SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Open Mics in S4 Empty Open Mics in S4

Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:56 pm
I just read a thread on the socom.com forums and it got me thinking about open mics. I would really like to see it as an option. I know, you may have some pretty bad feelings about OM based off of recent experiences (MOH), but here me out here. MAG has a fairly functional open mic system that I have yet to have issues with. The system seems to be pretty good at filtering back ground noise and you don't get all of those kids screaming for two big reasons:

1. A more mature audience acts more mature.

2. The biggest reason to me, a vote option.

Now in S4 you would likely see an improved version of the MAG system. Our SOCOM community has never been that tolerant, especially when it comes to screaming kids. Let me ask you this. How long do you really think some kid yelling would be able to stay in the room before they would get voted out?

Please note I would still want PTT as the main system of chat, and this would work as a channel sort of idea. Also, I only play MAG as Raven so you may have had different experiences then me if you played under a different faction.
Anonymous

Open Mics in S4 Empty Re: Open Mics in S4

Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:51 pm
Resistance 1 had the best mic system
pick a squad
open mic in your squad
Ptt to talk to the rest of the team
There was also a mute option
That.in my opinion is the best mic system ever
Anonymous

Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:52 pm
You could change squads anytime during the game too
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:54 pm
DITCH wrote:Resistance 1 had the best mic system
pick a squad
open mic in your squad
Ptt to talk to the rest of the team
There was also a mute option
That.in my opinion is the best mic system ever

It sounds perfect to me. In a SOCOM version, instead of squads there would be "OM channels" to join. It would make it feel more SOCOM authentic.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum