View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kingGILLEY
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

PostSubject: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:06 pm

S4TT - Check it out

I just set up this socom 4 tournament website. There will be multiple tournaments going simultaneously (as many as can be filled). They will be quick tournaments, all taking less than a week to complete. This is for clans that want play in a friendly competitive environment. Your clan must be able to war almost everyday of the week. We do not want to be waiting on clans to war, so that we can continue a tournament.

Check it out and see if you like the setup and please feel free to give me feedback.
Back to top Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:08 pm

Thanks Gilley, I hope it takes off, great idea. When Socom 4 is up and running I will sign my Clan up.

Back to top Go down
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/
[-x] RuGgEdfoO
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:47 pm

Sounds good, very interesting....

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
http://www.xecutionrs.com

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:23 pm

have fun with your tournament, Paul nobody on my roster on con is getting this game, you will find us on con and socom 2
DITCH
Igneous
Holy_Bawlz
MrPushrod
Liar Liar
Brown_Hornet
ZigZAG
Rotten Steve
Bladed Thesis
D-real44
few others

Back to top Go down
kingGILLEY
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:17 pm

Been working hard on the website, and have been able to streamline it to a point where it can handle hundreds of clans at one time, if need be. I have also made it so I can appoint admins to help me run the site. All of the tournament brackets have been loaded online and can be updated directly to the site. This allows for fast bracket updating so the users can get more wars in. I will probably be looking for one or two admins initially (because I want to play the game too, not just be updating brackets all day), but if it really takes off then we will have a team going and maybe put admins in charge of different sections of the website (ie. 4v4 tournaments, 8v8, 16v16, custom, etc.)

If anyone knows a little about managing a website (its weeble, one of the easiest ones I have ever used) and good knowledge of google docs and is interested in being a admin, let me know.
Back to top Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:42 pm

DITCH wrote:
have fun with your tournament, Paul nobody on my roster on con is getting this game, you will find us on con and socom 2
DITCH
Igneous
Holy_Bawlz
MrPushrod
Liar Liar
Brown_Hornet
ZigZAG
Rotten Steve
Bladed Thesis
D-real44
few others

Don't give up just yet, I have been hearing rumors that Demo may make a come back along with moving the Camera back to a Socom 1 look. Ohhh and D-Pad lean hasn't been ruled out yet either. I look at it like this, I have purchased all of COD games along with just about every shooter out. I play games to be with my Clan and if this game brings the Clan together then I am all for it. Like I said before, I spent 65 dollars on Medal of honor and played it for 3 hours max. I know Socom 4 will get more time than that regardless how it turns out. Just another game to play with our Clan is how I will view it if it doesn't meet my Socom feel.

Being open minded for your Clan is what makes a Clan great, I know The Beer Clan is very wide spread and I bet you don't even have half the crew on your friends list, but when Socom 4 hits the sheleves everyone will buy it regardless what it plays like because we all know it says Socom on it and we are a Socom Clan per say. Your choice I guess, and I don't like the direction Socom 4 has gone either, but it won't keep me from buying it because I know it will be Clan friendly. You can create a Clan up to 128 people, appoint officers, have Clan Wars with in your Clan. Challenge other Clans,, so for me alone this is the best game out for our Clan to bring us all to one game.

Also, we have many members who love COD respawn type games and Socom 4 will bring them back. So my point is, this game will be great for Clans.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:36 pm

I feel as though buying the game shows zipper that we support them destroying socom. Radar and etags are noob features for dummies.i would consider getting it used if you could turn that crap off.
Back to top Go down
Banes_fury
REAVER
REAVER

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:35 am

DITCH, is it that bad.???

voxclan.forumclan.com
www.forthewingaming.net
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:05 am

It sure as hell aint socom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:59 am

Sorry gilley didnt meam to hijack your thread. Back to the tournament.
Back to top Go down
Admin
OPS COM
OPS COM

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:34 am

DITCH wrote:
Sorry gilley didnt meam to hijack your thread. Back to the tournament.
Trust me Gilley knows how everyone feels, and if the game ends up not being what I wanted in a SOCOM game then I will just treat it like any other Shooter out.

Zipper didn't take the franchise in the right direction and I agree with that and I don't see anything in SOCOM 4 that says SOCOM is in it anywhere. But if they clean up Classic Mode, add all the missing features we are asking for, including Demo, "Dltch it may OK".
Back to top Go down
http://socomfans.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:33 pm

If that all happened i might get it used.thats a big might...socom is the reason I got a ps3.i remember when all my friends got their 360s my wife said to me." Socom will never be on it". So I waited for the ps3. And have waited for 5 years. And this is what we get....makes me depressed and wanting to shoot my ps3 with my ak47 and become an xbox doosh like the rest of my real life friends
Back to top Go down
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:15 pm

You have an AK-47..........................?

Signing out.
Back to top Go down
kingGILLEY
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:33 pm

After playing it I felt it was very similar to socom, but not the same socom we have become accustomed to. It is still a very competitive TPS. It may not be the socom everyone wanted, but I think you guys will really be missing out on a great game here if you dont get it. Definitely wait until the beta to make up your mind though.

I think a lot of people are hung up on the fact that its not "socom" and fail to see that it is going to be an amazing game. Any socom fan that would buy COD or Killzone instead of Socom 4, is not a true socom fan <---Just my opinion... Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:49 pm

Not to flame you or be rude gilley but imo any socom fan or socom purist would only buy this game used instead of new to show zipper that we do not support their passing this game off as socom. A socom purist is completely against radar and etags and the removal of all things socom from this game. This game is mag2 in 3rd person with rounds and alot less options than the last gen socoms... And yes among my many other guns I own an ak47
Back to top Go down
kingGILLEY
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:09 pm

I am against e-tags. That is the only thing I am fighting for right now. All Im saying is socom 4 might not be as good as the "socom" we wanted, but if its better than any other shooter it would be dumb to by another shooter out of spite. And if people dont buy socom 4 "to teach zipper a lesson", the next one will be even less like socom or there wont be a next one.

There are far more options in Socom 4 than S1-CA, Con might have had more customization.
Back to top Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:57 pm

Yeah, no doubt stupid E-TAGS need to go. Roper posted some updates today on Socom.com and it looks like to me, rubbin on my Crystal Ball, E_TAGS may be gone from Classic.

Back to top Go down
kingGILLEY
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:21 pm

I'm guessings changed but not gone
Back to top Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:12 pm

What can you really change about E-TAGS. I guess may be having the option to click on or off. But other than that, removing them from Classic Mode needs to happen.

Back to top Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:54 pm

@kingGILLEY wrote:
I'm guessings changed but not gone
They are gone, I had a feeling this was the only way to do this. They are listening to the Fans, may be D-PAD LEAN is next. affraid

Last edited by PAUL-AWOL- on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:53 pm

Dpad lean. Lobbies .i dont understand why they can't do lobbies and matchmaking slant 6 was able to do lobbies and quick matches. And pistols are in sp so why not mp? ill buy this game used after they add socom game modes . If they charge for game modes then fuck them
Back to top Go down
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:30 pm

DITCH wrote:
Dpad lean. Lobbies .i dont understand why they can't do lobbies and matchmaking slant 6 was able to do lobbies and quick matches. And pistols are in sp so why not mp? ill buy this game used after they add socom game modes . If they charge for game modes then fuck them

Lobbies are complex and time consuming, Slant 6 failed with both lobbies and QM. Pistols aren't in SP or MP. They are non-existent in S4 and like D-Pad lean they require new animations are graphics. On top of that they require calibration and multiple models.

Signing out.
Back to top Go down
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:00 pm

@NAME-LESS wrote:
DITCH wrote:

Lobbies are complex and time consuming, Slant 6 failed with both lobbies and QM. Pistols aren't in SP or MP. They are non-existent in S4 and like D-Pad lean they require new animations are graphics. On top of that they require calibration and multiple models.
Yeah your right, in order to put D-PAD lean in the game it would require all new movement dynamics to incorporate, which we may never see because it's not flipping a switch and adding Snap to Cover which was already coded.

Lobbies is SOCOM, and this is the biggest disappoint in the game IMO to date.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:05 pm

Slant 6 didnt fail with lobbies and quickmatching, they both work.
it is gay that you cant type in the lobbies
Back to top Go down
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:25 pm

@PAUL-AWOL- wrote:
@NAME-LESS wrote:
DITCH wrote:

Yeah your right, in order to put D-PAD lean in the game it would require all new movement dynamics to incorporate, which we may never see because it's not flipping a switch and adding Snap to Cover which was already coded.

Lobbies is SOCOM, and this is the biggest disappoint in the game IMO to date.

Well, they have been hinting that they may be willing to add in lobbies when they get our feedback on the whole game.

DITCH wrote:
Slant 6 didnt fail with lobbies and quickmatching, they both work.
it is gay that you cant type in the lobbies

The lobbies didn't have UCRR of the proper medleys, but you are right they did work. The QM system on the other hand, is the laggiest, and most faulty matchmaking system that has ever plagued the gaming world.

Signing out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website   

Back to top Go down

Socom 4 Tactical Tournaments Website
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SOCOM DISCUSSIONS :: REPRESENT YOUR CLAN-
Jump to: