SOCOM FANS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO THE SOCOM FANS FORUM "HOME OF THE ORIGINAL SOCOMERS"

Go down
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads. - Page 4 Empty Re: Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:33 am
Tactical Junglist wrote:
Buchanans wrote:Tomb I don't think anybody is upset at what you were trying to do, just pointing out the way you did it was probably a mistake. I think a better way to of done things would of been to edit remove your specific posts as opposed to deleting everybody else's that followed as well. I'm not getting the vibe anybody thinks you betrayed trust.

This...I also don't think anyone is mad at you and would like you to step down as a mod. personally, i am glad you are a mod. You've proven time and time again over the years how much you care about SOCOM, and having someone like you as a mod is perfect. I called you my favorite SOCOMer for a reason. There's a few people in this community that fit the description.

Another reason I think so is because of what you said earlier, and I am paraphrasing: "90% of the posts around here are about Tawok blah blah blah..." It's because of that you decided to do what you did. The reasoning is definitely commendable whether the action was sound or not.

Frankly, I am tired of seeing all of the talk about Tawok, and I am tired of seeing all the talk about people here from what I am calling "Tawok's camp". It's getting nobody anywhere. I'm not calling anyone out here, because there are legitimate gripes to be had by everyone involved. I also get along with people on both sides of the line so I just want to see this shit disappear into the ether. There is no further need to keep justifying reasoning. It's all been heavily documented by everyone.

I've stated in the past that I really want EVERYONE to move on from this, whether it means everybody is buddy buddy or not. If people keep talking about each other and insulting each other, shit is never going to be resolved. I'm a third party to this in the same way @Drum is, so if there is anything I can do to help, I'd like to try as well. I've tried to just ignore this shit as much as I can, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to do so...

There is a way you can help, take over my mod spot lol. Perhaps the "third party" to this stuff is the exact perspective needed here for a mod because even though I deleted my threads to take a step in a more moderate direction I still do have a bias in me as far as where I view things in these back and forths. Maybe someone in the middle like you or a Drum would be a better fit for moderating. If I didn't have a bias in me I would have likely never created those threads to begin with.
Tactical Junglist
Tactical Junglist
REAVER
REAVER

Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads. - Page 4 Empty Re: Hey guys, I'm going to remove some threads.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:01 am
TOMBSTONE4U wrote:
Tactical Junglist wrote:
Buchanans wrote:Tomb I don't think anybody is upset at what you were trying to do, just pointing out the way you did it was probably a mistake. I think a better way to of done things would of been to edit remove your specific posts as opposed to deleting everybody else's that followed as well. I'm not getting the vibe anybody thinks you betrayed trust.

This...I also don't think anyone is mad at you and would like you to step down as a mod. personally, i am glad you are a mod. You've proven time and time again over the years how much you care about SOCOM, and having someone like you as a mod is perfect. I called you my favorite SOCOMer for a reason. There's a few people in this community that fit the description.

Another reason I think so is because of what you said earlier, and I am paraphrasing: "90% of the posts around here are about Tawok blah blah blah..." It's because of that you decided to do what you did. The reasoning is definitely commendable whether the action was sound or not.

Frankly, I am tired of seeing all of the talk about Tawok, and I am tired of seeing all the talk about people here from what I am calling "Tawok's camp". It's getting nobody anywhere. I'm not calling anyone out here, because there are legitimate gripes to be had by everyone involved. I also get along with people on both sides of the line so I just want to see this shit disappear into the ether. There is no further need to keep justifying reasoning. It's all been heavily documented by everyone.

I've stated in the past that I really want EVERYONE to move on from this, whether it means everybody is buddy buddy or not. If people keep talking about each other and insulting each other, shit is never going to be resolved. I'm a third party to this in the same way @Drum is, so if there is anything I can do to help, I'd like to try as well. I've tried to just ignore this shit as much as I can, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to do so...

There is a way you can help, take over my mod spot lol. Perhaps the "third party" to this stuff is the exact perspective needed here for a mod because even though I deleted my threads to take a step in a more moderate direction I still do have a bias in me as far as where I view things in these back and forths. Maybe someone in the middle like you or a Drum would be a better fit for moderating. If I didn't have a bias in me I would have likely never created those threads to begin with.

Well, I will leave that up to Paul and the community as a whole, to be honest. I would never politic for a spot as a mod. I'm going to be honest on this, Tomb. You should remain a mod. Part of that role is taking an action someone may not like. You're good at letting things roll off and you always provide a method to your madness. You may have your own opinions about things, but I don't see you letting those opinions sway your actions...
Swill
Swill
RAAHEELAA
RAAHEELAA

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:04 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Tomb, I can see why you deleted your threads and I completely 100% agree with your intentions behind that. This idea that there needs to be an "on record" reply to the stuff they've said is absurd and is exactly part of the problem, so although I prefer the threads stay up purely out of free speech, I can understand what you were intending to do and respect it.

Lastly, I don't want to see you step down as a mod. You're overreacting to the situation. You're doing a perfectly fine job. Continue on.
Tactical Junglist
Tactical Junglist
REAVER
REAVER

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:06 am
Swill wrote:Tomb, I can see why you deleted your threads and I completely 100% agree with your intentions behind that. This idea that there needs to be an "on record" reply to the stuff they've said is absurd and is exactly part of the problem, so although I prefer the threads stay up purely out of free speech, I can understand what you were intending to do and respect it.

Lastly, I don't want to see you step down as a mod. You're overreacting to the situation. You're doing a perfectly fine job. Continue on.

There may not be enough zeroes to place after 100 for the percentage I agree with this exact sentiment.
Tactical Junglist
Tactical Junglist
REAVER
REAVER

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:15 am
Well, whoever added the last line to my post above Swill, added a great sentiment that I also agree with, so thank you!
PAUL-AWOL-
PAUL-AWOL-
KAHUNA
KAHUNA
http://beerclan.forumotion.net/

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:21 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
My mistake, drinking coffee and hit the wrong button, instead of quote I hit edit..

Naaa you can't quit on me yet, things are going to get better and this phase of bullshit will move on.. But it's up to you if you want to leave the mod spot..
TOMBSTONE4U
JESTER
JESTER

Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:29 am
Swill wrote:Tomb, I can see why you deleted your threads and I completely 100% agree with your intentions behind that. This idea that there needs to be an "on record" reply to the stuff they've said is absurd and is exactly part of the problem, so although I prefer the threads stay up purely out of free speech, I can understand what you were intending to do and respect it.

Well I appreciate that Swill but you know in some ways its tough because like there's part of me that doesn't mind being a mod and making a tweak to comments here or there if needed but at the same time a part of me who wouldn't mind relaxing and just "being one of the boys" and not have to take responsibility for the site content and let someone else deal with all that. This way if I do feel compelled at some point to take part in one of those kind of threads in the future at least I'd feel like I am only speaking for myself and not kind of dragging Paul in the mud with me having my rep attached to him or the way the site is managed with the mod title. Paul seems to want me to try to stick it out as seen in his post here so I'll stick with it but I probably need to find a better balance as deleting three threads wasn't just a "tweak" but a pretty big overhaul in hindsight. Maybe I should have just made smaller edits to parts of the threads or specifically to my comments in them rather then just tearing the whole thing down. But I guess the reaction you get for doing such things is part of how you learn how to handle similar situations if they pop up again in the future.
MACK IS GOD
MACK IS GOD
BOOMER
BOOMER

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:02 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I agree that Drum or Junglist would and should be moderators, if anybody.

Last edited by MACK IS GOD on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum