SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Tell me what you think "NEW"

+7
xCaZx
PAUL-AWOL-
MACK IS GOD
Buchanans
TOMBSTONE4U
Oni64
UnSeenDeath88
11 posters
Go down
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Tell me what you think "NEW" - Page 4 Empty Re: Tell me what you think "NEW"

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:55 pm
See I figured you were just showing a concept but it sounds like you guys are talking about just moving to that forum now. So is it pretty much finished or should we hang out here for now till it's completed? I mean I don't know if you still have things to add to it or if this is like the finished product where we are supposed to now switch over?
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:02 pm
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:See I figured you were just showing a concept but it sounds like you guys are talking about just moving to that forum now. So is it pretty much finished or should we hang out here for now till it's completed? I mean I don't know if you still have things to add to it or if this is like the finished product where we are supposed to now switch over?

I was going to go back and forth for a little while until everyone got settled in over there. Its been a transition period and with TRS not allowing anyone to be directed here to begin with, I thought we shouldnt all jump over there at once if a few more members trickle in here as they see TRS is shut down.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:07 pm
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:See I figured you were just showing a concept but it sounds like you guys are talking about just moving to that forum now. So is it pretty much finished or should we hang out here for now till it's completed? I mean I don't know if you still have things to add to it or if this is like the finished product where we are supposed to now switch over?

I want everyone to get used to it first before migrating over there.. I agree with Mack, let's use this place for the meantime and suggest new users sign up over there..

It's up to you guys man, if yall want to stay here I'm cool with that.. I do want to play with it a bit more and get used to some features and work on adding some things..

I feel nothing wrong with registering up and play around over there and see if you like it..

The overall outcome is I would like to see is everyone migrate to the new forum over time and help me by copying and pasting content from here to over there, but it can be a casual move, no hurry.

Last edited by PAUL-AWOL- on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:10 pm
If we are going to move, why not purchase a domain and have someone like 1UP get us some forums going? That way if we need to upgrade the forums down the road, the domain name stays the same and we likely would not lose all the prior post history too.

A domain cost like 10 bucks a year and the cost for a webhost is very affordable monthly. Its up to you guys.
1UP
1UP
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA
https://1upsdevelopment.com/

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:13 pm
dizee wrote:If we are going to move, why not purchase a domain and have someone like 1UP get us some forums going? That way if we need to upgrade the forums down the road, the domain name stays the same and we likely would not lose all the prior post history too.

A domain cost like 10 bucks a year and the cost for a webhost is very affordable monthly. Its up to you guys.
Hosting wouldn't cost anything since I was offering to do that anyways.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:16 pm
dizee wrote:If we are going to move, why not purchase a domain and have someone like 1UP get us some forums going? That way if we need to upgrade the forums down the road, the domain name stays the same and we likely would not lose all the prior post history too.

I'll start a patreon and raise the money.

Top tier patreons get exclusive access to my live Zucchini Show.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:17 pm

I am going to upfront with you on this one, just my opinion.. Until a new Socom game is released and things pick up a little more with in the Socom world I feel spending money on a forum and domain name is wasting money..

The last time I had a domain for the site was when Confrontation came out and I paid to have ad removal.. When it comes to web hosting that can run you some change any where from 19.99 month for pretty much I what have on the new forum minus the ads up to 40 a month that is maintained by a rep.

Buying a new website is something i really don't feel is needed with the amount of folks interested in Socom.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:19 pm
1UP wrote:

Hosting wouldn't cost anything since I was offering to do  that anyways.

Just curious what web browser would you use and if you want and the creative juices are flowing,, LOL,, why not give us a template to look at.. I love this kind of shit.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum