SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

This link does say Beta Card Holders should be first Empty This link does say Beta Card Holders should be first

Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:49 am
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/19/buy-killzone-3-get-early-access-to-the-socom-4-multiplayer-beta/

It's from the Playstation Blog, I think this is could be used as an official document ?
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

This link does say Beta Card Holders should be first Empty Re: This link does say Beta Card Holders should be first

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:18 pm
Early Access is all it says, the same as everywhere else. And i guess the term "Early" simply means "before open access". Kinda mad that Plus users get in before Beta Card holders. Oh well, nothing we can do about that.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

This link does say Beta Card Holders should be first Empty Re: This link does say Beta Card Holders should be first

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:22 pm
ChainFire420 wrote:Early Access is all it says, the same as everywhere else. And i guess the term "Early" simply means "before open access". Kinda mad that Plus users get in before Beta Card holders. Oh well, nothing we can do about that.

The card itself says Early Access but the blog link above says they would be first. Kind of mis leading because the Blog was out first advertising and people assumed first meant before everyone else. I am so glad I rented KZ3 first, I didn't care for the game at all, let alone knowing the Beta Card got you in 2 weeks later than it opens.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:23 pm
PAUL-AWOL- wrote:
ChainFire420 wrote:Early Access is all it says, the same as everywhere else. And i guess the term "Early" simply means "before open access". Kinda mad that Plus users get in before Beta Card holders. Oh well, nothing we can do about that.

The card itself says Early Access but the blog link above says they would be first. Kind of mis leading and people assumed first meant before everyone else. I am so glad I rented KZ3 first, I didn't care for the game at all, let alone knowing the Beta Card got you in 2 weeks later than it opens.
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:07 pm
The end of the first paragraph. "If you want to experience SOCOM 4’s 32-player multiplayer battles first, buying Killzone 3 is the easiest way to get access."

That is a statement. It does say the easiest way, but in that context it means easiest to get first access.

There is one of two possibilities.

1. It is the truth and the first 2 phases will not have access to 32 player matches.

2. Sony lied in a official statement.
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:50 pm
I still think "first" is just a reference to the final product. We get to play Socom 4 multiplayer "first" because its a beta before the game comes out. i don't think they intended it to mean before the private beta.

Or maybe they hadn't considered Plus, and Sony probably threw that at them, cause being a Plus member gets you exclusive access to MOST betas so Zipper could have had that thrown on them at last minute, and made an additional "stage".

I think you guys read too much into things :\
Its literally one word in an old post.

Besides Paul, you're already getting in on stage one, the private beta.
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:23 pm
ChainFire420 wrote:I still think "first" is just a reference to the final product. We get to play Socom 4 multiplayer "first" because its a beta before the game comes out. i don't think they intended it to mean before the private beta.

Or maybe they hadn't considered Plus, and Sony probably threw that at them, cause being a Plus member gets you exclusive access to MOST betas so Zipper could have had that thrown on them at last minute, and made an additional "stage".

I think you guys read too much into things :\
Its literally one word in an old post.

Besides Paul, you're already getting in on stage one, the private beta.

First means first. I see no room for interpretation. This is the post that got the people that bought KZ3 for the beta to do that.

It was Sony that made that post not Zipper, so they would have known the plans for the beta, as they are the marketing guys, they guys who get the final say.

It isn't reading into it too much. There are actually people who bought the game because of that "one word." I feel that they have done those people wrong for doing that to them.
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:46 pm
Anyone who bought a game for "early access" to a beta is an idiot. In a hundred places it clearly says "Early Access" which, in classic Zipper style, is a generalized way of avoiding giving specific times/dates/explanations. Early Access means before its available to everyone. People who read too much into things, for one specific word in only one place are just looking to cause trouble.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum