SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

My email to Zipper's assistant Producer Cade Myers - Page 2 Empty Re: My email to Zipper's assistant Producer Cade Myers

Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:18 pm
[BER]NAME-LESS wrote:
RaginPhoenix wrote:Honestly man, I don't see any of the comparisons to Modern Warfare at all. Yes this has a MAG feel to it but that is due to the fact that they used the MAG engine. If Sony took the time to develop a new engine of course they are going to use it. Also keep in mind that a lot of the changes were made due to feedback generated through years of fans, not just recently. Trust me they have not ruined the game at all. I got that SoCrack in my veins and I barely got a taste. This game is amazingly addicting. Its a huge step forward in the shooter platform. Remember, most of the guys complaining have never even seen the game. They just like to whine lol

Are you in the media scratch ? I got the Modern Warfare comparison from the dual primaries and similar TPV/OTS zoom. Other than that, the other features are shared with tons of games, and the reason it looks so much like MAG is because the character models are almost identical to Valor.

You have to admit, the respawn mode + the XP system + the sabotage mode seems to be exactly like MAG. Oh well, excited for classic and MAG I can kick some COD scrub ass in respawn when I get bored.

I have seen enough to know I'm mad, but I have also seen enough to know I'm going to like it more then any other shooter this year.

The xp system is nothing like MAG, the basic weapons unlock is like any shooter post COD era but the xp per weapons is a useful twist on the xp concept. And no longer are you rewarded for just logging in many hours. Skill is at the forefront and easily accessible. The dual primaries was actually a concept that was played around with before COD, just because COD was the largest success doesnt mean their concepts are unique. About the MAG similarities in look, thats what using the same Game engine will give you. Not a bad thing at all. The sabotage mode is a successful part of MAG and is another option that the community will enjoy. Demolition is going to be a blast and everyone will remember why they like Socom in the first place. No im not in the media, but my ties to Socom and Sony reach back to Socom 1. Also I am an amazingly logical person who has some kinda disorder where I never panic lol
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

My email to Zipper's assistant Producer Cade Myers - Page 2 Empty Re: My email to Zipper's assistant Producer Cade Myers

Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:41 pm
RaginPhoenix wrote:
[BER]NAME-LESS wrote:
RaginPhoenix wrote:Honestly man, I don't see any of the comparisons to Modern Warfare at all. Yes this has a MAG feel to it but that is due to the fact that they used the MAG engine. If Sony took the time to develop a new engine of course they are going to use it. Also keep in mind that a lot of the changes were made due to feedback generated through years of fans, not just recently. Trust me they have not ruined the game at all. I got that SoCrack in my veins and I barely got a taste. This game is amazingly addicting. Its a huge step forward in the shooter platform. Remember, most of the guys complaining have never even seen the game. They just like to whine lol

Are you in the media scratch ? I got the Modern Warfare comparison from the dual primaries and similar TPV/OTS zoom. Other than that, the other features are shared with tons of games, and the reason it looks so much like MAG is because the character models are almost identical to Valor.

You have to admit, the respawn mode + the XP system + the sabotage mode seems to be exactly like MAG. Oh well, excited for classic and MAG I can kick some COD scrub ass in respawn when I get bored.

I have seen enough to know I'm mad, but I have also seen enough to know I'm going to like it more then any other shooter this year.

The xp system is nothing like MAG, the basic weapons unlock is like any shooter post COD era but the xp per weapons is a useful twist on the xp concept. And no longer are you rewarded for just logging in many hours. Skill is at the forefront and easily accessible. The dual primaries was actually a concept that was played around with before COD, just because COD was the largest success doesnt mean their concepts are unique. About the MAG similarities in look, thats what using the same Game engine will give you. Not a bad thing at all. The sabotage mode is a successful part of MAG and is another option that the community will enjoy. Demolition is going to be a blast and everyone will remember why they like Socom in the first place. No im not in the media, but my ties to Socom and Sony reach back to Socom 1. Also I am an amazingly logical person who has some kinda disorder where I never panic lol

I know the XP system is different, it is just a generalization that people do because they are freaked about that big of a change to SOCOM. Also, COD is the example used simply because it is recent and successful. Nobody ever said COD was unique, well maybe some people, but COD popularized a lot of these features to the average joe, therefor they become COD features. It's just like when people compare SOCOM to counterstrike, they are in no way the same game yet people claim SOCOM is a rip-off. Now Modern Combat: Domination on the other hand is. Only when you make a generalization and take away the unique implementation of features is when you can say SOCOM is copying MAG or MAG is copying COD.

I wrote my other comment poorly and didn't come across the way I wanted to. I was just trying to explain how other people see these things. As far as the engine goes, it does make the graphics similar as well as the scenery(even though S4 has better graphics), but it doesn't make the characters look the same. That's all up to the artist. You won't see a single comparison to Raven(well maybe when we see Clawhammer a little more), because the character models aren't the same. The SEAL with the bandana could be placed in MAG and nobody would know the difference.
Anonymous

Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:22 pm
Respawn. Health regen. Blood splatter!. A
Killstreaks.airstrikes.. cod control scheme. No socom game modes.uav. Not even socom camera view
Anonymous

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:22 pm
tell me why
why remove grenade arc. only to add fucking contrails???
who's dumbass idea was that?
duhr hey huh huh I gots an idear, lets take out grenade arc
and put them white lines maybe smokey trail behind grenades
that way the noobs can tell where peoples are tossing nades from
huh huh
extra noob friendly.
lets give them training wheels too
enemy name tags the last 2 minutes of a round just to fuck up the fake classic mode even more
what the fuck. no this game is definitely not socom
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:56 pm
DITCH wrote:tell me why
why remove grenade arc. only to add fucking contrails???
who's dumbass idea was that?
duhr hey huh huh I gots an idear, lets take out grenade arc
and put them white lines maybe smokey trail behind grenades
that way the noobs can tell where peoples are tossing nades from
huh huh
extra noob friendly.
lets give them training wheels too
enemy name tags the last 2 minutes of a round just to fuck up the fake classic mode even more
what the fuck. no this game is definitely not socom

U MAD?
Anonymous

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:03 pm
yes I am
if they didnt call it socom I would be fine
but this fuckup means no hope for future socoms from them
all future socoms or rather fake socoms
will be so dumbed down and devoid of anything like what socom once was
even the fake classic mode will be missing from future titles
Gamble_STARS
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:21 pm
Well I know Future Soldier is not going to be a failure. GRAW has had a great fan base for some time. I would include RB6 and GR to be in the "hard core" shooter category with SOCOM and Counter Strike.
Anonymous

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:24 pm
I like r6vegas 2, I turn on high stakes mode, I hate health regen
graw was ok, I tried it but it didnt hook me
loved counter strike, thats why I got modern combat domination, broken game but it was only $8
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum