SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Nocom 4 - ChainFire's compiled opinions - Page 3 Empty Re: Nocom 4 - ChainFire's compiled opinions

Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:26 am
RaginPhoenix wrote:
Assault and Battery is usually a pretty protected spawn map. What do you mean you were sniped as soon as you spawned? Was there a lag? A slight delay? Or you spawned like normal and went down quick? Its really no different than spawning in dg and rushing to middle building and getting popped.

Classic Suppression doesn't spawn you in the "protected spawns" like it does in respawn, apparently. You spawn in front of those spawns, i assume so people cant just camp in the spawn where the other team cant go.

Maybe I just had some bad rooms because the camping was just awful and usually out of the 10 rounds, 3 or 4 would be due to time running out.
RaginPhoenix
JESTER
JESTER

Nocom 4 - ChainFire's compiled opinions - Page 3 Empty Re: Nocom 4 - ChainFire's compiled opinions

Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:21 pm
I don't mean protected spawns in the respawn sense but rather in the sense that it would take a damn lucky quick shot or a luck grenade to take someone out in the first 3 seconds.

My experience is that if your playing with a good group of people, its an extremely fun game. Otherwise is a boring, drawn out game. I don't have the patience to camp for the sake of camping so I usually rush to start if off. I love being behind someone who thinks they are safe behind the cover. LOL

I am digging the classic depending on the people. Hate the respawn though. Probably would just use it to warm up my gun game.
NAME-LESS
NAME-LESS
KAHUNA
KAHUNA

Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:50 am
RaginPhoenix wrote:I don't mean protected spawns in the respawn sense but rather in the sense that it would take a damn lucky quick shot or a luck grenade to take someone out in the first 3 seconds.

My experience is that if your playing with a good group of people, its an extremely fun game. Otherwise is a boring, drawn out game. I don't have the patience to camp for the sake of camping so I usually rush to start if off. I love being behind someone who thinks they are safe behind the cover. LOL

I am digging the classic depending on the people. Hate the respawn though. Probably would just use it to warm up my gun game.

I know what he is talking about, except it usually happens to the Insurgents right spawn. It's one of my favorite techniques. Spawn left side Spec Ops and you can see the enemy spawn from your own. I can usually get off a kill or 2 in the first few seconds. I don't use the auto kill rifle either, so I can only imagine how devastating it could be if a couple good snipers did that at the start of the round.

I actually learn't it from watching HTK play. He was on the other team and he sniped me from the spawn. For those of you who don't know, HTK works for Zipper.

It is poor map design, and should not be able to be done. It isn't the same as DG, because with a slight bit of lag, you can actually get sniped before you get a chance to move. It has become obvious to me that those 2 maps were designed for respawn and to make all modes available on them. The main problem is the new game modes they have are respawn based and require symmetrical maps. Great maps require inspiration, something that appears to have not been involved.

I totally agree with the other part of your post.
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:49 am
NAME-LESS wrote:I know what he is talking about, except it usually happens to the Insurgents right spawn. It's one of my favorite techniques. Spawn left side Spec Ops and you can see the enemy spawn from your own. I can usually get off a kill or 2 in the first few seconds. I don't use the auto kill rifle either, so I can only imagine how devastating it could be if a couple good snipers did that at the start of the round.

Yea, the spawns straight across from each other can snipe eachother. I spawn on Spec Ops right spawn, and get shot from directly in front of me (I will call them Alpha spawns, cause they are closest to Alpha by the garage, the other side will be be Charlie spawns, by the sniper post). Charlie spawns can snipe eachother and Alpha spawns can snipe eachother, so i always end up pulling a 180 whehn I spawn and heading around back, and through the Main building of our spawn and then down the middle. It makes me feel really limited in terms of what my options are when making my way across the map.

If it happens to my again, i'll break out the recording equipment, lol.
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:18 pm
Another thing I forgot about and no one else seems to have mentioned.....the scoreboard.

--It doesn't order by Kills and Deaths. In fact, it seems to be complete random order.
--This game is all about the color yellow. It DOMINATES the menus. Everything interface-wise is yellow or yellow-bordered, so i think your name on the Scoreboard should be a different color...something more eye-catching like , or even just Bolded. Bolded-white i think would stick out nicely. EDIT: I didn't realize it was already white. Green, perhaps?
--Also, i think the player ON YOUR TEAM (ONLY) who is or has the objective should appear Blue or Bolded-blue so you can easily tell who the team should be protecting. The blue "man" icon over people's heads is really hard to see amongst all the giant blue diamonds.
**Old Socoms would put the "satchel symbol" next to the player's name with the bomb**
--It should be easier and faster to Mute people, like in CoD. Just a button press, like X or SQUARE on each person to mute them. Why do i have to pull up their whole player card to do it?
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:33 pm
The mini-map does not follow the player you are spectating while you are dead. Doesn't make a difference at all, but its odd.
ChainFire420
ChainFire420
BOOMER
BOOMER

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:36 am
Slightly updated. Mostly just the transfer from Beta to Full-game and the patch that was carried over.

I will be back with more after i have had a thorough cahnce to play the game when classes are done and the PSN servers are back up.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum