SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Cutting the cord to cable TV - Page 3 Empty Re: Cutting the cord to cable TV

Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:07 am
do the no rush shipping and stack the $1 credits to buy PSN cards.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:10 am
MACK IS GOD wrote:
PAUL-AWOL- wrote:I was leaning more towards Tivo because I can record shows and shit on it.. It's expensive but has good reviews.

Bro I'll give you my Prime password and let you check out whats available....

Im telling you, 12 bucks a month that shit is a bargain.

No need, I just bought it. 99 dollars.. I looked into it and you can't beat it. No one has this much free shit to give. The first thing that caught my eye was all channels..

Going to watch the Tick tonight..
UnSeenDeath88
UnSeenDeath88
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:16 am
Get one of the streaming boxes, like Amazon and then download kodi.  If your internet connection is decent then you will have no problem, other than some server side shit since it is homebrew app and the legality is questionable.  That's what we use, though we don't watch much for live tv anymore,  Can't wait to join the modern times and get faster than dsl internet, going to be getting supposedly 50 in time for thanksgiving, so hopefully that helps with picture quality especially on live tv like football games and shit.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:09 am
PAUL-AWOL- wrote:
MACK IS GOD wrote:
PAUL-AWOL- wrote:I was leaning more towards Tivo because I can record shows and shit on it.. It's expensive but has good reviews.

Bro I'll give you my Prime password and let you check out whats available....

Im telling you, 12 bucks a month that shit is a bargain.

No need, I just bought it. 99 dollars.. I looked into it and you can't beat it. No one has this much free shit to give. The first thing that caught my eye was all channels..

Going to watch the Tick tonight..
 Chexk out their show called "Bosch".

Pure kino.
SocomDitch
BOOMER
BOOMER

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:20 am
I used to listen to the books on audible, now I’ve watched all 3 seasons of Bosch
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:42 am
SocomDitch wrote:I used to listen to the books on audible, now I’ve watched all 3 seasons of Bosch

Books?

I wasnt aware there were books. 

Whats your opinion of the series?
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:15 am
PAUL-AWOL- wrote:Ok, I am seriously considering cutting off my cable and going HD Antennae. There are so many ways to watch TV now that paying 200 a month for cable and internet is crazy..

Anyone cut the cord with cable and what set up or equipment are you using.. Tivo, Sling etc..

I do have a kick ass antennae in my attic just in case my cable goes out and it did work great during the last hurricane. So, that's my start....
Personally I'm planning on getting an HD antenna soon to cut the cord. I'll probably get the one my father has which is pretty nice called the "Antennas Direct Clearstream 4 Outdoor UHF HDTV Antenna" according to the product description at BJ's wholesale where he got it. It says outdoor but he just has it in his attic and gets a decent amount of channels despite being near some high voltage power lines which sometimes causes issues for people. Some places sell it for like 149.99 but at BJ's wholesale you get it for like 99.00 if you have a membership card so I'll probably just go grab my father's card off him to buy it when I'm ready to. I think he had my older brother who works at Verizon make him like a 30 or 40 foot cable cord so that he could wire it from the attic down to the cellar aling the chimney shaft and then back up through his living room floor right behind the TV just so you don't have to have cable wires all over the place in the house.

He also has that Amazon TV where you can watch a lot of stuff free with an Amazon Prime account. I mean it is limited from what I can tell when I stayed at his house to watch his dogs while he was on vacation. You get a decent amount of movies and some TV shows you can watch, some shows though especially newer more popular shows might let you only watch the first season and then require you to buy more episodes. But I mean while I was at his house I remember finding the Sopranos on there and it let me watch like the first 6 seasons of it free. Way I see it though is without the monthly cable bill you'd have extra money anyways if you see shows on there you do like so maybe if you really like a show you feel like you could watch over and over again you could always by the seasons for the show you want and then expand what you can watch on it over time.

The only thing that sucks is like even after you get rid of the high cable bill you still wind up spending like over a hundred bucks just for the internet to get the best speed they have for doing a lot of streaming which is what most people rely on heavily after ditching cable TV. That's how it is hear with xfinity at least. If you just get standard internet some streams will freeze an do the buffering thing on occasion so you kind of have to get their best speed if you want less chances of interrupted streams.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:56 am
TOMB nailed it.. That's my issue, I still need the top of the line Internet due to gaming and everyone in my house living on Ipads.. 

I called Xfinity last night and to keep the internet I have it is going to cost me 99 dollars alone.. My current cable plan with internet included is 129.00 which is a special deal I got.

But here is why I pay 204 a month. My X1 DVR boxes, my modem, and HDMI channels, Sports package.. So do I keep all my channels and pay 30 more a month or go through all the hassle of going Antennae and saving a tank of gas a month.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum