who have been toxic try to recruit someone they have been toxic to" so I responded to the effect of "That moment Luke coddles the balls of people who compared his staff to Tom and SOF for not revamping the site to their liking". Guess he can dish it out but can't take it lol.

He also said something to the affect of "If you bash 8 years of volunteer work and someone's character over a forum shut down you are the problem" which is kind of strange because the people who are liking the comment are people who bashed 8 years of volunteer work and all of the staff's character for not overhauling TRS how they wanted and when they wanted it done. The dude has no self awareness and is unable to hide his extreme bias and double standard. Perhaps he should go back and read the archives of what guys like Blue, Tawok, and Big Fry were saying about the staff during that overhaul demand period.

I honestly do appreciate all the efforts Luke put in over the years to keep a fan site going for us but if his goal is to tear down all respect I had for him and act like a petulant child he's doing a fine job of that right now.
Well that won't happen, they prefer their echo chambers.
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:13 pm
Deleting their accounts after they came here to make posts that should have been made on their own website to begin with shows what their true intents were.

They didnt come here to listen to our thoughts on the decision or to even be truthful about why they closed shop. They came here as a way to try to justify their retarded decision. And when they saw they had literally zero support from everyone here, people who dont always see eye-to-eye, people who sometimes have been at each others throats, they backed off like scared little children.

To the TRS Staff, YOU PULLED A SOCOM 4. You failed to do your job. You failed to listen to the community. You failed to enforce the rules of your site. Your failed to keep your words. You pandered to people who gave 2 shits about the community. You provided a wild west environment, promoting things like a Haters Ball, then made a big fuss when people got "offended" over some words. Then you gave the community a dagger in the back, spit on them and then took your ball and went home.

If you are gonna make stupid ass decisions, atleast face the music instead of being cowards and deleting your accounts.
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:13 pm
One thing I will say though is that if Luke or Animal don't like something being said here or feel someone has stated a falsehood that they want to take to task they are more then welcome to reactivate or recreate an account to speak their piece and won't be asked to sugar coat it. One thing I will never do here is to try to silence someone or create an echo chamber to control a narrative. I'll allow everyone to speak their piece and not just allow certain opinions to be shown to push any kind of agenda. Creating echo chambers and censoring views that contrast with the narrative you are pushing is what people do when they don't have facts on their side and want to win some sort of debate by default through simply silencing any counterpoint.
S_L_I_C_K
S_L_I_C_K
REAVER
REAVER

Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:23 pm
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:Luke just blocked me on Twitter lol. He made a few smart ass tweets so I responded to one, within about 5 seconds I was blocked. He said something to the affect of "That moment when people who have been toxic try to recruit someone they have been toxic to" so I responded to the effect of "That moment Luke coddles the balls of people who compared his staff to Tom and SOF for not revamping the site to their liking". Guess he can dish it out but can't take it lol.

you see why i put them on the list with the other scumbags?   they are just like them, luke is no different than tom or redline or any of the other low lifes. backbones must be hard to come by these days...  oh well, i say fuck em. hopefully this is the last we see of any of them.
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:25 pm
MACK IS GOD wrote:I dont think Animal deserves to eat too much shit on this one. People are free to have their own view on things, but in all honesty we all know this wasnt HIS decision. So he really doesnt need to have any real shit flung in his direction. He was asked to be the frontman and he did the job he agreed to do for TRS and made the announcement they wanted made.

I also think its a shame he just made the comment he made, because thats not what I think anyone really wants. People should be able to post here and be heard just like at TRS.

Luke made this decision. Im sure he consulted with the other owners, but I think is fair to say he was behind the decision. And the way he went about was wrong. Period. The fact that he came here and made a half assed attempt at explaining himself and now Animal made the statement he made is even more evidence that this was a punitive action and thats truly unfortunate.
I agree with this. Animal is just their scapegoat being used by Luke and co. That lame ass final read only post that they had Animal made should have been from Luke. Sending Animal out there to do their dirty work shows how cowardly the MIA staff was and how they didnt care about the community anymore.

Animal tried his best. There is only so much shit one person can handle and since none of the other staff did their jobs, he was put into roles that he simply couldnt handle. The only thing I wont let him off the hook about is not banning the chronic trolls, he didnt keep his word on that front and I have no problems holding him accountable for that.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum