SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads. Empty Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:28 pm
Just giving a heads up, if you see some threads disappear (ones I personally created) it's because I am removing them. This is inspired by guys like Swill, Drum, etc. Guys who aren't "on a side" of any argument, who want to keep their friendships with both sides but find it increasingly difficult to do so with continued back and forths. Guys like them are probably in the worst spot as each time they talk to guys on either side they'll feel the pressure to feel like they have to see that sides point of view and condemn the other or else be seen as "condoning the other sides actions". It's a position that I would imagine makes those people feel like they are "the bad guys" to both sides and it's not a fun spot to be in.

I think even if people don't care to make concessions or apologies to certain people it's probably a good idea not to forget there are more then two sides to this thing. There are two sides arguing but there is another side to it that is kind of stuck in the crossfire. Me and Swill didn't have the most constructive exchange about this in one of the threads in question but just because we don't see eye to eye on every point doesn't mean I am going to auto-dismiss every point he makes either. So if I can do a little something to make things a little less stressful for guys kind of in the middle of these back and forths I might as well make the attempt rather then just say "well I shouldn't do anything cause it probably won't change the drama anyways". If we do nothing just because we believe "it's no use cause nothing is going to change anyways" then that just assures nothing will ever get done.

Now none of this means I'll be deleting posts you guys make if you decide to speak out on these issues as I'm not going to force you guys to take my stance. You guys are all your own person and can choose to discuss what you want to discuss, can choose to delete your own comments or leave them be as you see fit. Of course any posts you had in those threads I created will disappear because I am removing the thread itself not your individual comments. Comments you guys make on other threads about any of these issues will remain in place. Anyways, I just wanted to give you guys the heads up in case you scratch your head wondering what happened to some of the recent threads.
Buchanans
Buchanans
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads. Empty Re: Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:40 pm
Is this mean't to be a satirical action?
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads. Empty Re: Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:49 pm
Buchanans wrote:Is this mean't to be a satirical action?  

Nope it's a very real action and a personal decision on my part. I did leave the original thread I made after the TRS stoppage about TRS going into read only mode but threads I made specifically about "This guy said this on Twitter" and such are gone. If you guys want to start up your own threads on these kinds of issues I won't intervene but I'm trying to consider more then just myself here. Guys like Drum and Swill like I said. The third side to this thing we never seem to consider.
Buchanans
Buchanans
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:14 pm
Just seemed like a strange move to remove every one else's content simply because you happened to of been the first link in the chain. I mean I personally don't care all that much but did you consider that others may of preferred their content remained? I legitimately thought you were trying to parody certain events with this.
dizee
dizee
JESTER
JESTER

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:32 pm
Tomb, you shouldnt have to have delete threads because of bunch of people disagree. I personally disagreed with that thread being made, if anything it should have been made in private. But once its out there, it shouldnt have been deleted.

If those people dont like those sort of threads, why dont they just ignore them? Thats what they keep telling us to do, ignore ignore ignore. So then they can do just that, they can ignore any threads that they dont like.

From what I have seen, the people who we have issues with all claim they dont care about this website nor read or come here etc, so why pander to them or their type of thinking? If they dont "read" this website, then clearly its a case of what they dont know cant hurt them.

If people who dont post on this website are offended by things said here, I really dont care. If people who do use this website are offended, then they can simply ignore the posts like I keep hearing all the time.
xCaZx
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:43 pm
FWIW, this is a good move.

The back and forth doesn't get anyone anywhere. Don't get me wrong..I 100% get it. Their simply not worth your time.
1UP
1UP
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA
https://1upsdevelopment.com/

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:11 pm
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:Just giving a heads up, if you see some threads disappear (ones I personally created) it's because I am removing them. This is inspired by guys like Swill, Drum, etc. Guys who aren't "on a side" of any argument, who want to keep their friendships with both sides but find it increasingly difficult to do so with continued back and forths. Guys like them are probably in the worst spot as each time they talk to guys on either side they'll feel the pressure to feel like they have to see that sides point of view and condemn the other or else be seen as "condoning the other sides actions". It's a position that I would imagine makes those people feel like they are "the bad guys" to both sides and it's not a fun spot to be in.

I think even if people don't care to make concessions or apologies to certain people it's probably a good idea not to forget there are more then two sides to this thing. There are two sides arguing but there is another side to it that is kind of stuck in the crossfire. Me and Swill didn't have the most constructive exchange about this in one of the threads in question but just because we don't see eye to eye on every point doesn't mean I am going to auto-dismiss every point he makes either. So if I can do a little something to make things a little less stressful for guys kind of in the middle of these back and forths I might as well make the attempt rather then just say "well I shouldn't do anything cause it probably won't change the drama anyways". If we do nothing just because we believe "it's no use cause nothing is going to change anyways" then that just assures nothing will ever get done.

Now none of this means I'll be deleting posts you guys make if you decide to speak out on these issues as I'm not going to force you guys to take my stance. You guys are all your own person and can choose to discuss what you want to discuss, can choose to delete your own comments or leave them be as you see fit. Of course any posts you had in those threads I created will disappear because I am removing the thread itself not your individual comments. Comments you guys make on other threads about any of these issues will remain in place. Anyways, I just wanted to give you guys the heads up in case you scratch your head wondering what happened to some of the recent threads.

You already did that by deleting the thread with everone's responses in it. If they don't like it then they have the option to not read it. It's as simple as that. As I have stated in the past people go out of their way to be offended. Deleting a thread doesn't magically fix the problems that existed weather they believe it will or not. Shit doesn't work that way.

If you give swill an inch, he's gonna ask for that next mile. People being asked to not say things because it hurt someone's feelings is the reason it got to this point to begin with.
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:33 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
1UP wrote:
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:Just giving a heads up, if you see some threads disappear (ones I personally created) it's because I am removing them. This is inspired by guys like Swill, Drum, etc. Guys who aren't "on a side" of any argument, who want to keep their friendships with both sides but find it increasingly difficult to do so with continued back and forths. Guys like them are probably in the worst spot as each time they talk to guys on either side they'll feel the pressure to feel like they have to see that sides point of view and condemn the other or else be seen as "condoning the other sides actions". It's a position that I would imagine makes those people feel like they are "the bad guys" to both sides and it's not a fun spot to be in.

You already did that by deleting the thread with everone's responses in it. If they don't like it then they have the option to not read it. It's as simple as that. As I have stated in the past people go out of their way to be offended. Deleting a thread doesn't magically fix the problems that existed weather they believe it will or not. Shit doesn't work that way.

If you give swill an inch, he's gonna ask for that next mile. People being asked to not say things because it hurt someone's feelings is the reason it got to this point to begin with.

Swill didn't ask me to remove the posts, he just questioned whether it was a good idea to make in the first place. The decision to remove them was all my own. There was no like PM lobbying or anything. Of course there's also the matter of Paul tweeting out about forum changes with the code of conduct link in it. After clicking on that and reading that I feel like some of those posts goes against the grain of what Paul has in mind for the site. Now Paul has never asked me to take a single post or thread down, hasn't said a word to me about anything I have posted here but again it's a personal decision. It's the combination of thinking about guys like Drum and Swill and then happening upon Paul's Tweet and just deciding for myself "Eh, maybe I should just move on from this shit". It's not like people are going to unsee those threads or forget where our stances and opinions are on things.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum