SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
Lothrigen
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Concept Idea: TacRuleset Games Empty Concept Idea: TacRuleset Games

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:04 am
http://community.us.playstation.com/message/36120344#36120344

Check it out, tell me what you think and if anyone is willing to help start this gametype in a serious manner, please let me know or add me on PSN. Would love to get a core group of 8 guys playing 4v4 with these rules in mind.
Admin
Admin
OPS COM
OPS COM
https://socomfans.forumotion.net

Concept Idea: TacRuleset Games Empty Re: Concept Idea: TacRuleset Games

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:39 am
Darn it, I wish I could see this, I am at work and my Government computer is blocking it out. I will look at it when I get home. I played Confrontation this weekend and had a great time being able to choose what maps to play, lobbies, briefing rooms.
Lothrigen
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:58 pm
hehe, check it out when you can Smile
Lothrigen
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:58 pm
Decided to copy and paste it for you man, so you dont have to wait Razz

Here is a rundown of the TacRuleset:

1: Assault Rifles MUST be set to semi-automatic in either 1 round or 2 round bursts. No Fully automatic or 3 round bursts.

2: No Sprinting unless under fire.
3: No RPG's or AT4's.
4: M203's ARE Allowed at long ranges and ONLY if you see an enemy.
5: Must have a headset and able to communicate with your team.
6: No C4, Claymores, or Red Smoke. Only Frags, Flashbangs, and White Smoke allowed.
7: Frag Grenades may ONLY be thrown if its reasonable and you know where the enemy is. Not CHUCKED across the map.
8: NO Bunnyhopping. Only jump when its to get over an obstacle.

This is the tactical ruleset that LoTG will be employing for Friday Night Scenario Nights.

Now for a brief overview of what a Friday Night Scenario Night hopes to achieve and what it will entail;

The Scenario Night was first drawn out as a brief concept of what could be achieved through a tactical mindset to help shape SOCOM Confrontation into a new game, or to develop a new gametype through player dedication. A Scenario Night in the future, would entail 4 man fireteams, in either 4v4 or 8v8 Games, and if successful will eventually grow to 16v16 with 4 fireteams per team.

A Standardized Fireteam would be the following;

Alpha 1 Fireteam Leader:
Alpha 1 Grenadier:
Alpha 1 Assistant Automatic Rifleman: (Could be switched out for Designated Marksman)
Alpha 1 Automatic Rifleman:

If A Second Fireteam was used, Alpha 2 would be the second fireteam's name or just Bravo 1 for simplicity and ease of communication when Fireteams are speaking to each other.

Now the Fireteam Idea would only work if people were willing to listen to and adhere to the rules that this new game concept would require. Such as the following;

Fireteam Leaders are in command of their fireteam and everyone else in the fireteam MUST follow them, however, suggestions are welcome and Fireteam Leaders should not be egotistical and a dictator. Each Position MUST be discussed and decided as to who gets what in the pregame lobby with Commandos having the floor to speak first, and then the Mercenaries. An LoTG member will moderate the game as well as play to make sure that the rules are respected and followed. All Fireteams MUST follow the TacRuleset in order to provide good tactical gameplay.

Loadouts: In order to provide a realistic and tactical environment, Combat loadouts are a must. A Fireteam Leader should not carry a sniper rifle for that is not his role. For example, the following is a guideline to follow when using the Tac Ruleset;

Fireteam Leaders' Loadout:
(Assault Rifle of Any Type: Accepted Attatchements are Red Dot and Reflex Scope.
(Submachine Gun of Any Type :Close Quarters Only: Accepted Attatchments are Red Dot and Reflex Scopes, with Suppressors if wanted.

Grenadiers' Loadout:
(Assault Rifle: See Above, With M203 or Variant of a Grenade Launcher)

Assistant Automatic Riflemans' Loadout:
(See Fireteam Leader Loadout)

Designated Marksman Loadout:
(Assault Rifle of Any Type, ALL Attatchments are accepted except for M203 or Grenade Launcher Variant)

Automatic Rifleman's Loadout:
(Any Machinegun with any attatchment accepted.)

Those are the guidelines to follow when deploying in a TacRuleset Game. This has been tested ingame and it works fine with 4v4, and 8v8. The only problem I can foresee is if someone is immature and does not follow the TacRuleset while others are. However, in that case they can be voted out I suppose. Now some of you are probably wondering, what about Snipers? Well if you are a sniper there will be specific matches in which case the LoTG Admin will tell you that a Sniper team for Mercs or Commandos is available. Or Both teams may have one depending on the Scenario. A Sniper team MUST consist of a Sniper AND Spotter. No Lone wolf stuff. The Loadouts are as follows.

Sniper Loadout:
(Any Bolt Action Sniper Rifle With Any Attatchment Except for Thermal Sight. Smoke Grenades and Flashbangs Only. No Frags.)

Spotter Loadout:
(See Designated Marksman Loadout)

The last thing to post about is the gametype "Scenarios". The Idea was to create an Elimination Match, No Respawns by default and to discuss in the Pregame lobby what the Scenario was. Such as, lets say, on the map Crossroads. In the Pregame lobby it is announced by the Ranking LoTG member that the scenario for the match will be "Operation Mongoose" or some variant they decide to call the particular match. They go on to explain the Scenario, here is a brief explanation of a concept given by one of our members.

8v8 or 8v4 for an unbalanced Merc Advantage.

"Mercenaries have taken the Fish Market and have killed an American Diplomat. The American Government and United Nations have Sanctioned for a Multinational Special Forces Operation and have given a Green Light to the Commandos. The Commandos objective is to enter the Area of Operations which is the Fish Market, and Eliminate all hostiles in the area. Major Victory for No Commandos Casualties. Minor Victory for 1 or more Commandos Casualties. Major Defeat for All Mercs alive. Minor defeat for 1 or more Mercs Casulties."

The idea further on with Major and Minor Victory's is that a tournament ladder created In Community would be created. A Forums set up to keep up with stats and points and an everchanging TacRuleset Battlefield would emerge. The more points at the end of the tournament, The Faction would win. Would get to choose the next Battlefield or Map to play on, and get bragging rights so to speak

The Campaign or Operations will consist of 3 Tiers of Scenarios. Each with 1 Round, and a Round Time Unlimited so planning and strategy as well as defenses can be made. It will be a dynamic battlefield. So if the Commandos won the Fish Market Scenario on Crossroads. They would push back the Mercs farther to another scenario for the next round, and if the Commandos won again, the Mercs would have a last stand scenario. If the Mercs lost yet again, then the Commandos won the battlefield and the Scenario. However, the Points system is still in effect, so the overall campaign can be won even with lost battlefields. Lets say for example that the Mercs won the last Stand, then a new scenario would be generated by an LoTG member for the Mercs to Push the Commandos back. An everchanging, Dynamic Battlefield.

I'll keep a page on Here with a copied post of this TacRuleset and Name it "Concept Idea: TacRuleset Matches"

If the Idea catches on and people seem to want to do it, then I'll make another post and name it "TacRuleset Campaign #1" Within that post will be Fireteam positions that need to be filled. People can reply in a post and then add me on PSN under the name Lothrigen and apply for a Fireteam Position. I'll need to talk briefly with them to ensure that they have a working mic, can speak decent english, and have the required maturity level needed for this gametype. The post will also have a brief explanation of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Tier Scenarios as well as which map it will be on.

You DO NOT have to be an LoTG member to play in the LoTG TacRuleset Games or Scenario Nights. However, we do need members to help us administer this idea and to moderate the scenario nights. All in all, SOCOM is a game, and we just want to have fun, the way we like to have fun

Sincerely the Community's Slave,
Lothrigen

"Copied Post Explaining The TacRuleset Concept"
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:27 pm
I know some one who may be interested in this that visits here often, Billy_Bad and his Clan, they play Confrontation on a regular basis.
Lothrigen
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:29 pm
Sounds good, just trying to gather interest in this concept I came up with. It's very easily done, you just have to get people who are willing to play by the rules.
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:51 pm
My guys don't play Con as much as they used too, been wanting them to return. It sounds like something that would be great for a Tournament.
Lothrigen
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:45 pm
well just hit me up on PSN if you want to try and get a game of this going on with some buddies. Lothrigen is the name Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum