SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Revolutionary Thought - Page 2 Empty Re: Revolutionary Thought

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:25 am
ChainFire420 wrote:As i read the OP and the following posts, a few simple thoughts came to mind. I have a way of taking things all the way down to the simplest form possible, and work from there. So here are a few of the "thoughts" that came to me as i read through this.

Oil.
Technology.
Marijuana.

1) It is impossible for mankind to be without "need". Everyone "needs" something, and the biggest "need" that mankind has (in this era, and those past) is Oil. This is what has the entire world both at balance and imbalance. It runs everything and without access to it, we're pretty fucked.

2) The Solution to (1) of course is the advance of technology. We can (and have) found ways around oil, but we still aren't in the age where we can make oil obsolete or, at the very least, make us less dependant on it. BUT, we are getting there, it is only a matter of time, if, of course, we don't all destroy ourselves before then.

If anyone has ever watched the TV series from a few years back Star Trek "Enterprise" which took place before the original Star Trek series' and was right as mankind was making its first real voyage out into space and to interact with other species. This, of course, is a sci-fi concept and all that but you can't help but think that it would be nice that one day mankind could all be united under one banner, humans from "Earth". Hell, if we ever reach that age, we'll be using plasmic energy and other abstract elements for fuel and energy rather than oil.

The thing I have always liked about Star Trek is the concepts they have are all very plausible. I like Enterprise a lot, almost as much as Quantum Leap Wink

The problem with all living creatures, is that we are all different, so naturally we fight and kill each other. We can never be one until we finally make the transition from animal to civilized. Religions don't help with this much either. To have multiple religions. and for those religions to have power ultimately means war.

I hope I get to live to see a day of peace on Earth.

3) So like in the OP, you were talking about thinking positive and using positive energy over negative energy to drive away the negativity. Marijuana has been the "peace" between cultures since the beginning of time. It of course would be ridiculous if the world leaders were just high all the time, but having "peace talks" and discussing future courses of action would be easier if they were stoned, and at ease, telling jokes and laughing. The world can't continue when everything is a power struggle, we need positive energy to fuel good intentions.

I don't do any drugs, nor do I support anyone having a drug habit, but I do think people should have that choice(I'm not suggesting cocaine should be legal. That stuff will fuck you up). I do think the world needs to learn to laugh a little more. Especially the people at the top.

DITCH wrote:society today teaches people that there are no consequences to their actions
I teach my kids that they dont get everything they want
they need to take responsibility for their own actions
everything that happens to them is not somebody elses fault.
the world needs to man up and take responsibility and stop passing the buck
blaming someone else for your problems, good post Blue

Of all the things said in this thread, Ditch, I like what you have here and think that this is just about the most basic way to view everything, and that right there a great many problems can be fixed. Like you said, people need to stop blaming others for their actions and need to take responsibility for things.

Who am I? I'm nobody. I almost don't even exist in this world, but I do stand by codes of honor and respect for those around, regardless who they are. I've never served in the military, but if there's one thing that soldiers understand that the rest of the world needs to grasp: it's about the person standing next to you. People need to start caring about the next guy.

I think that is something we can all agree on. Even if it is on a much bigger scale then the military(yet smaller at the same time), we all depend on each other.

Ignorance is a magical thing. It is something that is taught to people, and it can be reversed. There needs to be more education about the kind of things that can be found in this thread.

I need to thank you again Mr. Blue. This thread has had more effect on me than you can imagine(figuratively). cheers cheers cheers cheers
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:58 am
Ah, religion. Thanks, forgot about that one. I don't think there will ever be a solution for that one that will suit everyone. People believe what they want to be believe because it gives them a grasp on reality, whether for better or for worse.
Anonymous

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:09 pm
I try to keep things basic
simple
I want to understand what someone is trying to communicate to me
and I dont want to be misunderstood.
I have this in my resume, worded a little differently though
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum